The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 61 of 96
Previous 1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
14 Jun 2014, 09:41
Wow @Debs 3kgs that's great considering you've been gone 3weeks, I didn't get on scales for 2 days of back2back fasting and mine was 4kgs for my one week!!! breaking yourself in steadily is a good idea I've failed a few fasts lately but put in quite good fasting times with a minimum 18:6 & few 19:5 not going to make the solstice goal but I'm very close to a personal all time 20yrs low
so I'm happy with that for now, a little whittling is at least in the right direction. Good Luck Deb :clover: :clover:
17 Jun 2014, 06:25
Morning all, I'm back in here to get that Ketosis going. Hit an all Time low two weeks ago, the had to negotiate birthdays, wedding etc. so now need to undo the carb damage. I know it's down to carbs as I don't eat loads of sugary foods these days.
So roll on the purple pee debate.
17 Jun 2014, 06:45
@carieoates I have read about 'purple pee' in this thread before a few times - am I being dim but I am assuming you are testing your pee for ketones to see if you are in ketosis? Do tell! :-)
17 Jun 2014, 12:33
@loversghostIt's a urine stick test which shows a purple Colour when you are burning fat or in ketosis. You can buy in chemist and on line. I knick mine from work :wink:
17 Jun 2014, 12:42
Rough and tough, @carieoates how many g of carbs are you eating to go into ketosis? And do you eat min carbs every day, or aim for just a few low carb ones a week? I seem to stay between 50 and 80g, with around 100g at the weekends.
18 Jun 2014, 06:29
@Pennyforthem I just don't have any potatoes, fruit, sugar, pasta, bread or rice. I used to count them and get under 20-30. It takes me about three really good low days to achieve purple pee. Then at weekends I allow myself a slice of bread or a glass of red wine a day.
18 Jun 2014, 08:11
Yay, pink pee for me!!
I get my ketosis sticks from the pharmacy/chemist, not very expensive. It takes me a lot longer to get into ketosis for some reason and after about four days I struggle with massive ravenousness!!
However, all in a good cause!
18 Jun 2014, 16:11
Debs wrote: Yay, pink pee for me!!
I get my ketosis sticks from the pharmacy/chemist, not very expensive. It takes me a lot longer to get into ketosis for some reason and after about four days I struggle with massive ravenousness!!
However, all in a good cause!

Yay well done @Debs mine is dark pink/light purple, plus I have the headache, so also very happy.
20 Jun 2014, 11:23
Hi fellow Low Carber's.
Can anyone help please? I seem to remember when I was dukaning in the dim and distant past, that Aldi did a very low carb cracker. I just thought it could replace my one slice of bread with my Sunday dippy egg as I always want more and, of course, it has to be plastered with butter!
X
21 Jun 2014, 07:27
Slimmer wrote: Hi fellow Low Carber's.
Can anyone help please? I seem to remember when I was dukaning in the dim and distant past, that Aldi did a very low carb cracker. I just thought it could replace my one slice of bread with my Sunday dippy egg as I always want more and, of course, it has to be plastered with butter!
X

Wow @Slimmer when you find out let me know as I will shoot down there and get some. I did used to have some crackers from tesco when I was doing Atkins. They were great as crunchy and something to layer the cheese and ham onto.
22 Jun 2014, 18:27
Hi. I just popped in out of curiosity and interest. Is it dangerous to push your body into a state of ketosis? Isn't this what the Atkins diet advocated? But if it is okay (and I'm fit -ish and healthy) how does it work with a fasting regime and can you still eat vegetables?

Sorry for so many questions but I'm hoping someone will reply!!

Xx
22 Jun 2014, 19:03
@alexsid I don't think it's dangerous in anyway at all but if I'm wrong someone will soon correct me.
Ketosis is when our body it burning fat away not muscle and we as fasters go into fatburning quicker by reducing our carb intake yes well all eat lots of veggies but lots less of potatoes, rice, bread and pasta.
I've not given any of the above up but I've drastically reduced all especially in the week, for instance I'm still getting celeriac which I use alongside turnip instead of potatoes. Good luck if you're joining us low carbers. :clover:
22 Jun 2014, 19:32
Thank you Sue Q. I'm interested in how it works. So on your fast days you just avoid carbs? Is that right?
x
22 Jun 2014, 20:10
Hello All, I'm back in here again because of the springing into fall challenge. I can't think of another way to lose a bit more. I am already 5:2ing and 16:8ing but perhaps not strictly enough. I really need to concentrate my efforts this time. I have bought lots of veg and salad for this weeks meals and will probably log everything on MFP even though I find that a pain.
22 Jun 2014, 20:20
Hello alex@alexsid, I'm a low carber. I lose more weight when I cut the carbs down and completely. We get them in vegetables anyway. So we don't need to eat them in the form of processed foods such as pasta, bread and other foods like potatoes and rice. Also in my experience when I eat carbs I get more hungry afterwards and my stomach bloats. This then makes me need to eat more to feel full.
Some people frown at low carbers saying you shouldn't remove whole food groups but it hasn't hurt me.
In answer to your question, it is easy to reduce carbs on fast days then you have more space for those nutritious filling veggies.
Previous 1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 61 of 96