The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 87 of 96
Previous 1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
25 Oct 2014, 08:13
Thanks @rawkaren, I'm following the atkin's fat fast which is 1000 calories a day at around 90% of fat but just for 2 days. I eat up to ( or more than :grin: my tdee on the other 4 days. Do you think I should aim for 1000 instead of the 8-900 cals on my fat fast days? Even though I'm weighing food and MFP ing I thought that would allow for any over estimations of calories. I seems like you are eating to your tdee with a high fat % in an ongoing way. Is that right? I am thinking of just doing it every wed and Thursday ongoing ( with a normal Monday 500 cal fast).I suppose in a way its a modified 4.3.
25 Oct 2014, 10:03
Thank you Julianna, it is great to see that you have done so well and found it so easy. I love macadamias so it is a real treat for me! I am doing it again for a few days and have stocked up on double cream, pate and macadamias which are very filling and satisfying. I shall try and keep between 1000 and 1200 calories a day with scrambled eggs for breakfast, avocado and chicken for lunch with mayonnaise and a small chocolate pot. And magnesium tablets for good measure!!
25 Oct 2014, 17:30
@Julianna. Apology did not realise it was only for two days and I can see you are doing it in lieu of fasting. I'm sure this will be fine. I was just worried you were cutting back on a longer term basis.
25 Oct 2014, 17:38
I just have to say I think low-carb is definitely the way forward - I'm definitely losing more weight (1.5 stone in 3 months) since becoming more carb-conscious!

:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:
25 Oct 2014, 22:31
That's a wonderful loss @madcatlady! :like: :victory: yes I think low carb is the way to go too. I don't miss bread, potatoes. If I have a curry I still have about 1/3 cup of rice but that's only once in a while. The only high carb thing i have is pizza.We always have either home made or good quality take away pizza on Saturday night - I had 2 pieces last night and just had 2 for brekky :razz: and it was soooo good. Its easy too limit white carbs and processed man made foods when I get to have my pizza on the weekend. I think its about finding a balance that works for you.
26 Oct 2014, 02:22
Just wrote a heap and lost it all! Really impressed with your efforts @Julianna, although I am not sure I could come at the pork belly fat just yet! I had scrambled egg with butter and a little cheese for breakfast and will have a bullet proof mocha if I get peckish mid morning. I do get hungry in the mornings as they start so early! Like @Rawkaren, I am eating earlier in the day as it suits me better and I can manage later in the day without food. I am having small pots of pate and chocolate pots which satisfy my sweet craving. My OH bought me some really good quality cocoa so I have been mixing that with a dollop of cream-heaven!
26 Oct 2014, 06:19
Thanks @Debs. Your menu sounds lush and yummy.
I understand your thoughts on the pork belly crackling and fat. Its pretty hard core. I made extra and froze it for next week. I've decided to repeat the exact same menu next week on Wednesday and Thursday as an experiment and see what happens weight loss wise. The following week in going to try something new. There's a very high fat hot cheese dip on ' the budget diet ' website called " the cheese dip that will make you famous ". You need 1 block of Philadelphia cream cheese, 1 cup egg mayonnaise, 2 cups grated tasty cheese, 1/2 red onion chopped. Microwave till softened,stir then bake in oven till golden 20-30 minutes. It is seriously delicious and everyone at parties love it. MFP says 3340 calories so I could have 1/4 of it over the day and it's 835 calories, 90% fat, 3% carbs,7% protein. If its too rich I could split it over 2 days for dinner and have macadamia or eggs and butter for my other meals. My family will be thrilled to demolish the leftovers.
I love our little tent. Its cosy in here. :heart:
26 Oct 2014, 07:56
Wow, that dip sounds like the ultimate fat bomb!!! I may have to give it a go! Just debating when to weigh myself, I may wait until I feel a little lighter in a few days. I have also made some almond bark, a work in progress, again, a recipe given to me by the lovely @Rawkaren. It neds work on my part!!
26 Oct 2014, 13:12
I have made myself a recipe file just for low carb cooking. I don't even refer back to the old high carb recipes anymore. My husband doesn't even freak out anymore when I try new recipes on him! Lol Last night he had a chocolate chia seed pudding with crushed sugar free peanut clusters and whipped cream. I warned him the texture is different... like tapioca ... so he was prepared. He loved it. With "sweets" like this I don't feel deprived at all.
26 Oct 2014, 15:13
Cheers @Debs. This has become my 'go to' nibble when I'm figuring out what to eat whilst in the kitchen. I store it in the freezer and can eat it straight out of the container. Here is the recipe everyone. DON'T put the honey in it or it will not be low carb :shock: :shock: :shock: It doesn't need it anyway. http://paleomagonline.com/almond-butter-bark/
27 Oct 2014, 21:12
Morning all, I've come to join the tent!
I have taken a little break from fasting whilst I got the low carb lifestyle under my belt, and feel really happy to be back fasting this week. It makes me feel so much better! The only thing I'm concerned about is exercise, I've managed to do well with my running doing just low carb but last time I tried to exercise even the following evening after a fast day, I just felt like I had nothing 'in the tank'. My low carb king father told me I didn't eat enough fat that day... But I think my body just hadn't got used to using fat, rather than carbs, as fuel. I'm going for a run tonight (first run while back on the 5:2 train) so we'll see how I go.
Low carb hasn't been nearly as hard as I thought it would be though, not really missing it at all. I think I used to be addicted to the 'full' feeling, it used to comfort me. Now I'm satisfied after every low carb meal. My appetite is greatly reduced. I just hope I can keep it up.
Have a great day, all! :victory:
28 Oct 2014, 03:00
@kelkelkelster. Welcome!
Tonight has been a carb re-feed evening. I did a HiiT workout and ate straight afterward. Home made butternut squash soup, a gigantic sweet potato cut into chips and baked in the oven, seasoned with smoked paprika, herb sea salt and oil..

I was going to do this tomorrow, but I have had a rapid heartbeat for the last few days and then I realised it was probably my potassium levels out of whack (I have been eating plenty of salt). So I ate a banana at the office and the problem got solved in 20 mins. However I have realised that I probably need to take a potassium supplement with my magnesium. Fortunately I had some in the cupboard that I must have bought before but didn't get around to taking. http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2013/0 ... ectrolytes

Even with all of this, my carb count is still below 150g, but my cals are up at 2000 - which is way over my TDEE. However I feel like I have eaten a huge celebratory meal!
28 Oct 2014, 08:25
I don't know if this is the place to share my recent discovery, but I will anyway.
@julianna, instead of rice, I use whole buckwheat. By comparison, 40g of (dry) basmati has approx. 140 cals and 30 carbs while the same amount of whole buckwheat has 70 cals and 13g carbs. Just right when you need that 'something' to slurp up those curry juices!
I've lost the extra that I gained under @silverdarling's cake influence 2 weeks' ago. I'm bang on target at 10 3.
@rawkaren how sustainable is your new way of eating?
28 Oct 2014, 08:31
Wow thanks @PennyForthem, I'll keep an eye out for the buckwheat. Great tip! So nice to see you here and congratulations on getting to your happy place weight wise.
Xxx
28 Oct 2014, 08:38
Not the buckwheat flour @julianna, but you should find the whole stuff easily. Lovely nutty taste too.
Previous 1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 87 of 96