The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 63 of 96
Previous 1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
24 Jun 2014, 22:38
Hi Callyanna.

That you that is brilliant info, especially as I love coffee. Have you a recipe that youuse for bulletproof? I have one saying to use yr own coffee (I drink filter), with unsalted butter and coconut oil.

Thanks again

Alex x x
24 Jun 2014, 23:08
Hey there,
I am just about to make one myself as I am absolutely ravenous; my only problem is blending it properly otherwise it goes lumpy and horrible!
25 Jun 2014, 00:23
Just drinking mine now @alexsid, if you do a search on this site there is a recipe for it, I have just plonked in a tbsp of coconut oil and a tbsp of butter and put the coffee in on top. If I find the link I will let you know.
I have shocking sweet cravings too and actually find nuts quite good but I hanker for sugar and if I have cream of creme fraiche I have that with raspberries (frozen unfortunately).
25 Jun 2014, 08:42
Thankbyou Debs

x
25 Jun 2014, 16:22
Had a very nice low carb lunch in Its today - salmon, egg and salad, with a green dressing. Tasty, but could have eaten it twice!
27 Jun 2014, 21:24
Hi all.

No pink wee yet despite no carbs after 4 days but I was hoping for some advice. I've cut bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. I've been having cheese, eggs and fish a lot, mainly in omelettes and with salad. I don't take any sugar in drinks at all, I don't drink alcohol at all. However, my downfall on non fast days is chocolate!! Mostly plain choc with nuts. My question is, on non fast days, must I go without chocolate completely?

Any advice well come....

Alex x x
28 Jun 2014, 01:29
Hi there,
It takes me ages to get 'pink' wee!! I am more adverse to going into ketosis for some reason, keep at it, it should happen eventually.
I hear the plaintive cry of a fellow chocoholic there though!! I have choccy on my non fast days, just dark so less carbs.
Good luck!
28 Jun 2014, 02:54
alexsid wrote: Hi all.

My question is, on non fast days, must I go without chocolate completely?

Any advice well come....

Alex x x

Not in my world you don't :lol: enjoy whatever you want to eat, just don't go all daft and non stop with it

Ballerina x :heart:
28 Jun 2014, 05:41
@Slimmer Hi there! Saw your post on low carb crackers that were available in Aldi. I don't know their size, but FinnCrisp Thins (Rye) are very good 22 cals and 3.7 carb. They are thin though and about half as wide as the standard Ryvita. Great with cheeses or as dippers. Available widely. I'm onto this low carb hunt and as a result my weight has at last started to shift downwards! :like:
28 Jun 2014, 07:07
Hi Katharina
I prefer the Rye Thins and they are less carbs than the Aldi crispbreads, though I would rather just have a really good slice of bread with a boiled egg on a Sunday morning. It is a scrummy treat and just mixes things up a bit so my metabolism dosn't get too used to very low carbs.
As for pink wee, I find it very hard to "turn pink" and even when I did the dreaded Lighterlife I still rarely achieved pink. Stubborn old me!
28 Jun 2014, 07:45
Hi. I would like to join this tent. Haven't quite figured out how low carb and ADF will work tho. As a re-set to get me on the road for meeting the fall challenge, yesterday I did one day of the Dukan diet attack. Managed to lose 2lbs over night but it was hard. Today I am planning to fast. Does seem a bit stressful on the body but I'm working today so hopefully I'll get through it ok.

Am I right in thinking that a low carb fast day is no longer about staying under 500 cals and more about eating no more than 100g of carbs? So if you eat a lot of meat you're likely to go over 500 right? But I'm guessing that's okay. Anyone?
28 Jun 2014, 07:59
Looks like I need a kick up the bum. Not low carb at all this week.
So I declare war on those pesky carbs from Monday.

@Motherof2 that is a great question, in my experience of all things low carb, when I do hit Ketosis my appetite gets suppressed. So having a few extra cals in the form of proteins and fat probably won't stop the weight loss as you will be burning fat. But seeing as we are here to fast, I usually try to keep it low cal as well to achieve the other health benefits associated with fasting. When you are "filling up" with the proteins keep to the low fat ones eg fish, chicken tuna etc, ie not fillet steak to breakfast lunch and dinner.
28 Jun 2014, 10:34
@Motherof2 You still have your 500 cal fasts,
on a trial earlier this year with @Debs Hi Debs :like:
Carorees advice to Debs for kickstarting her weightloss because she was stuck was to do 2/3 days of very low carb days coming in at 20g daily to force the body into fatburning, I barged in and kept Deb company for the trial worked for me but sadly not for her. :clover: :clover:
28 Jun 2014, 20:24
Thanks all low carbers/fasters for advice and info re pink wee and chocolate. So farlow carving is working for me and I don't miss them (yet) and don't feel anything like as hungry as I thought I would.

n.b. you're all a really helpful and great bunch of people. Thank you.
Love this forum!

Alex x x
29 Jun 2014, 06:04
Sue.Q wrote: @Motherof2 You still have your 500 cal fasts,
on a trial earlier this year with @Debs Hi Debs :like:
Carorees advice to Debs for kickstarting her weightloss because she was stuck was to do 2/3 days of very low carb days coming in at 20g daily to force the body into fatburning, I barged in and kept Deb company for the trial worked for me but sadly not for her. :clover: :clover:

Ok, thanks @Sue.Q. I have completed two days of practically zero carbs and feel great if a little bunged up! Today I will be having low carb veg with my protein throughout the day. Hoping this will curb my sugar/crisps/general crap food cravings. :oops:

@carieoates I shall be more mindful of the proteins I quaff but I do love my meat and find it more satisfying than fish. I bought a beef joint on Friday, roasted it, then had slices throughout the day. Very filling but all gone now. :grin:
Previous 1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 63 of 96