The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

77 posts Page 5 of 6
Re: Fasting today 7th Feb
07 Feb 2013, 19:15
My second fast. Just had dinner - chicken breast, tons od savoy cabbage with carrots and loads of beetroot salad. 300 cals. I have saved all calories for dinner but couldn't even manage all 500.
Anyone else noticed that calories calculators give different values for the same food? Checked several for 120g of skinless chicken breast and got anything from 115cal to 200cal. ?!?!?!?
Decided to go with the 115cal :)
07 Feb 2013, 19:38
I've gone over :-( What a let down!!! 3 days before my big weigh in :cry:

I've had just under 700 calories - i had a bit of garlic bread at dinner... it was sat there winking at me, calling my name...

How will this affect the fast day overall? Shall i go under tomorrow or have i just ruined everything?
07 Feb 2013, 19:44
it's not a 1000 cals over, is it? As you say, you could easily eat 100 cals less tomorrow. I'm not even sure cal count isn't +/- 100 cals...
07 Feb 2013, 20:06
No, i had 700 instead of 500 :-( I've just burned 100cal doing some exercise but not sure that helps as the fasting is a little more technical than that!!

I was bored at work as it was too quiet so wasn't distracted enough to take my mind off things!
07 Feb 2013, 20:09
I'm sure you will be fine. My approach is to not get too hung up on calories. I mostly have an idea of how many in the kind of food I eat so usually have small simple meals on a fast day. It may not be totally correct but seems to work for me. Eggs are a good standby aren't they?
07 Feb 2013, 20:14
I'm with Gill on this, it's a long-haul, the odd minor deviation will be statistically insignificant over the long-term. Just so long as it's not the thin edge of the wedge...
07 Feb 2013, 20:18
If i wasn't competing with my friend with our final weigh in only being on Monday i wouldn't get so hung up about it... I will eat 100 less tomorrow and do a good workout - that'll make me feel better! I'm going out Saturday night so will do lots of dancing too!! :-D Sunday will be a fast day so hopefully i will weigh a LOT less for my weigh in... that's the plan anyway!! Eek...
07 Feb 2013, 20:30
ah, competition...

You could always have another fast day and cheat!
07 Feb 2013, 20:36
Fasting here today too. I don't know why, but I always seem to find Thursdays easier than Mondays for some reason!

Just fruit tea and light Ribena for me today until the M&S Fuller Longer Beef Stew we just had. I think it was the yummiest of that range that we've had so far. :D

Anyway, onwards and downwards. Weigh-in in the morning. :)
07 Feb 2013, 20:38
Today was an absolute wash-out for me. I'm going to try again tomorrow.
07 Feb 2013, 20:46
Oh don't worry about that, I'm on a 4:3 this week!! ;-)
07 Feb 2013, 21:01
Despite being worried about today's fast, it went really well. I ate nothing until 4pm and then I had a low cal cupasoup. Had my main meal at 7, quorn fillets and roasted veg plus a special K bar and a low cal hot choc with half milk half water which came to just over 500 cals. Very happy as I really didn't feel hungry. Hoping to lose a pound this week but as it's the second week for me I won't be surprised if i stay the same.
07 Feb 2013, 21:05
Most of us seem to have had a good day today. I had nothing until a cuppa soup at half 1 and then when it came to dinner time wasn't sure what I really fancied so had a bowl of cereal! Helped that other half is ill so didn't want any dinner! Just had a game of badminton and feel great.

Planning a treat for dinner tomorrow though - probably a chinese!
07 Feb 2013, 21:44
Saved all my calories for tea tonight and had such a scrummy veg moussaka from m and s with stuffed mushrooms. It was so delicious and so filling and not even a diet one. Think it will be a regular fast day tea, been a pretty good day really and now time to get my weekend vibe going. Half term next week which might be a trial, we shall see. Weigh in tomorrow but have really pigged this week and had take out twice so I will be very surprised if its good news.
07 Feb 2013, 21:48
Well it's 5pm/1700 and I've had nothing but black coffee or water, and one cup of bouillon. I'm starting to get hungry and looking forward to a huge salad and a bit of soup at a friend's restaurant tonight. We've just learned hubby is stuck in Edinburgh for two days because of the blizzards we're going to get tomorrow, and while I miss him, I'm super happy he gets to see the city for a couple of days. His meetings were a bit far out in teh country and he really hadn't had a chance to see anything.
77 posts Page 5 of 6