The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

73 posts Page 3 of 5
Re: Fasting Monday 4th Feb?
04 Feb 2013, 12:21
Hi all! Hubby and I are fasting today - going for nothing until dinner, except a cup of chicken bouillon in the afternoon if we need it. We have a lovely black bean and sausage soup for tonight - 130 cals per cup, so we can eat until we're quite full. Then hubby is flying to Scotland tomorrow, where he'll be all week, so I may do 4:3 without him. I imagine he's going to attempt to try as many scotches as humanly possible, since he's never been to Scotland before, so I don't know how he'll do on the diet ;-)

We had a rather piggy weekend as well. a friend has been taking our son to college basketball games every saturday night, so we went to a charming little restaurant and ate a fantastic charcouterie plate with a bottle of cotes de rhone. I was quite suprised to be full after that, and ended up taking only two bites of my dinner before asking the server to please pack it up to take home.

I have a nice warm mug of blueberry tea waiting for me now :-)
04 Feb 2013, 12:22
Ditto on the zero noodles, full details of where from, name, price etc please! Just downed a mug of veg bouillon, delicious and filling and satisfying. Have discovered several female family members now doing this diet too, it's popularity grows. My BMI is now 26.8 and I'd really like to get to 24 soonest.
Hello! I'm fasting today!
04 Feb 2013, 12:24
Hello,

I'm a newbie to this way of eating. I bought the book last Wednesday, read it on Thursday and had my first fasting day on Friday!

Second fasting day today. Really hoping I don't get the terrible headache I had on Friday :( I'm chain-drinking herbal tea to try and help. So far so good, it's midday and no sign of the headache.

Lovely to find this site and to find you all! I've been dieting all my life (always putting the weight straight back on) and hated going to weekly weigh-ins but this seems quite straightforward so fingers crossed. It is sooo nice to not have to count calories or restrict every day which was always so hard.

Looking forward to my roast veg and fish for supper - yum.
04 Feb 2013, 12:47
Hi again
I had 2 scrambled eggs & 1/2 tin tomatoes for breakfast (again) and am on fruit teas until a salmon & veg stir fry for dinner tonight.
Feeling a little hungry as colleague just brought her leftover shepherds pie into office to eat! Also about to meet a friend in M&S for a coffee which will be quite a test for me as I love their skinny lattes!!
Wish me luck and catch up with you all later.
Amanda
04 Feb 2013, 12:49
I believe the zero noodles can be found at asian markets called "shirataki." http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10 ... 08189.html
04 Feb 2013, 12:53
Hi all,
I'm fasting today too, and after eating bucket loads of sugar late last night am struggling today - In future I will be avoiding late night sugar before fasts because this feels like my hardest yet (11th fast) and I am really finding it difficult!
It does make things easier to come on here and remember im not alone today though so thanks for posting all and good luck!
Mel
04 Feb 2013, 12:58
My tummy is saying groooaaaoooo ;) Gonna enjoy dinner tonight :)
04 Feb 2013, 13:14
Keep going everyone, we can do it! I'm feeling better already after my 'naughty' weekend. Drinking lots of water and just nipping to the shops to find that blueberry tea; sounds yummy. x
04 Feb 2013, 13:16
3rd day fasting, feeling good, no hunger yet, just about to have a cup of soup for lunch. Actually, have those zero noodles planned for dinner tonight. Got them in Holland & Barrett, they also do a slim rice, which is 6kcal per 100g. They help bulk out a stirfry!! Evenings are the hardest, always crave sugar so hoping to do a yoga class later to keep myself out of kitchen. Also the sugar free jelly is a good one to have on standby, if the desire for a treat gets too much.
04 Feb 2013, 13:33
Hiya,

Just thought I would mention that I have now taken up crochet again in the evenings which helps with my cravings as my fingers are busy, so if all else fails, at least I shall have skinny fingers :)
04 Feb 2013, 14:20
Thanks for those positive words Shell. Yes we can all do this.

I've survived coffee in M&S. I had a black coffee and gave the complimentary biscuit to my friend so pleased with myself :lol:

Here's to a good afternoon at my desk and for all fellow fasters.
Amanda
04 Feb 2013, 14:25
Also my first time today!

I've spread it over the day, but actually wondering if i feel more hungry because i'm having bits but no enough? So may try just one calorie hit on my next fast day.
I've had a handful of grapes for Brekkie, Slice of ham with small pot of salad for lunch, a 'shape' yoghurt.
Dinner is 1 grilled and de-fatted pork loin steak with veg.

That all seems alot compared to others but comes in under 500 cals?
04 Feb 2013, 14:31
Me too.So far so good but I know I will hit trouble around 4 ish so have the fruit tea ready.....
04 Feb 2013, 14:37
Oh my goodness - my first fast day
I am so used to eating every three hours as per other healthy eating guides/programs and as per other posts I always found that, the more frequently I ate the more I thought about food and was always eating. So on my first fast day I decided to try and go through the day and have my 500 cals for my evening meal, although my main meal is approximately 170cals so I have calorie credit for fruit/yogurt nuts or seeds, however by 11am I was thinking of food, so at 12:30 I had a cup of soup (125 cals) which still leaves with enough room for my main meal of and some fruit. Tonight I am having Scallops served with minted peas.. :P
04 Feb 2013, 14:58
Well we are all doing well today :-) have only had 100mls skimmed milk and 3oz of apple so far and it's 3pm My other half is doing his first day today bless he is finding it hard going I don't think he has felt hungry in years lol
73 posts Page 3 of 5