The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

74 posts Page 4 of 5
Perhaps a bit naughtily I got on the scales this morning (after my feast day) and had actually lost a tiddly bit more since the morning before.

I know you're supposed to only weigh yourself once a week, but I've been keeping a note of my weight a few times a week and it's been interesting seeing what effect fasting and feasting has over whole month since I started.
For example I'm now actually 6lbs less than I was this time 3 weeks ago, so that highlights that the odd weight fluctuations here and there really don't matter.
I feel the same LastChance - fast days often easier (not today).

That's great, shrinking goose, hope I've lost 6 pounds in three weeks time!
I'm doing Mondays and Thursdays too! Second Thursday today, I had a splittling headache last week so am going to have 3 meals today, so far it hasn't reappeared.

Today's Menu for me:

25g of porridge with semi skimmed milk at 11am - 160 cals
A bowl of delicious celeriac soup from the recipe page just now - 70 cals ( I hope though was a massive bowl and I'm really full now!)
Half a portion of left over beef casserole for dinner - Should be under 200 calories as no potatoes.

I've lost 5 pounds so far, how's everyone else doing? Wondering whether I should start having bigger porridge at 11am then waiting till dinner time in future if that has better benefits..
Am really looking forward to dinner tonight...will have to eat early as have evening class at1830and hubby has gastric problem and mustn't eat late....trying Worral thompsons low gi Thai steamed salmon, have just made the marinade and now tummy is rumbling even more.
The afternoon has proved to the low dip and could be tempted to EAT something, but only a couple of hours till dinner. Can't do the two small meals thing...end up too hungry. Amazed that in a three fasts worth of the program, have lost nearly two inches off waist!
Hi. This is my 1st week and 2nd fast. Started today with a smoothie (170 cals) and will have a plain Quorn fillet with lots of roasted veg later. I'm starting to feel a bit hungry but not to bad. More concerned that I have a dentist appointment later and my growling stomach will embarrass me! Weigh in tomorrow :)
Fast Jo wrote: I wonder if sales of fruit and herbal tea have risen?

I'm thinking of buying shares ... :)

Haha, me too!
Hungry now! Having a black coffee to keep the rumbling tummy quiet. Will be having dinner at about 5 as play badminton at 7. Have done well though today, nothing but a cuppa soup (and coffee, fruit tea and water) since dinner last night at about 8. Sorry to see some people are struggling today, must be the weather. Good to read about everyone weight losses and looking forward to weighing on Sunday after my first two fast days. Other half doing it too and he has just rung me specifically to tell me he has eaten nothing all day and is starving!! He did have some sneaky toast last night before he went to bed though!! :D
I am doing OK! I had 150-cals of sushi at 2pm. Hunger is manageable. Dinner won't be until 8ish... argh
Hi All. Today is my last fasting day before I go away for a couple of weeks.

Swam 1800 Meters this morning, had a small banana (45 cals) did a stretching class, came home and had a small bowl of porridge made with water(225 cals). That, with lots of fruit teas will keep me going until the evening when I will have a huge salad with a bit of cottage cheese and half a tin of tuna.I know that I will put on weight while I'm on holiday but I'm not worried as I have already proved that with 5:2 I can take it off again easily.

To those of you who have not been doing this for long I would like to reassure you that I found fasting days lots easier in warmer weather partly because I didn't feel the cold and partly because there is more to do when its possible to be outside. The added bonus are the lovely fresh vegetables available in the summer. Good luck to all. 8-)
I am fasting today, finding it a bit tough as pulled my back yesterday so not able to be so active today. Got to 12md and am feeling ok, nothing but tea/coffee/water so far, will have a cuppa soup soon, then nothing until 6pm ish for snapper and salad, good luck everyone
Hi Pauline
Yeah I found it tough too today. You are not alone! :)
Hope the back feels better soon.
Garnet25 - I found your post encouraging! This weather is the pits! Who wants to go for a walk in the driving wind and rain? Got to be easier in July
Hi everyone.

Had a really easy fast today (sorry). Kept carbs to almost zero and have hardly had any hunger pangs. I have to get through the evening yet, so things may change!
Hi fellow fasters. I had poached egg on toast at 6 this morning and no calories since then...I'm seriously hungry now. I am going to have soup and hope it sates my appetite. I had considered eating nothing at all until tomorrow morning but am worried that might be too unhealthy. I'm one of those people who once they start eating find it hard to keep to sensible limits. This will be worth it once I am feeling more comfortable in my clothes and have more energy. It's so empowering to know that when I wake up tomorrow I can eat whatever I want!
Had a great fasting day today so far. Had some soup for lunch for 150 cals made for me by my lovely sister. Planning mushroom omlette and five beans for tea but got to get boy to cubs first. I usually don't have anything till teatime and am a bit worried that eating at lunchtime makes I not work as well? Anyhow, has been much easier, hardly been hungry really at all. Been quite busy as well which helps. I guess the evening mug be harder on a 359 cal tea. We shall see.
As a newbie,I'm sticking to easy options for counting calories on my fast today. Nothing until 1pm and then a Weight Watchers Tuscan Minestrone soup (129 cals). Now I'm just about to have Weight Watchers Ocean Pie (196 cals), with asparagus and broccoli. That will leave me some cals for a snack before bed! :D
74 posts Page 4 of 5