The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

73 posts Page 1 of 5
Fasting Monday 4th Feb?
04 Feb 2013, 08:05
Good luck to everyone on today's fast, me included. :shock:
Re: Fasting Monday 4th Feb?
04 Feb 2013, 08:20
Good luck.
I'mfasting but on annual leave so need to keep busy. Got so much lined up for fast days this week x
04 Feb 2013, 08:28
Me too. Experimenting with saving all my cals for tonight. In the office today, with a lengthy commute, so will see how it goes.

Good luck all.
04 Feb 2013, 08:48
Morning! This is my fourth week :) I often find that if I do something for four weeks I'm more likely to stick to it so it's looking positive. Who'd've thought that not eating food could be so enjoyable? And apparently a friend of my housemate has already noticed that I might've lost some... it's still early days and it still feels like a very delicate loss.. it feels like if I make a sudden movement I'll some how scare the weight loss away and put it back on again. Mainly because it doesn't feel like this diet is much effort. The only annoying thing is when it gets to feed time having to way everything to the nearest gram,but maybe if I stick to the same meals I won't have to worry about that too much?

Yep, keeping busy is the key and stay away from people eating at lunch time!
04 Feb 2013, 08:52
Hi fasting today as well started last Wednesday and was frighteningly not too bad :-) trying to fast Mondays and Wednesdays as seem best days with my lifestyle time will tell ! Encouraged by finding his site and support Thanks and a good day to all
04 Feb 2013, 08:53
Yep, I'm in - fasting today.

Had a very small breakfast as I felt I needed it today. That's me until teatime. Will be busy working so bring on the fruit tea.

Good luck everyone! :D
04 Feb 2013, 08:56
Fast day for me too, and the first time I'm saving my cals for just the one meal tonight!...here's hoping :?
04 Feb 2013, 08:59
Lord my tummy rumbling already, far too early, usually happens around 4pm! Must get busy ...
04 Feb 2013, 09:05
Fast day here as well. It's my 4th fast day.
Late breakfast then miso lunchtime and steamed fish tonight.
Good luck to all our fellow fasters.
04 Feb 2013, 09:20
Hi, I'm fasting today. Got some leek and potato soup planned for lunch and a quorn ready meal for tea. Trying the meals split today as was getting very headachey in the afternoon and Lots of rushing around taking kids to swimming lessons and stuff on a mon aft. Only lost a pound last week but if I can reliably lose a pound a week I would be happy. Here's hoping!
04 Feb 2013, 09:28
Fasting today, second week, good weight loss last week of three pounds. Micheal and Mimi's book just arrived in post to give me added encouragement. Bit hungry but have a positive attitude even dare I say it, excited! not my usual dieting outlook. :D
04 Feb 2013, 09:30
Present! I had my dinner at 6pm last night so if I do a full 24hours Dinner will be at 6pm tonight then I'll have a lentil/chicken soup. Got to calculate calories not to go over those 500cal. Feeling great. Having my weak black coffee. No tummy ache this week end because I made sure I didn't go over 2000cal :)
04 Feb 2013, 09:38
Morning all! It's been a bit of an indulgent weekend for me - a night in with the girls on Friday (lots of junk food, and chips for dinner!) and then another friend's birthday meal on Saturday night. Lovely roast yesterday followed by a small pot of Ben & Jerrys... oops! Didn't really eat any meals in the day though, just grazed on stuff as wasn't very hungry.

Fasting today, and good thing too after all that! Am thinking about chucking in an extra day this week, but due to other comittments it would mean doing two consecutive days. I guess it can't hurt once in a while so I may do Mon/Tue and Thu this week.

Tonight's dinner is a new one, for a change. I used to do a chicken & veg stirfry for 250 cals when I was doing lunches & dinners. Tonight I'm having a stir fry with almost all my cals - including rice noodles and a packet of sauce. Tesco accidentally sent me two bags of stirfry veg (different ones) and I guess I'll have the other tomorrow with pork & a different sauce.

So tonight it's chicken & veg stirfry with rice noodles & a hoisin sauce, yum! Tomorrow maybe pork & veg stirfry with rice noodles & chow mein sauce. Yum!

Time to go grab a nice fresh pint of water meanwhile...

Good luck to all my fellow fasters today!
04 Feb 2013, 09:39
Hi all
I think today isn't 4th fast day also. Looking forward to some control as 'lost it' somewhat over the weekend - too much alcohol Saturday which caused the chocolate nibbles :(
Trying not to beat myself up about it and look forward not back. In theory it shouldn't matter on non-fast days but it got me down this weekend...
So here's to a fab fast day.
Amanda
04 Feb 2013, 09:45
Hello Everybody!
Starting my second week. I was looking forward to my fasting day today :? (call me crazy).
For some reason I feel more energised on fasting days and I get more stuff done.

So far, only coffee.
Planning on having my usual miso soup with 2 rice crackers at lunch time.

Good luck to all of you
73 posts Page 1 of 5