The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

48 posts Page 1 of 4
Must be a fair few of us judging by how popular Monday is on the poll!

I seem to manage alright on my fasts, but then I've been doing it since August. Lots of water today, though it's really cold so I might have a couple of weak hot blackcurrent squashes and a low cal hot choc later on.

After the amount of dinner I ate yesterday (and snacks in the day) I'm glad to be fasting today! Looking forward to my dinner though as I prepped my low cal lasagne yesterday, yum!
Me

I decided to do wiyhout any breakfast at all today to keep the cals for later

Tough but hanging in there so far
Well done David, it'll do you good as it means a longer period without food :D And just think what a nice big lunch and/or dinner you'll be able to have.
Me! This is my first day and I thought I'd feel scared or be constantly thinking about food but I just feel positive.
Started the day with some black tea. I can never eat first thing so I'm going to have a poached egg on a pile of baby spinach leaves soon.

With the hours my hubby works I spend most of the time on my own and I've decided that my fasting days will be 'me' days so I'm planning to pamper myself a bit with a nice bath, facepack and I need to paint my toenails!

I reckon it's a nice way to distract myself and concentrate on ME ... which is who I'm doing this for ;)

Good luck everyone!
Me! Don't usually fast on Mondays because I have to take my son to climbing club which finishes at 7 so it will be 7.30 at least before I have any food. However, I have an appointment at the hairdresser at lunchtime so I thought it would be easiest to fast than to take time out for lunch and the hairdresser!
Hi

Fasting today! I just had a coffee and will wait now until 1pm for my egg and ham. I'm having salmon tonight with veg and that should be it. I feel ok, just hungry. I hope dealing with the hunger will get easier. Good luck to everyone else!!

Michelle x
Third day of fasting today. Planning Hairy Bikers bolognese on a bed of shredded cabbage instead of pasta for supper tonight. Started last Monday, have lost 6lbs this week (all my Xmas weight gone thank goodness), was being mindful on other days but still had puddings at the weekend and not feeling at all deprived.
Have got a pair of trousers that I can just about squeeze into but would not be seen dead in which I'm aiming to wear in public in due course. That's my first goal for inches loss.
You'll learn to ignore the hunger or just have a drink, and it doesn't tend to last long at all. It gets easier and easier :)

I'm on my pill-free week this week so these two fast days are my hardest of the month as I tend to feel the cold more on fast days anyway, coupled with that time, coupled with the fact that it is actually freezing today! But, I'll keep adding layers of clothes and stick the heating on. Good thing I work from home so I can always put the dressing gown over everything else if needed!!

Well done to everyone who is doing their first fast today :)
Forgot to mention... I weighed myself for the first time in a long time when I got up this morning and instead of the usual disgust, shame and total horror I found myself thinking 'well, theres a lot to work with there, lets get on with it' :D

I've never felt positive before and always had that awful 'do something about it tomorrow' attitude :(

Just going to jot down my stats so I can keep track :D
Moogie wrote: "Good thing I work from home so I can always put the dressing gown over everything else if needed!!"

I am working at home wearing three jumpers and a furry hat! A picture of elegance...NOT :oops:
Fasting today. Have just finished a long 15 hour food free night shift so off to bed for a couple of ours. Just dinner for me today, tarragon chicken and some steamed spinach.
Hubby and I decided last night to fast today. I'm going to attempt not eating until he gets home from work - we will see how that goes. He's taking a meal to work, just in case he can't manage until then either.

I'm already hungry, which I think must be psychological because I never wake up hungry. I don't usually want food until 10am!
I'm fasting today. Had a green tea at about 10am and doing fine. Going out for a run later, which is the first time during fast day. This is week 3 and I still haven't re-weighed myself. Couldn't cope if I didn't see a difference so I think i'm going to weigh in monthly.
I'm sure you would see a difference 3 weeks in, but well done for being able to wait a month to find out!

Just been on the water so far today. Taking a walk down to the shops in a bit when I'm on my lunch break and when I get back I think I'll have a half cup of Cadburys highlights hot choc, yum!
I get weighed after each fast day. If I have lost I feel good about it. If I haven''t it motivates me to try harder
48 posts Page 1 of 4