The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

77 posts Page 1 of 6
Fasting today 7th Feb
07 Feb 2013, 07:06
My 4th fast day today too - good luck! I'm not eating breakfast or lunch (I find it easier to do not eat in the day), but keeping busy and it shouldn't be too difficult to get through until this evening. I'm also going for a 5km run after dropping the children off at school and before work. Exercising on a fast days doesn't have any adverse effects, or increase the appetite.
Stick with it and good luck - I've lost 2kgs since I started 10 days ago:)
Re: Fasting tomorrow
07 Feb 2013, 07:44
Hi, I'm fasting today as well and it is also my 4th fast. Lat week was fine but on Monday I could of eaten a scabby horse, (no I don't eat processed burgers!) so I am a bit worried about today. Still I got through Monday and today will also pass. Good luck!
07 Feb 2013, 08:04
Hi, I'm fasting today - it will be the first time I've done 2 consecutive days so I'm interested to see how I manage. I have to do the weekly food shop today (snow forecast for tomorrow!) so that will keep me busy - its about a 40-60km round trip depending on where we go. I have found it suits me best to just have one meal, in the evening, with hot drinks throughout the day (counting a splash of milk for my 2 cups of tea). Gook luck to all.
07 Feb 2013, 08:16
Yeah fellow Thursday fasters.

Well it's my second day.

But what I think is that it's only a day without food, then remember oh blimey I can have like 600 calories wow that's totally like NOT have no food, it's shed loads! 2 tins of Minted Lamb Soup and a tangerine, a feast!

Plus as this is my first week, and one of my rules was stopping drinking the day before the fast and the day of the fast means that on Friday night, I can have some cider and some wine!!!! This stops me getting depressed about the whole thing, as I am a man who likes a drink, but it will be 4 days with nothing, which for someone who can consume 8 pints of cider a night, or a couple of bottles of wine, this makes a huge difference to me managing both my issues with my weight and my excessive drinking!

Not that I would recommend nurturing a drinking problem to make fasting easier!
07 Feb 2013, 08:18
Good luck fellow Thursday fasters today x
Re: Fasting today 7th Feb
07 Feb 2013, 08:18
I'm fasting today but don't really have a plan. Not remotely hungry as had takeout curry last night. Am suspecting not a huge loss for me this week if any as have been awful on other days but we shall see. Think I will try not to eat until tonight if I can.
07 Feb 2013, 08:30
I'm fasting today, but unfortunately, I ate a chocolate bar for breakfast. It was pre-coffee, so I wasn't awake enough to realise what was going on until I'd already eaten it. So, I'm going to have to adjust my meals later on today to compensate.
07 Feb 2013, 08:36
Morning All, I am fasting today - also my 4th fast. Had dinner at about 7 last night and nothing since, had a lie in this morning (the perks of working from home!) so am just on first black coffee now.

Will have some soup for lunch and then not sure about dinner - need to see what I can find in the fridge or pop to the shop!

Have a good day everyone.
07 Feb 2013, 08:37
Me too.

Hunger pangs woke me at 5.30 this morning, despite a healthy low carb dinner last night, so it'll be an interesting day!

Good luck all
07 Feb 2013, 08:40
I'm fasting today (think it's my fourth week, but lost track now!) Really hope the weight will start dropping dramatically soon, as it's really dangerous on a diet (or WOE!) when you can't see obvious results for a few weeks, (ie risk of giving up). Oh well, will go on long walk later to keep my morale up.
07 Feb 2013, 08:44
Hi Brocky

Hope today goes well. If you still don't see any loss, get in touch with your details and we'll see if we can work out why.
07 Feb 2013, 08:48
This is my second fast day and I have just had breakfast of 110 calories. I would find it too difficult to go all day without eating so I will have some homemade vegetable soup at lunchtime and a small piece of steamed salmon with lots of veg this evening. On Monday, my first fast, I found late afternoon the most difficult time but was surprised that the hunger pangs passed when I didn't give in to them 8-) I will make sure I am busy round that time today.
Good luck to all Thursday fellow fasters
07 Feb 2013, 09:09
My 2nd Fast day, the first one on Tuesday went well, so I'm sticking to the same pattern - 100 calories worth of fruit late morning when I can't hold out any longer (you get a lot of strawberries for that), 100 calories of home made vegetable soup, for lunch and tuna and prawn salad tonight. Washed down with gallons of fruit tea.
The only unpleasant side effect I had on my 1st Fast day was feeling cold in the evening (which I solved by going to bed)
Since then I have felt hugely energetic and didn't dash to get food when I started to feel hungry on my Feast day
07 Feb 2013, 09:15
I'm fasting today. Working from home - tucked up in bed! - bliss! Found I actually enjoyed rather than tolerated my mug of black tea this morning. So much so I might go down and make another. Good luck to everyone today.
07 Feb 2013, 09:33
Today is my first fast day

Weighed myself this morning and measured my waist. Not pleasant results :lol:

So far a mug of coffee with a spot of milk, not felt hungry yet
77 posts Page 1 of 6