The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

48 posts Page 3 of 4
so I've made it to 1pm with no food. Feasting right now on 1 oz salad greens, 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese, 1 tsp dressing (15 cals), 4 chives, some black pepper and a rye crispbread. So far it's pretty satisfying and 128 calories.

I think I'll head out to the store. I plan to make chicken breasts, grilled only with non-stick cooking spray and spices on my countertop contact grill. I will also roast some cauliflower in as small amount of oil as I can manage, with lots of salt and pepper and I'll pick some other veggie to go with it all

:-)
I'm starving but going to have a nice hot soak and eat in about an hour. I quite relish these fast days now. Its been nice thinking about what I am going to eat tomorrow, just about to make my sarnies for tomorrows lunch.
That bath is calling me, and then its an Asda low cal spaghetti bolognese.
Fast day for me today.

Breakfast, large banana 120 calories + half cup of orange juice 55 calories.

Lunch, small cup chicken soup 25 calories.

Dinner, cauliflower cheese grill 220 calories + lettuce 10 + tomato 22 + radish 6 + celery 3 + spring onion 7 + mug of tea with skimmed milk 25.

Rest of day black coffee..... :roll:

Total 493.
What's a cauliflower cheese grill for 220 calories? I love both cauliflower and cheese :D
Oh me too... would love to know what this is...
And me....first day today after a few tasters before Christmas.
Just had black coffee, a natural live yoghurt plus a small costa latte through the day and tilapia fillet with stir fry mix veg for dinner. My next fast will be Thursday. I'm thinking my main problem seems to be eating too much on filling up days. Think I'm filling up too much :(
Does anyone count calories on their feast days? Wonder if it will get better as the novelty of being able to eat anything wears off?
*waves back to skykitty*

OK, first fast done along with 2.5k wander on the treadmill. I've not killed anyone, shouted at anyone or gone through the fridge like a locust and I feel really positive and kinda happy ... this is not normal for me on a 'diet'.

It's almost too easy .. whats the catch?!

I've noticed as well that while thinking about meals for a feed day tomorrow I am not craving fat or carbs. I'm a bit of a simple foodie really and I'd rather get my fill from unprocessed, good quality, homemade food. I thought I'd be wanting gnocchi or something rich but I really fancy a stirfry or tuna steak and salad. I think I might even have breakfast tomorrow :O

Hope everyone has survived and feels OK
Teedoff: I keep a rough track of cals on my off days, I have whatever I fancy but keeping a rough track just keeps me from going mad! I generally have around 2100 cals + or - 100, which together with the 500 on fast days gives an average of about 1700 per day resulting in a good weight loss of about 1kg a week!
Made it through the day - it has been a tough one!

So looking forward to breakfast
so I'm at 520 calories. I have a cup of fresh raspberries as a rather expensive dessert for maybe later or possibly to have with breakfast tomorrow. I'm so full! I had a plate of salad greens, with 2 tsp lowfat dressing, 2.5 oz chicken breast strips and 11 oz (1/2 of a head) of cauliflower that I roasted with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, and lots of seasoned salt and pepper. I may end up skipping those raspberries after all.
Not sure how healthy are but here a link. Cauliflower cheese grills

I also keep track of feed day calories, I use the myfitnesspal app on my phone, not sure its 100% acurate all the time, but makes it a little easier.
Oh wow those look yummy! and sadly for me, unobtainable
I've made something similar before with boiled florets mixed with creme fraiche (just enough to bind it), sprinkle of grated mature cheddar, lots of black pepper and smoosh it a bit with a fork but don't puree it.

Shape it into 'burger' shapes and chill for a bit, dip in beaten egg and then into a mix of breadcrumbs and fine grated parmesan and chuck in the oven or a hot non stick frying pan but don't try to turn them until they've crisped up a bit 'cox they break :shock:

Nice with some chopped spinach, mixed cauli and broccoli or bits of cooked bacon in when you've got the odd rasher lurking in the fridge.

I've got no measurements ... I'm a 'squidge' of this and a handful of that kinda cook ;)

EDIT>>> Sorry for posting this in the 'fasting' section, I should have pm'd it.

DISCLAIMER> Pixie is not being held responsible for people going over their calories with cheddar or bacon :o
I've been fasting today and opted for a ready meal for tea - just eaten for the first time since 9 last night so that's just over 20 hours. Had a lovely Youngs Salmon Crumble - only £1 each at the moment in asda. 327 calories. With 80 g green beans at 21 cals. So still got some snacking room for a few crab sticks before bed. :-)
Another snow day so fasting today so far so good. Watching come dine with me isn't helping lol
Planning on having a WW ready meal later on and lots of green tea.
48 posts Page 3 of 4