The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 78 of 96
Previous 1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
21 Sep 2014, 13:17
HI @juliewil10. Make sure you up your fat intake. Good fats like butter, coconut oil and EFA's from veggies such as avo's and also oily fish.
21 Sep 2014, 19:01
Thanks All. Have already replaced all butter substitutes with real butter. Not fond of the taste of coconut so have tried but not doing often. Love avocado and live in a big growing area, usually get buckets for free. Those of yiu wjo live somewhere you have to always buy them would cry to see jow profligate we are with them and how they are sometimes thrown out or used as stock feed! Have cut out breakfast as 16/8 mostly so doing that as well. Good advice about going easy, dont want to crash and burn.......
21 Sep 2014, 21:24
Hay folks,
Well, I did a week of low carbing....sort of, and here is my report!

Monday to Thursday were under 40g carbs each day. I ate my full tdees each day, except for fast days (mon&wed). By day two I posted here saying I was hungry. That hunger didnt go and I was hungry for the week, despite all the butter, coconut oil, cheese etc. Friday, I went for a run before dinner and came home to the "normal" pizza for the family wafting delicious smells at me, so I caved in and had 1 slice...in 4 bites! This pushed me into 83g. By the weekend I was fed up and actually very down, mentally. On Saturday I ended up eating 150g (mostly because hubby baked apple cake) and today, Sunday, I didnt count anything until just now. I thought I pigged out, but I was 180g.

During the week, I was very tired. I found exercise difficult and even turned back less than half way into my friday run. My body strength training was poor and I could not do as much as the week before.

The negs outlined above may not be entirely due to low carbs though. My kids were sick, so I had poor sleep most nights. My hydration wasnt as good as usual. And I have PMT.

On the plus side, after 24 years of being a veggie (but now omni for a year) I only discovered the joys of celeriac this week. I had it as oven chips and mash. Very satisfying and tastier than regular spud. (My Irish ancestors are turning!) The fats and protein can make low carbing seem luxurious at times. Greek yogurt with seeds and blueberries is lush.

I officially weigh Mondays and its still Sunday here, but I can give you a sneek preview! On Thursday last I had 3lbs down and saw 137lbs-my lowest weight in about 15years. But, alas, that was back on by this morning. That might be hormones though. *she says, hoping that all her efforts were not in vain*! I think I will give low carbing a go again this week, but try to aim for a more reasonable 100g of carbs.
22 Sep 2014, 10:13
Goodday All
May I join this tent please. Have decided that now that I am used to intermittent fasting (in the 4:3 tent) and finding fast days easier and easier I need to do something about my feed days that are way overloaded with carbs. So will be low carbing on feed days and have read all the threads and have gotten some amazing ideas on how to do this and am quite excited to see how it affects my weight loss and appetite the day after.
22 Sep 2014, 12:22
@scubachick Yes I'm with you on the celeriac I now prefer to the boring spuds of today no matter which sort I try!!!!
From a veg avoider all my life ( almost a hater) I also prefer the courgette spaghetti to the real thing an amazing fact coming from me, cauliflower rice OK , and cauli base pizza on the horizon too try celeriac crisps another good idea from @ssure will do both after my holiday deffo. :heart:

Welcome @skinnyli join in all the fun there's lots of tips for our substitutes great ideas from theses lovely people.
22 Sep 2014, 22:59
OMG! The cauliflower pizza was amazing. :pizza:
I used lavenderandlovage recipe. It was 10 times yummier than the gluten free pizzas I tried to make with weird flours. I made extras and froze for next time the family orders in normal pizza. My big tip us only make then into small individual pizzas that you can cut into 4 pieces ( say 15cms across) it would be to hard to make 1 big one I think then hard to pick up the pieces.
Its a bit of faffing about but so worth it if you miss pizza @Sue.QI didn't realize that I already had a cauliflower in the fridge and bought another one so I think I'll make up just the cooked bases and freeze individually.
Xxx
22 Sep 2014, 23:23
I am making pizza tomorrow and if I can find some frozen cauliflower I will try that crust! Freezing individual crusts is a good idea. Do you freeze it before or after baking?
23 Sep 2014, 02:02
Hi @Tammae , I would freeze after baking with cauliflower crusts as they are much easier to handle than the crumbly raw mixture. With normal wheat dough I would freeze the raw dough. Just flash freeze them. That is put anything you want to freeze on a flat baking tray lined with bake/parchment paper in the freezer for about 4 hours or till frozen. Then just throw them in a zip lock bag.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Xxx Julianna
23 Sep 2014, 02:08
Thank you & I will try them.
23 Sep 2014, 10:29
@julianna
So glad it turned out good or even better than good :like:
I'm using my cauli for rice tonight and as there's only me that eats pizza I'll deffo do that after my hols, good idea to freeze the bases especially when only for one person.mmmmmmmmmmm
Many thanks I'll do the L&L version too.
:heart: :heart: Sue

OMG!
just realised I've not eaten pizza at all in about 18months!!!!!
23 Sep 2014, 11:29
Hi all
I'm back in here for three weeks whilst at work again and am keen to focus on keeping my sugar consumption down too. I have had too many carbs over the last week and now have to knuckle down before the December challenge starts.
Glad to see you are still firing on all cylinders SueQ! And I know how you feel scubachick as I had the same experiences with very low carb.
Debs
23 Sep 2014, 19:58
Welcome back @Debs You just start slowly the small steps always lead to bigger ones.
I'm still here whittling some small amount now and then but my challenge goal is looking very doubtful but I'm off on my hols at the weekend so the xmas goalposts will be even wider upon my return, ive just had cauliflower rice with chickn chasseur plus extra veggies to fill me up that fact alone us massive for me because I've come close to hating veg all my life but I'm feeling very full up right now and providing I put a spicy sauce with theses "new" meals I quite enjoy trying them, keep my little corner safe and tidy for me Debs. :heart:
23 Sep 2014, 20:30
Hi all.

May I re join the tent please?

I think I have a sugar addiction! No problems with starches but I crave sweets and chocolate. Have been in a low mood and no motivation. Can I come back please??!!

Alex
23 Sep 2014, 20:38
@alexsid Where have you been?
Welcome back we've got to keep this tent updated and ready for
@Auriga to return to when her new home will "allow" her to return, ooh the sugar/chock craving monster he keeps knocking on my door far to much lately. :heart:
23 Sep 2014, 20:54
Thank you Sue. I just got lazy and de motivated. Keep up the good work and lovely to hear from you. I will try a fast day tomorrow.

Thank you again.

Alex
Previous 1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 78 of 96