The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

81 posts Page 5 of 6
Re: Fasting Thursday June 6th
06 Jun 2013, 13:09
I'm fasting today. I need to after the pigout I had on Tues and Weds - loads of homemade pizza and biscuits. Having a redbush tea then going for a run, spot of gardening and then it will be dinner time!
06 Jun 2013, 13:51
I'm in. This morning was the first time I tried a bit of coconut oil in my first cup of coffee. Tasted pretty good! I didn't use much though as I can get a bit queasy if I eat a lot of fat all at once.

So a few more cups of regular coffee this morning, some breakfast for lunch (muesli) and maybe a green salad for dinner.

Have fun on your holidays, nodakmom. :)
06 Jun 2013, 13:59
I'm in too, although I have a feeling I'll exceed the 500 calories today. I went to boot camp this morning and came home starving! I'm usually not hungry after boot camp. :?: Anyway, typically I wait till 2PM to eat anything on a fast day, but ended up with a hard-boiled egg at 7AM. Oh well......not the end of the world. Next "feeding" will be 100 calorie Greek yogurt and some oat bran at 2.

Hope you're all having a great day!
06 Jun 2013, 14:01
I had two cups of coffee earlier this morning and just water since. Feeling good :smile: Looking forward to roast chicken and salad tonight - no carbs!
06 Jun 2013, 14:03
Hi All,
Fasting today and it's going well so far, but my big challenge is always dinner time. I usually make it to lunch with nothing but liquids and lunch is usually a salad and fruit but sometimes it's hard to stick to whatever calories I have left at dinner time.
06 Jun 2013, 15:37
Well, my plan of a tall skinny latte was kind of scuppered! I had a shot of sugar-free vanilla syrup in my coffee, and it gave me such a headache which I can only really attribute to the sweeteners as I drink a coffee a lot, and haven't touched sweeteners since I gave up aspartame in December. I only managed half of it and had to chuck the rest out. So instead I had a bite of my son's sandwich and a couple of wine gums that were calling to me. And a huge drink of water to flush out the sucralose.

Dinner (tomato based sauce over shredded cabbage) is being cooked at the mo.

Well done everyone, home straight of the day now!
06 Jun 2013, 15:54
Noodles and chicken and red pepper stir fry for dinner....cant wait and under 400 calories.
06 Jun 2013, 16:56
Im in! First fast day in over a week (social weekend followed by a rotten cold pretty much wrote me off this week!) I was going to take the whole week off but felt a bit better today so I thought I would make the most of it and do a fast :) managed to go all day on just water so have my full 500 calories when I get home at 7 - wooooo! Hope everyone is having a good fast day :)
06 Jun 2013, 17:42
Today going really good,have lasted 22hrs just water-fancy grilled chicken and veg for tea,wow that made my mouth water just typing it :-)
06 Jun 2013, 18:28
heading into the danger period for me, had salad for lunch and veggie sausage and veg for tea. Feeling hungry and trying to keep busy. Off to water the garden. How do people stop from snacking in the evening?
06 Jun 2013, 18:39
Home straight for me too, I'm just about to tot up my day's calories on MyFitnessPal, to see if I have enough left for some strawberries. It has been such a lovely day here and I have been very busy in the garden so an early night with a cup of Options is starting to feel quite appealing.
scarlett I can't help you with anti-snacking tips, but my worst snacking evenings are when I'm drinking alcohol at the weekends :like:
06 Jun 2013, 18:48
Totally stuffed after dinner of green salad (a LOT of lettuce) and a tin of tuna in spring water. Apple for afters too. 370 calories (give or take) today. May break out a 40 cal hot choccie drink before bed.
06 Jun 2013, 18:56
Fasted today...was quite happy until I noticed the date...it's my and OH's 15th wedding anniversary :heart:! I suppose it's lucky that he had forgotten too :roll:. Didn't stop fasting though...toasted each other with a glass of ice cold water and celebrated with a meal of naked salmon steak and veg stir fry. Think we're going out tomorrow instead. OH was suitably embarrassed that he'd forgotten!
06 Jun 2013, 19:23
Happy Anniversary Carorees, obviously going well as you are both so relaxed together x
06 Jun 2013, 20:22
Today's been a tough Fast day for me. I was hungry before lunch (which I never am) and all I can think about is getting home and having some dinner finally. It's seemed like a really long day. Looking forward to eating tomorrow!
81 posts Page 5 of 6