The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 88 of 96
Previous 1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
28 Oct 2014, 09:05
Thanks @PennyForthem. I loved that you replied so quickly on the other side of the world! What are you doing now? Its 8 pm here and hubs just got home from work and I'm watching MASH from TiVo then about to watch
Recipe to Riches ( its about 3 people who each have a great family recipe that everyone loves that could be a commercial success and they have to bulk cook it and market it but there's only 1 winner who will have there product for sale in one of our big supermarket Woolworths (woolies) from tomorrow morning!
28 Oct 2014, 15:09
@pennyforthem. This is a one month trial to see if I can get off my plateau, so I'd say that it is very doable for a month, and it's a month where I don't have very many social engagements. Some people seem to Fast-5 permanently, but I don't think it is for me. However on a Monday to Friday basis, it is good to have some sort of structure and I can see the appeal. I'm hovering somewhere between 19.:5 and 16:8. Fat over carbs in the mix is something I have never tried before so the jury is out. However the brain fog is certainly gone and I seem to have more mental stamina.
02 Nov 2014, 04:16
Drum roll! Well @rawkaren, I think your months trial is up. Do you mind if we ask how you went???
02 Nov 2014, 10:11
I'd like to hear the result too!
02 Nov 2014, 13:02
One whole pound! Was it worth it? Dunno. Check my blog though as I posted all of the trend lines and it is going in the right direction finally. Maybe I need to give it longer.
02 Nov 2014, 13:51
That's crap Karen. Go sit in a dark room and scream.......
Dunno what to say, you're so committed and knowledgable.
Give it longer. I didn't lose this week well if you call 400gm a loss then yes but I didn't count it.
Keep going Karen.
03 Nov 2014, 04:06
Oh @rawkaren, that must have been disappointing but I'm glad you lost something. Bloody scales! :doh:
Do your clothes feel looser? I looked at your blog and the graphs and can definitely see a downward trend which is great!!!
Thanks for the buckwheat tip @PennyForthem. I cooked some and had it with my curry and it was nice.
Xxx julianna
05 Nov 2014, 10:08
Hi all,
Just to report that I saw 59.9kg this morning, my target last Christmas and Valentines Day! I can honestly say that it has been long and painful, with many experiments. A combination of low carb, fat and calorie counting has finally worked, not the way I would have hoped to be doing it and tbh, it isn't sustainable but at least I have made it.
A combination of peri-menopause and stress have conspired against me, making those few kgs really, really hard to lose. I am lucky that I can experiment when I'm away from home I guess, but I always overdo it when I go home, even if I try and semi-fast. I realise that the carbs are the issue, sugar especially and I have to be really careful what I eat on that front.
I have to thank a lot of lovely ladies for their moral support, especially @Carorees, @Rawkaren, @Madcatlady, @Wendydarling, @CarieOates and many others for their support and watching over my food intake! The accountability certainly helps me and I shall continue with that. I also realise that high expectations of oneself don't make life easier! Note to self, give myself some slack! Still a way to go, but at least I feel that I have achieved one milestone!
05 Nov 2014, 15:42
@debs. This is so well deserved. I think you are the one on this site that has tried everything and anything to get to where you need to be. Well done!
05 Nov 2014, 16:07
Well done @Debs! So very well deserved! :victory: :heart: :star:
05 Nov 2014, 17:05
Ooh I went all goosey reading that debs. I'm so so happy for you.
06 Nov 2014, 10:29
This is a momentous day @Debs! Well done!
Xxx julianna :like: :victory: :heart:
08 Nov 2014, 19:49
Wow @Debs that is the bestest news, you so deserve it!! As you say if in doubt brew up, keep the faith and bring it on! :heart: :victory: :star: :cake: :rainbow: Deep respect to you and congratulations.
09 Nov 2014, 08:04
Aaarrrrggghhhh having a major sugar craving day, and I think that if I don't indulge it to some extent, it will only get worse. I haven't had much in the way of sugar now for quite some time, but just occasionally I know that things are in a bad way!! I know we all get those, most of the time I can overcome it, but today it is monstrous and may need feeding, just to pacify it!
#justsaying.......!!!!
09 Nov 2014, 08:26
Go get some down ya. Debs. What have you got which womt trigger an even bigger urge to have more?
Previous 1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 88 of 96