The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 64 of 96
Previous 1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
29 Jun 2014, 08:15
Go without chocolate????? The very thought!

I had some really scrummy warm bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic on Friday night and oh dear I suffered for it yesterday. My poor tummy wasn't at all happy
:cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :deadrose:
29 Jun 2014, 09:18
@Motherof2thats the way to do it, snack on something filling and there's nothing better than a lump of beef. Your stomach feels bunged because there's less in there and it's not being pushed through by all that stodge. Get some raspberries, rhubarb have them with full fat Greek yoghurt. Great snack/dessert.
You've done really well.
29 Jun 2014, 11:44
Well done @Motherof2 You're doing great :like:
Meat is zero carbs and obviously very filling.
We've got roast chicken for evening meal later
and I've managed to get another celeriac from Tesco so I'm doing turnip + celeriac mash for mine
and roasties for hubby
Saving my carbs for my desert and couple
of glasses of red
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
Just been given large bag of rhubarb cut fresh from friends garden this morning dessert sorted. :clover: :clover:
30 Jun 2014, 23:08
I finally tried celeriac thanks to you @Sue.Q I cubed them and roasted them in lard along with pumpkin and we had them with our BBQ steak. They were divine. Much more flavor than potatoes. Besides mash, is there any other way you cook them Sue?
Xxx
01 Jul 2014, 00:39
I am just looking into this tent. I'll sit in the corner for a while and hope that no body notices me. I just watched Cereal Killers, reluctantly. I didn't want to come into this tent, but my buddy, @katharina, is doing low-carb and that has made me curious. I'm just going to notice carbs in my day today. So far a slice of sour dough bread and teaspoon of sugar in my coffee. What do people think is a healthy carb amount?
01 Jul 2014, 07:27
Welcome @sallyo Have a little read around while I put the kettle on for a coffee break.

That's exactly what I said to the hubby last night @julianna Because I've been dissatisfied with all potatoes lately and his meal looked awful with white fluffy pots on his plate.
I do mash with swede/turnip quite a lot, I've roasted, plus blasted in m/wave sprinkked with cajun spices then finished on BBQ, I've also done similar with wedges all far more tastier than potatoes. :heart:
I see your lovely photo hasn't returned yet shame.
01 Jul 2014, 09:15
julianna wrote: I finally tried celeriac thanks to you @Sue.Q I cubed them and roasted them in lard along with pumpkin and we had them with our BBQ steak. They were divine. Much more flavor than potatoes. Besides mash, is there any other way you cook them Sue?
Xxx

http://reflectionsofafoodie.wordpress.c ... -celeriac/

Watched Jamie Oliver last night making this whole roasted celeriac and it made my mouth water! Will definitely give this one a go! :like: :like:
01 Jul 2014, 09:24
Thanks @Sue.Q I'll try the microwaved then BBQ celeriac next.
Funny you say that about my avatar Sue because I just emailed the beautiful @Moogie today and asked her to reinstate it when she has time , so fingers crossed.
How are you going with your progress? Any cms shifting? My progress is slow but I truly believe the low carb works for me. I only lost 0.7kg last month but 6.5 cms off here and there. ( weird places like 1cm off neck and 1.5cm off mid thigh!!) So even though I lost I lost 17 KGS in 9 months last year and only 5 KGS tin 6 months this year I feel like its working because I'm not regaining it all again like I did in the past. I'm also thrilled that I've reached 22 KGS! A big milestone for me as I always used to admire Moogies 22 kg loss and think " wow! What an amazing achievement! " and now that's me!
As for low carbing and eating windows today at 2.45 pm first meal for me( not a fast day) my kids ordered chips and gravy , I for the first time ordered a hamburger without the bun sitting on extra salad and it was perfect! ( usually I order a hamburger and eat it holding the bun without eating the bun! So we call my plate at the end a bread massacre - a mountain of broken bread bits- a bit embarrassing for hubby) dinner my amazing creamy mushroom bake which I've posted in the recipe section. Worth a try- pure unami!( yummiest flavor)
Xxx Julianna
Xxx
01 Jul 2014, 09:59
I am having fun trying out alternatives to my once adored wafer biscuit which were my go too snack with either cheese or hummus and other dips like beetroot. So now I use celery pieces like a biscuit or today was cucumber slices. Have done carrot and snow peas as well.

What do others do for snacks although always feel a tad guilty and maybe think ought to be eating heaps of leaves and a slab of protein. But I am only looking for tasty morsels as anything more is too filling these days
01 Jul 2014, 13:13
Thanks for the recipe @callyanna have bookmarked to try sometime soon. :like:

@gillymary I try not to snack to much but I'm same as you salads, celery, and nuts, also recently found spicy courgette ribbons + chopped tomatoes a good and filling quick fix.

@julianna I'm traveling the scenic route must pop into gillymary s tent again today, slowly whittling a bit now and then, forgot to measure on Friday.
The low carbing worked well to kickstart me before so I'm reducing further on my feed days,
On that subject PennyForthem's celeriac rémoulade great with salad leaves, ooh must go and make some to go with tonight's Cajun chicken salad good idea. mmmmm
Hope moogie waves her magic wand for you coz you've been very patient waiting for repairs. :clover: :clover: :clover:
01 Jul 2014, 17:17
Hi all.

Can anyone advise please? What is the best sweetener to use?
01 Jul 2014, 17:57
Hi @alexsid This has been a big struggling point for me too. I've tried loads and I think most people will say stevia which I'm not getting on with very well, I've settled for the moment on canderal as in tablets for hot drinks, I'm OK with stevia with stewed fruit etc and
breakfast cereals which I now don't eat. :clover:
01 Jul 2014, 18:32
Thank you Sue. I'm also needing a consultation! I've been trolling the internet and to be honest, since I found the forum, I haven't really lost any weight so I'm hoping to get this right.. Here is my plan:
I still do ADF and I've stopped all carbs except veg. On feast days, is it right that I can eat fat? In reasonable quantities e.g. omelette cooked with cheese and butter, have cream and full fat milk and full fat cheeses etc?

Sorry to be a pain but I need to get my head around and stick to something.. Oh and I assume I need to avoid sugar?

Alex xx
01 Jul 2014, 19:44
Sounds a good plan @alexsid Just 500 cals
or less on F/days some members do a liquid zero cal day but I couldn't manage that also bring those days in under 20g carbs or less, the veggies are good carbs
and very filling.
As for sugar its better gone!!! I actually gave it up in drinks 2/3 months ago as I said stevia is best I believe coz of zero carbs so I'm working my way to that.
Leaving cakes/biscuits better gone or reduced drastically for now, the chocky carbs also reduce drastically then for me the red wine carbs reduced
to 3 nights per week with meals, well you've got to
live a little at least.
Also the very bad carbs bread, rice, pasta, + potatoes
all needing a drastic reduction probably small amount at weekends or celebrations only. :clover:
01 Jul 2014, 20:03
Thank you Sue. Very helpful and prompt as usual.

Xx
Previous 1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 64 of 96