Previous 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
14 Feb 2014, 21:15
I think those mueslis would kill me off...I'm allergic to nuts :shock:

However, NY cheesecake is a different matter altogether

Bean :wink:
14 Feb 2014, 21:19
Breakfast for me is fresh air and a herb tea. Sorry to be the bringer of bad tidings. I miss my porridge.
14 Feb 2014, 21:21
What does fresh air taste like?
14 Feb 2014, 21:24
Step away from the cheesecake beanie bobs.
14 Feb 2014, 21:32
It's very light, a bit like a balloon :grin:
14 Feb 2014, 21:42
Since joining 5:2 and doing the Fast Days and 16/8 I no longer have breakfast and I don't miss it one bit.

If we do have a breakfast or brunch out, I would have eggs and bacon without the toast, and I definitely do not have any boxed cereals, porridge or muesli.

It works for me, mostly, but I must admit to caving into the carbs the last two days and feeling the effects of it.

cheers Maggie :smile: :smile:
14 Feb 2014, 21:53
@nursebean How about just low carb fruit which is your fresh fruit like apricots, berries, passion fruit, plum, strawberries, tamarillo, and have some dollops of yoghurt. I guess the risk for you with seeds is that there might be some traces of nuts in processing, steer clear we want to stay around. Oh sensitive bean that's a conundrum for you isn't it?

But those cardboard boxes of manufactured mush dried turned into flakes aren't great for you either, sadly. @Wendy Darling air is looking good and becomes 16:8 and you can then have heaps of yummy lunches as discussed on this thread. I want to make @PennyForthem 's recipe on the previous page and am just about to write it up for making ASAP yum
14 Feb 2014, 22:17
@FatDog thanks for that. Curiosity got the better of me last night and I shelled out for the kindle version. I had a quick flick through and I may buy the paper version too. I love the instant gratification of kindle. I'm not vegetarian but since starting this woe and reading your posts I have realised that I can make veg interesting and would be happy to have more veggie meals. It's a bit difficult because I have the added frisson of convincing the rest of the family that no meat and low carb is a good thing :shock:

I did see your post here about the book at the time, also your review.

I love your recipes but I'm ashamed to say that I find all the numbers next to all the ingredients really confusing as I'm not the sharpest tool in the box :frown:

I will let you know which recipes I use. Thank you so much for educating me and for your patience :like:
14 Feb 2014, 22:40
Glad you've given in to temptation @Wendy Darling! :oops:
You must try her recipe for Cardamom cake, it's really yummy!
15 Feb 2014, 08:50
Oh Good Grrrrief!!

Went down for my boiled egg for breakfast only to discover my mum had already made a saucepan of Scottish porridge oats (well I couldn't refuse her now could I). I was horrified to work out that that tiny little bowl of porridge came to a whopping 641 calories with 112 being carbs. Mind you, my mum made it with half milk and half water and MFP can't handle info like that.

I've learnt a great lesson today. AVOID blimin porridge AT ALL COSTS!

Bean :cry:
15 Feb 2014, 09:23
Don't fret Bean. See my reply to you in the chatterbox. I'm sure it doesn't come to that many calories.
15 Feb 2014, 09:27
Not as bad as me bean - I've just had an almond croissant for breakfast. Plot. Lost. Completely.
15 Feb 2014, 09:37
I bet that croissant isn't half as much as mine!

Bean :cry:
15 Feb 2014, 09:54
Good morning porridge chompin Beanie bobs, I'm with Wendy Darling on the number of carbs and calories in your breakfast. Sounds way TOOOO many, not sure the average person could actually eat that much porridge in one go so if in doubt next time, make sand bags out of it and send it down to the flood areas and save a life.

Ballerina x :heart:
15 Feb 2014, 10:14
Beaniebops. Have a word with your mum, if she insists on cooking. Get her to do you scrambled eggs. Maybe bit of bacon or even - smoked salmon :shock: But no toast and no porridge, and definitely no boxed cereals (these have loads of sugar added anyway!) :like: :clover: :victory: :wink:
Previous 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 27 of 96