The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

73 posts Page 2 of 5
Re: Fasting Monday 4th Feb?
04 Feb 2013, 09:49
Morning fellow fasters.

Fasting today and feeling relieved actually as I've had a rather heavy weekend. :oops: Bottle of wine on Friday (badly needed after a stressful week) and 4 brandy and diet cokes on Saturday at a family party. :shock: I also think I ate my body weight in sugar.

Back on track today and I hope I will at least stay the same in weight this week.

Good luck everyone and it sounds like most of us have over done it. I don't feel so bad now. :lol:

@Moogie - I think I'll do a 4.3 this week too. Monday, wednesday and Friday.

Michelle x
04 Feb 2013, 10:08
Hiya everyone

After a bit of a weird weekend (not food related) I am glad to be fasting today was supposed to be going out for a chinese with friends on Saturday which was cancelled due to birthday girl being ill, we had a lovely meal which I had just dished up, then my other half decided it would be a good idea to smash a glass all over the food lol, hmmm so ended up with toast and a strange film :o

I lost my bank card yesterday and my phone so feeling a bit lost today and hopefully the phone is at home somewhere.

We had Macdonalds yesterday as well so feel a bit bloated. A fellow mum commented that she thought I looked slimmer this morning so that made me smile.

Angela
04 Feb 2013, 10:09
I'm in, too! - and got my OH to try it as well. :)
04 Feb 2013, 10:11
Me too today (& OH). Ate quite lightly yesterday evening (some wine though) so will be interesting to see if that makes the hunger pangs worse later - my theory/hope is the opposite. Like many others I am aiming to keep off all calories until break-fast this evening, so it is black coffee and some mixed green/normal tea until then.
04 Feb 2013, 10:20
Hi everyone, I am fasting today too.

Hungry already though - must be time for another black coffee!

Had a fairly full weekend foodwise, dinner at friends on Saturday night and Ben and Jerrys at the cinema last night! (went to see Flight - a good film if anyone is thinking of seeing it but don't go before you are due to fly anywhere!)

Plan today is a cuppa soup at lunch (51 cals) and then chicken and veg stir fry later with lots of coffee, water and fruit tea to keep me going in between!

Good luck everyone!
04 Feb 2013, 10:27
Fasting here too. So far so good, just enjoyed my cup of tea after doing the mucking out. I work from home so temptation is all around but I do find it hardly affects me on the 5:2 as I am focussed.
Plan for veg soup later then a small omelette with salad tonight. Our chooks are laying well and eggs are so easy they are nearly always my choice on fast days.
04 Feb 2013, 10:28
Hi All

Just laughing at all the weekend indulgence and Wildpasty's strange Sat night made me giggle. :lol: Sounds like my life!

I over-indulged too and drank too much Sat night which I didn't really enjoy (the wine - enjoyed the evening!) and it messed up yesterday as I was hung over. :( I didn't even drink that much. Am thinking of cutting right down on alcohol.

Better get off here, am supposed to be working. Somebody stop me! :roll:
04 Feb 2013, 10:29
Yes me too
Only black coffee so far & planning to eat tonight. I will keep busy with salsacice & ironing. My OH wants steak tonight so only with veg for me.
Good luck to all Monday fasters :D
Isis
04 Feb 2013, 10:30
Fasting Day No.3 - feeling much more positive and less anxious than last week and find this board really helpful to keep spirits up. Thanks to everybody
04 Feb 2013, 10:35
Hi all, its my third fast today and was weirdly looking forward to it last night!
Two cups of herbal tea in and so far so good, zero noodles with prawns and stirfry sauce tonight and low cal soup for lunch.
Have walked dog and have an appointment to keep my mind off food for a bit!
Good luck everyone and have a great one!
04 Feb 2013, 10:55
I'm fasting today! I am technically on a 5:2 regime however i did a 4:3 last week due to 3 blow outs! Anniversary last Thursday (brunch and dinner out :? ), Saturday went out for a friends birthday dinner and yesterday i had not one roast dinner but two!!! :shock: (left overs as a late snack!!!)

I am therefore doing another 4:3 this week in the attempt to beat my friend on the weight loss front - weigh in is in one week :o

SO... 4:3, up the exercise then sit tight and wait until the 11th Feb to see my total loss! Wish me luck!!

Good luck to all the fellow fasters out there - lets do this!
04 Feb 2013, 11:16
Yep, I'm fasting today and because I am in Australia, I am almost finished as its almost 7:30. So of to bed in a couple of hours and ready for a great brekky tomorrow.

My day started this morning when I went for my training session at a park nearby and our trainer surprised us with a fitness test! This included a 2 k run, sprints, push-ups, squats and planks. After dragging my tired body into work. I was really busy until lunch and barely noticed the hunger pangs. I have a small lunch (150 cal) soup and a boiled egg, because my team stop for lunch and all eat together. I need to eat then too otherwise it's too hard. The afternoon sped by and I have just finished fish and salad for dinner! Not too bad at all
04 Feb 2013, 11:42
Yes fasting today. I have had 1 veggie sausage and a 1 egg omelette with 5 cherry tomatoes for breakfast and won't have anything else until about 7 tonight. I'm going to try Zero noodle with my stir fry tonight. Are they good? At only 4 cals per 100g they sound amazing. No work today, so I will keep myself busy walking the dog and doing some painting. :)
04 Feb 2013, 11:57
These zero noodles sound good. Where did you get them and do they taste good?
04 Feb 2013, 12:08
Tell me more about the zero noodles - could be just the thing to bulk up my chicken stir fry later.
73 posts Page 2 of 5