The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

77 posts Page 4 of 6
Re: Fasting today 7th Feb
07 Feb 2013, 15:18
Just read that and poured the rest of my Diet Coke away, I think its the artificial sweeteners, more fruit tea for me
07 Feb 2013, 15:43
It's the artificial sweeteners. They tell the brain - get ready, calories are coming! I taste sweet! then when the calories don't hit your bloodstream, your body revolts a bit and demands the calories it was expecting.

Sparkling water is fine. I add a little squeeze of lemon juice or lime juice to mine, or I buy one with essence already in it.
07 Feb 2013, 15:53
Just realised that my planned menu for today is 85 calories short! Woop! Off to look for a snack...
07 Feb 2013, 16:58
Fast day 6 (5:2 week 3, fast 2), and all is fine apart from a splitting headache which came on this morning so is definitely not fast-related and probably more like eye-strain. Tonight's vegetable soup is cooking as I type this, smelling tantalisingly gorgeoous, and I can't wait to eat it. I'm absolutely starving!

Other people seem to be finding that they are less hungry than usual on non-fast days. Not me, I'm afraid. I'm just as hungry/greedy/peckish as ever, but still hoping for a miracle to settle things down now that I am just finishing my third week's fast days.

I'm toying with the idea of giving up alcohol during the week, because it's too easy to sit drinking glass after glass of wine in the evening on non-fast days, and I don't think it will do my results much good. Actually, the traditional fasting period of Lent is coming up next week, so I might use that as an excuse and give up alcohol until Easter. Or could I be bothered? Hm, decisions :-)

Hope you're all having a good day.
07 Feb 2013, 17:13
I'm hungry today! Relented and ate a satsuma at 3 pm.
07 Feb 2013, 17:19
Fast day today for me.

Banana, cup of orange juice and 1 slice of brown bread toast for breakfast.

Black decaf coffee all day.

Salmon with broccoli and salad for dinner.

593 calories. Roll on Friday :roll:
07 Feb 2013, 17:22
Hi Ember

I'm the same - as hungry on feed days as I am on fast days - hoping for this appetite reduction effect to cut in sometime soon.

Not been too bad today - looking forward to dinner tonight, when get off the train.
07 Feb 2013, 17:42
My sixth fast day has been real easy. But, so far I've found the day after the fast to be the hardest, basically feeling pretty rough. So tomorrow I plan on having a larger blow-out breakfast ;-)

The best thing about today was that I completely forgot that it was a fast day! I am also finding that I'm concentrating better in work on the fast days. I just got totally lost in what I was doing which was nice. But I went for a walk during afternoon 'coffee break' and started changing my route to pop into the corner shop for a Snickers bar... I'd walked about 200 yards off towards the shop when I finally remembered it was a fast day, so did a quick U-turn and headed back to the office :-)
07 Feb 2013, 17:43
Happy now, had veggie chilli and sauteed potatoes for tea.
07 Feb 2013, 17:52
Getting hungry now, no food for 24 hours....but another fast day nearly over and 3 days of normality approaching. No headaches, not even tummy rumbles. Just hope I can sleep OK tonight as that seems to be a prolem after a fast day for me. Hope the day has gone well for all you other Thursday fasters!
07 Feb 2013, 18:05
Fast day for me too. Just had my dinner, my only food of the day, and I feel much better. I wouldn't say I've been hungry today but I've had lots of cravings for sweet stuff. Never mind I'm meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow and I will have cake| My friend has lost 4 stone since the Horizon programme in August.
07 Feb 2013, 18:21
5th fast day for me today and definitely the easiest so far. I had a slice of toast and a poached egg for breakfast (06:15) with a black coffee. Several black coffees and glasses of water throughout the day, together with a couple of fruit teas. Am about to prepare my meal of tiny tin of tuna with some microwaveable veg and am thoroughly looking forward to it. Feeling very upbeat about the 5:2 and looking forward to eating whatever I want for the following couple of days.

I find some of the posts on this forum help me maintain my determination and for that I thank you x
07 Feb 2013, 18:53
I'm still on the horse tablets for the cat scratch, so having to have 3 food sessions per day, so porridge for breakfast 155cals, low cal cuppa soup for lunch then forgot to have the horse tablet so ended up having to have 2 tomatoes to take it with! Then a chicken salad with a slice of brown bread and a bit of mayo, all under the 500 cal mark! Lots of black tea, not an issue for me as I cant stand milk!
07 Feb 2013, 18:54
Second fast day for me. I tried saving all the calories for the evening meal, just now, and that seemed to be fine. I even had an hour in the gym this afternoon (still getting used to retirement so that sort of thing is great). Had a Sainsbury's luxury fish pie and a great mound of lovely steamed shredded cabbage and peas just now. Nom. :)
07 Feb 2013, 18:55
Was getting grumpy there, hurray for dinner time! Veggie sushi was delicious, and really felt like a treat :D
Hope everyone's doing well, nearly there now
77 posts Page 4 of 6