The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

48 posts Page 2 of 4
I'm fasting today instead of Sunday. My days are a bit mixed up and seem to be cramming together. Did Monday and Saturday last week after an abortive Thursday.
Coming up to dinner time and no food so far, only half an hour to go til I can break my fast. Managing to go all day and have my 500 as an evening meal. Wonder if it'll work better/the same/not make any difference.
I'm fasting today, I have had a 100 cal soup for lunch. In the staff canteen and colleagues eating chips from the chippy, they smell so good, but I can always have them tomorrow :). I have a 300 cal dinner tonight and a 40 cal hot chocolate at bed time. 2nd weigh day on Wednesday which I'm a little apprehensive about after losing so much in the first week.
Right, back to work now, away from the smell of chips lol. Good luck everyone fasting today.
Fasting day and first time at work, drinking lots of water. Feeling very alert and senses heightened. Is this all normal? Not hungry at all and helped as I stayed in a meeting away from food smells!
Yes, I think the alertness is normal...part of the benefit to your brain that Dr M mentioned in the programme. It helps us to be able to hunt down food!
I am so hungry today. Gritting my teeth now. I am just off to collect my son from school, so at least I have something to distract me. We have so much snow here, I shall have to concentrate on not slipping over. :lol:

Hungry :evil:
I'm fasting today and it's my first day!
*waves to say hello to Pixie who started today too*
I'm feeling ok now and am killing time until I can have my planned salad for lunch. Had a grapefruit, an apple and half a tbsp peanut butter for breakfast and am having green beans, poached agg and a slice of bacon for dinner.

I need to eat 3 times a day at the moment as am on antibiotics, annoyingly one type I have to take 3 times a day with food and another I have to take 4 times a day on an empty stomach so my timings are all over the place.

Still, not doing too badly. Not able to exercise currently but will be back to it once have healed and antibiotics are finished, think I will stick to eating very small meals 3 times a day as opposed to just once or twice though, I think it will mess with my head less that way.
I am - only my second fast day since starting and it is going very well so far! I just had a black coffee and ignored the hunger wave and feel pretty good!
Yep I am doing my repair day. So far So good! Xx
Pashcaline wrote: Yep I am doing my repair day. So far So good! Xx

Repair day? I like that approach!
Me, bought the book, read it, checked BMI, blimey! Decided to try it. Had grilled tomato and mushroom for brunch. Not sure if I can eat anything else today, currently looking for a calorie counting app. ;)
caloriecount.about.com is what I have been using, but in resources, there are a few different ones listed. Welcome!
Ellie wrote: Me, bought the book, read it, checked BMI, blimey! Decided to try it. Had grilled tomato and mushroom for brunch. Not sure if I can eat anything else today, currently looking for a calorie counting app. ;)

Mushrooms have next to no calories, around 15 cals per 100g I think, so a whole big box of mushrooms would only be about 60 cals! As for tomatoes, it depends on the kind but still a very low cal food. I should think you've got a good 350-450 cals left depending on how much you ate for your lunch :)
I'm fasting today too. I agree it's a day to look forward to after the weekend splurge. Just tried my thick maxi skirt on - last time I wore it was November when it was very snug indeed. Now, after doing the fast diet since September it's a much better fit. I haven't lost many pounds but I appear to have lost a good few inches round the waist and hips.
Well done indeed Jem! Clothes don't lie :D

I found within about 6 weeks of starting, my size 16 jeans no longer stayed up, and then another few weeks later my old size 14s were fitting comfortably again. Now my 14s are a bit too loose, but a 12 is still too tight. Another month or so to go I guess ;)

I should try on a couple of dresses I bought before I lost the weight, I bet the one I didn't realise at the time was a smaller size will fit properly now!
Moogie wrote:
Ellie wrote: Me, bought the book, read it, checked BMI, blimey! Decided to try it. Had grilled tomato and mushroom for brunch. Not sure if I can eat anything else today, currently looking for a calorie counting app. ;)

Mushrooms have next to no calories, around 15 cals per 100g I think, so a whole big box of mushrooms would only be about 60 cals! As for tomatoes, it depends on the kind but still a very low cal food. I should think you've got a good 350-450 cals left depending on how much you ate for your lunch :)

Thank you, planning next meal, pâté with crudités and a couple of crackers seems to add up. Better weigh everything. Feeling good, had a bit of a headache late afternoon but then realised how little I had drank with the change in eating routine. Better after a pint of water and a tea (8cal). ;)
48 posts Page 2 of 4