The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

74 posts Page 3 of 5
Hi All,
I'm fasting today - should have been yesterday but my son arrived home from a stay in Aberdeen and took me out for lunch! Had just two mugs of fresh lemon and ginger this morning (which I love) and will have nothing to eat now until dinner (hopefully), or maybe a coffee and perhaps a mug of Bovril if I'm really hungry. I've been doing 4:3 for three weeks now and have lost 8lbs, which is brilliant for me as I've no thyroid gland and find it really difficult to lose weight, and have lots to lose. Good luck to everyone on their fast day x
Annoyingly I don't get home from work until at least 7 and then have to cook so it's a long old day if I don't eat mid-afternoon.
I'm fasting too, my fourth week of this. So far so good. I will be having some home made veg soup shortly, plainly made parsnip and tarragon which is always delicious. Tonight will be chicken salad I think as have half a cold chicken in the fridge. It's not much hardship really is it?
Moogie - that dinner does look amazing! I will certainly be trying something similar. Worth waiting all day for!
I think I'm going to have the 170 cal tuna salad from Pret instead of the soup...
Hi all

My third week/6th day.... trying a slightly different approach today, from my previous 5 days, 100 cal for breakfast, 100 cals for lunch and 300 for dinner. Seem to have a constant headacke/migraine so hoping this may help, any one else having this problem?
Regards

Fast days: Monday&Thursdays
No headaches here.

So hungry today! Oh dear - seems harder.

More tea ....
Hi, im new to the site and started the diet last week doing 4:3 and lost 3lbs in week 1 and now on my 2nd fast of week two!! really worried that i am hindering my results as i have been doing 3 meals a deal - i cannot have a late breakfast at my work so usually have porridge with water (100 cals) at 7.30am, weight watchers soup (noodle today 51cals) at 1pm and then weight watchers lasagne (257cals) at about 6pm. Is anyone else doing this and still succeeding or do you think i should change what i am doing?
This is my first fast, interesting but I would advise not drinking ordinary black tea, made my tongue feel like it was wearing a fur coat. Had a Twinings Lady Grey zesty and bright black tea...much better.
Decided not to tell colleagues I'm doing this today...you know how it is, loads of people asking if your hungry. However it's quite true to say the hunger doesent get worse...it is going well so far anyhow.
Victoria - quite a few users have 3 meals on their fast days, it's really got to be whatever works for you :) It is believed that greater benefits (whether this is just in terms of health or also with weight loss) are found by having the longest gap possible between feeding. I noticed an improvement when I swapped from lunch & dinner to just dinner (with a low cal hot choc in the day if needed) and even better now I cut out the hot choc and have 0 cals until my 400-500 cal dinner.
Victoria, I would agree with Moogie.

Keep experimenting and see what works best for you hunger wise and weight loss wise.

Fasting until dinner is easier than it sounds.

Mind you, I'm finding it hard today! A 29 calorie miso soup has helped a lot!
Thanks Fast Jo. I think i will try this approach out on my fast on Sunday! I think now that i am on my 5th fast it isnt such a daunting thought change to this approach - dont no if i would have managed it straight away starting on the diet.
Weird to read how many people are finding it especially hard today, as I'm definitely struggling. Massive rumbles and grumbles from the old tummy area today pretty much from when I woke up!

Have just had lots of water and herbal teas though and am telling myself it's only a few hours til I can have a nice big dinner of 500 calories!

Resolve has well and truly been tested today though - there's been fried eggs and bacon cooked breakfasts in the office, bags of soft doughy cookies brought in by someone else followed by other people eating mcdonalds for lunch (healthy office, this!)
I know! It's been a struggle and usually quite easy.

Lets keep going though. Just think of standing on the scales!

Good luck Victora! Just keep trying things out :)
Hello all!,

I'm fasting today as well. This is my fourth fast-day and so far so good. ;-) In fact, I'm finding the fast days OK. I had two poached eggs on toast for breakie which I think sets me up for the rest of the day. Currently knocking back the diet coke for lunch. Tonight it's salmon.

The strange thing is, I think I'm finding the fast-days "easier" in a way than the Meal-day following a fast-day. I've felt sluggish and uncomfortable on those three days and haven't really enjoyed all the food! In fact, the sharp contrast shows how much I was eating throughout the day. Perhaps there's a knock on effect and you tend to reduce and re-learn or re-train yourself on the meal-days? I'm rambling now... ;-)

Good luck to all!
74 posts Page 3 of 5