The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

74 posts Page 5 of 5
I've been fasting today, waiting for the evening meal and I'm starving. I stopped off at the supermarket on the way home to get some stuff for the meal and phoned home to see if they wanted anything more bringing in. "Only some milk". So I fetched the necessary stuff, then got another phonecall closer to home, wanting more stuff, so I had to go back. Then I get in the house to find that the evening meal hasn't even been started - no veg chopped, nothing. So I'm stomping about because I'm starving, and I get asked to help with the prep, even though I've been out to work. Bear in mind that my sister, who is on 5 days holiday, is sat in the chair with a shawl wrapped round her playing Freecell. I haven't eaten for nearly 7 hours. I am starving.

The things I could do with a head of celery right now don't bear mentioning. :twisted:
4th fast today (5:2 - Week 2, Fast 2). Busy all day, so I didn't realise I was hungry until late afternoon, when I was suddenly r-a-v-e-n-o-u-s. I had a mug of Marigold bouillon while making a vegetable soup for my evening meal. And when that was ready, I had a bowl of the soup. If all goes to plan, that is my lot for the day, but I'm still hungry. Mineral water and weird teas may sort that out. Or a nice coffee. I always find that a good espresso makes me feel as though a meal is at an end.

I am going to weigh myself tomorrow, but I'm not hopeful that the scales will say what I want them to. I'm sure yesterday's overindulgence in wine will have put paid to any weight loss I might otherwise have hoped for. Ho hum.
Stomach hunger hasn't been a problem today but I've felt quite weak and also have been in a foul mood. I haven't enjoyed today very much, and I had to work late.

Trout and green beans now though.
Fasting today , find it hard not too have three meals so only just stay within 500, hope my fitness pal is correct , but query lettuce, Tom and cucumber =91 cals ! also felt very hungry all day with lots of stress at work !! Retiring in two months ,wonder if it will easier or harder with time on my hands .
They are def not 91 cals, Nicky!
Sorry to those of you who've ha a bad fasting day today, but this was my easiest yet (4th fast)....

Nothing until dinner then a lean steak, masses of salad and 4 chunky oven chips. Still have 150 cals to go - it's a miracle!

Wish I hadn't worked out that I could have a glass of wine with that, am finding the alcohol free element quite therapeutic!

I suspect it will be early to bed for me tonight - sleep well everyone :) zzzz
I'm fasting today too, and actually this has been the easiest fast day of them all so far (OK, there's only been 6 but we all have to start somewhere!). I wonder if it's because I didn't eat any carbs last night?

I've found it easier to save all my calories and have one meal in the evening. We've just had M&S Fuller Longer Chicken & Prawn Pad Thai, and very yummy it was too! Only 375 calories so enough for a small chocolate treat as well. :)
I am fasting today and am in bed early with a rumbling tum.I have a glass of water by my bed but will not succumb to my hunger pangs because,I know that they do come in waves and that they will go soon.Looking forward to a meal out tomorrow night and alovely glass of wine. The good thing about this way of eating is that you feel you deserve a treat without the guilt
Just looking at this last page, some have had the easiest fast yet and others have had a tough day! :)

This was a hard fast for me while other days have been a breeze. I guess that's just how it will be. Will have to make the most of the easy days.

Turning in early here. Scales await in the morning.

Goodnight all.
Night Jo - hope you have a better fast day next time. :)
Fast day coming to an end and it's been a good one for me. Definitely feeling hungry now but it will soon be morning.I usually have to wait for breakfast as I get up and go straight out to see to my horses, so I get a bit longer fasting, can't be bad. Sleep tight all.
Yes this has been my first day of fasting. I was determined not to eat until I actually felt hungry so didn't eat anything until 2.30pm. Then had 2 boiled eggs and a salad at 7.00pm

I'm feeling a little peckish but nothing I can't cope with. I'm going to end the evening off with a low cal hot chocolate.

I've found that it helps to keep busy so on Monday - my next fast day - I'm planning to do some decorating !! That should keep me occupied.
Fasting day was good yesterday, managed to distract myself a couple of times. Dinner was lovely, prawn stir fry, with heaps of veg, garlic, chilli, ginger and soy, so many flavours, it was delicious. Followed by low fat yoghurt and a clementine. More than enough. Really pleased with myself. Got up this morning, did not rush to the cupboard, I didn't feel starving. Looking forward to Monday. Have a good weekend everyone.
Just a wee update!

This morning is my second weigh in so i lost another 3lbs (6lbs in 2 weeks) so really pleased with that! Tried to just eat a meal at night on my fast on Sunday but really wasnt feeling too great - tired, headache and literally no energy. I think what i am doing just now (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is working for me just now so hopefully I will have another successful week!
74 posts Page 5 of 5