The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

73 posts Page 4 of 5
Re: Fasting Monday 4th Feb?
04 Feb 2013, 15:11
I'm saving myself for one meal later, and I'm feeling better than when I've normlly eaten at lunch time on previous fast days,
I've had plenty of herbal teas including my newest fave...http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/ ... rodid=2956

This is lovely, spicey with a hint of choc :P
04 Feb 2013, 16:32
Linds82 - I am much much much hungrier if I eat during the day. I now save my calories for a lovely dinner. I often have a 10 calorie cup of bouillon in the afternoon with my son as he has his after school snack, but that's it, other than black coffee, herbal tea and water.

For me, it's so much easier and I don't get hungry :-)
04 Feb 2013, 16:35
my plan was going so well until I went round to A&E at 6am to get an infected cat scratch checked out and the antibiotics have to be taken with food! So porridge for breakfast, then tea now with another tablet, supper at work will be soup or something, and a breakfast of porridge tomorrow for next tablet, then I'll be needed a tea and a supper to take the other 2 tablets tomorrow! Ho hum!
04 Feb 2013, 16:43
Well done everyone for getting so far into the day!

I had to go out this afternoon to an unexpected work meeting which was good as it took my mind off food and my body away from the temptations of the kitchen!

Have just had my cuppa soup so far and looking forward to chicken stir fry at about 6.
04 Feb 2013, 16:51
A friend of mine popped over on my 'lunch' break today and bless her, she brought me a 70 cal Alpen choc & fudge cereal bar as a treat because she knew I was fasting! As I won't have any cals in the day I'm saving it for later if I have enough cals spare after dinner :)

Everyone seems to be doing well today - is the sun shining where all of you are? It started off a bit dim here but has been bright much of the day since. I think that helps!

LynnO - that tea looks lovely! I'll have to try to pop into town and see if our local H&B has them in stock. Does it list how many cals in each on the packet?
04 Feb 2013, 17:21
So looking at how the fast days work, if I start from getting up which was 3.30pm, and end when I go to bed tomorrow about 9am?? Then when I get up Tuesday afternoon at 3.30 it will be a feed day again??

The perils of working nights!
04 Feb 2013, 17:42
That sounds about right to me, basically wake up on your fast day (whatever time that may be!), consume no more than 500 cals, go to bed (whatever time that may be!) and eat as normal when you wake up.

It will be interesting to see how it goes for you, whether there's any difference in result for people with a different waking pattern?
04 Feb 2013, 17:57
On my second fasting day of this week!

I usually do Sundays and Tuesdays but stomach was a bit achey this morning, so I decided another fast day would probably be better than eating too much today.

Surprisingly, two days in a row haven't been too bad at all and I only really felt hungry towards 4pm (I do lunch and dinner on my fast days). Having just eaten my evening meal of steak and veggies, I've still got about 70 calories left and getting through till morning should be manageable (although after an annoying day at work I could've downed a glass of wine!).

And...my stomach feels a lot better this evening!
04 Feb 2013, 17:59
After another outrageously over-indulgent weekend, at lunch-time today I felt quite close to jacking in week three of the fasting plan and having something tasty to eat instead. But fortunately I resisted by distracting myself with a work email - and it turned out that the temptation only lasted for ten or fifteen minutes, after which I was quite happy to be fasting again! Just think, I could have given it all up for the sake of just a few minutes of vague gastronomic yearnings that turned out to be very temporary and not very strong! So that turned out OK. :-)

I'll have my evening soup in the next half hour or so, then that's it until lunch tomorrow. I rather like knowing that it's vegetable soup on the menu and nothing else, because it means that I don't have to think about what I actually want to eat. I have a different homemade soup each fast day, so it's more varied than it sounds, but it certainly removes a lot of temptation. Instead of debating whether I want salmon or cod, or whether the the extra calories in salmon merit having to make sacrifices elsewhere in the menu, or whether there's scope in the calorie total for a banana for afters, I just go to the fridge, grab whichever vegetables I fancy and make soup out of them. Simplicity itself.

Hope you're all having a good day.
04 Feb 2013, 18:58
Today's gone really well. Other than 1 tea and 1 coffee with milk, I've had nothing since supper last night around 6.00pm. Just sitting down to an M&S count on us meal - yum. I didnt feel properly hungry till the train journey home tonight, and I put in a good days work, so I'm really happy to stick with doing my fast days on days I go into the office.

Hope its going well for everyone else too
04 Feb 2013, 19:32
Hello,

I have also been fasting today (second day), I had my breakfast - Egg white omelette with broccolli and tabasco, then a cup of chicken bouillion at lunch and have just finished a haddock portion with huge amounts of cabbage, green beans, baby sweetcorn and mange tout! After feeling like I might eat my desk at work this afternoon, I now feel great! Hopefully the rest of the night will go easily. I still have 50 calories for a slice of ham if I get the nibbles!

Who knew 500 calories could go so far!

Vx
04 Feb 2013, 19:33
Well done everyone who has completed their fast today, including me. I have just had supper & I have allowed myself enough calories for a small glass of milk before bed in the hope I might sleep better. My sleep last fast night was not good so today I also had a last coffee at 3-00pm to not increase my caffeine intake today.
Hope you all sleep well.
Isis :)
04 Feb 2013, 19:52
Yep, I've been fasting today too. Only fruit tea has passed my lips since dinner last night - well, apart from toothpaste, but you know what I mean! :lol:

Currently waiting for hubby to get home so that we can eat our M&S ready meals together, although I'm getting so hungry now that the cat's tea looked quite tasty! (Is that wrong? :oops: )
04 Feb 2013, 19:53
Made it! Just had a small piece of salmon with steamed veg with ginger and spring onion.
The day went well, only had a rumble when having my eyes tested! Good job I had a bottle of water with me.
04 Feb 2013, 20:01
I feel I've made it too! Early to bed I think and up with the larks as I have b&b guests to breakfast at 7am. Then I'll have my horses to see to. My own breakfast will definitely be a treat by then.
73 posts Page 4 of 5