The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

73 posts Page 5 of 5
Re: Fasting Monday 4th Feb?
04 Feb 2013, 20:22
That wasn't too bad. And I've just had my lovely low cal hot chocolate drink. My treat for making it through the day without slipping up. It isn't so hard these days though, as I know I'm eating tomorrow.
04 Feb 2013, 20:45
Just sipping mine too! Nothing like a treat at the end of a fast day. Pip pip.
04 Feb 2013, 21:11
Doing fairly well in the US today. It's 4:09 pm and I'm not hungry. I didn't even want broth when my son came home and ate an afternoon snack that's rather a favorite of mine :-)

I have a gorgeous homemade tex-mex black bean and sausage soup that clocks in at 130 calories per cup, so I can have quite a bit of that if I want tonight. PLUS I have some fresh raspberries and strawberries that were on sale today.
04 Feb 2013, 21:28
Well, I didn't quite manage my entire plate of stir fry tonight, so I didn't feel too bad when the hankering for a hot choc came along half an hour ago and I had myself a teacup of low cal hot choc for 20 cals :)

Was debating doing tomorrow as an extra day following some extreme indulgence for 3 days over the weekend but will see how I feel in the morning. I may just fast until dinner and then have a normal meal as I don't have a quick and easy dinner planned for the hubby otherwise!

Sounds like we've all done well today, congrats!
04 Feb 2013, 21:33
Yay - made it!!

Went for the nothing until dinner approach again... I think this is definitely the best one for me. Prawn stir fry with massess of veg and bean sprouts - stil another 200 cals wriggle room!

Only really dodgy bits were making packed lunch this morning (left over roast pork in sandwich - how hard not to lick fingers???) and then cooking the rest of the family's dinner before my meal - I was beginning to think their dinner would take
f o r e v e r!!!

Pretty active day today - burned 2,800 cals, so I have a good deficit - fingers crossed for weighing tomorrow.

Only had a quick look through the posts today, it's been busy, but it looks like most people had quite a good fast today - go us! :D

(sorry if you had a hard day - odds are the next one will be better)
04 Feb 2013, 21:37
Totally with you on the finger licky issue Allic!
04 Feb 2013, 21:51
allic wrote: Pretty active day today - burned 2,800 cals, so I have a good deficit - fingers crossed for weighing tomorrow.

How have you burnt sooooo much? I rand 4miles and half hour Pilates but only did 570 calories!

Today was a tough one but first day off work so had to occupy myself x
04 Feb 2013, 22:18
Hi Becca - that's my BMR plus activity calories - would really be going some to burn that much in activity :)

Have walked about 8 miles today, plus 2 hours of tennis. Your BMI is much lower than mine, so you are more efficient.

I use a fitbit which I find very motivating to keep moving as much as possible - my husband thinks I'm mad that I sometimes go for a late walk, just to break the 20K steps barrier...
04 Feb 2013, 22:25
Moogie, if it were me, and I wanted to get an extra day of fasting in but had social obligations, I think I'd

Mon fast.
Tues - feed normally until 6:30pm (I'd eat a reasonable dinner early)
Weds fast only until 6:30pm and then eat with friends
Thurs feed
Friday fast

That's what hubby is going to attempt this week, if he isn't obligated to business lunches.
04 Feb 2013, 22:37
Thanks Tracie, unfortunately the social obligations are Friday/Saturday/Sunday so I need to get the extra fasts in before then, otherwise I would do Mon/Wed/Fri. I'll get hubby to double check about Friday for me tomorrow, there's a slim chance his workmate & missus may not be able to make it - but if they do, there'll be cals-a-plenty Friday night!

It's funny, most fast days I wake up the next morning and feel like I could do it again. Tonight the very thought of actually doing it is a bit daunting even knowing that usually I don't want to eat until midday on a feed day anyway! Will just see how it goes I guess.
04 Feb 2013, 23:34
Good luck!! I think pretty much any extra stretch of time you give fasting this week should help, even if it's not a full 24 or a proper fast day
05 Feb 2013, 07:17
Moogie wrote: LynnO - that tea looks lovely! I'll have to try to pop into town and see if our local H&B has them in stock. Does it list how many cals in each on the packet?

0 calories :P
05 Feb 2013, 18:52
rachelb1968 wrote: Tell me more about the zero noodles - could be just the thing to bulk up my chicken stir fry later.

Hi. I got them from Holland and barrett. £1.99 a packet which does about 2 meals, so not cheap! Tried them for the first time on Monday. You have to rinse them first (they don't smell great) and then cook them in boiling water for about 5 minutes. I added them to my stir fry. They did add a bit of extra bulk to the meal but the texture was a bit odd. A bit slimy and not like noodles at all. Not sure I will buy them again, especially at that price. :(
73 posts Page 5 of 5