The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 62 of 96
Previous 1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
22 Jun 2014, 20:45
@carieoates I have also cut out the carbs (I only occasionally eat sweet things, not tempted by those) and watched the advice in this tent. I think it's been key to my slow, steady progress. Goodness knows why I planted potatoes for the first time in my life but it's very nice to give presents!!! Bubble bath, nail treat and then back to work - midnight oil in order to prepare for the week ahead.
22 Jun 2014, 21:05
:dazed:
alexsid wrote: Thank you Sue Q. I'm interested in how it works. So on your fast days you just avoid carbs? Is that right?
x

Hi @alexsid Yes as carioates says I now don't have any carbs on my 3 fastdays just the veggie ones then very low midweek and a little treat for the weekend or obviously celebrations, I firmly believe that combo was the key to my phenomanol weightloss last year.
22 Jun 2014, 21:59
Hi Caroline. Thank you. That info is great and I'd like to join the tent please. I've been doing add as well but rightly or wrongly, I've been doing a total liquid only fast on fast days but I'm going to stop that. So now I'll try low carbs and I'll buy some test strips. So, I'll follow you guys.

Again, thank you

Xx
22 Jun 2014, 22:00
Sorry, I meant adf!
23 Jun 2014, 10:12
Welcome to the ADF tent too Alexsid! I have one foot in both tents as I hope to get the same results as Sue.Q. I had my once a week treat on Saturday and overdid it a bit so I am back on the wagon and only having a treat once a week whilst away at camp.
24 Jun 2014, 07:36
Hi Carioates. It seems that Aldi don't make the low carb cracker I used to buy. They only make two now and the lowest was 27cal, 4.3 carb per rye crispbread. Is that worth it I wonder?
X
24 Jun 2014, 15:53
no @slimmer it certainly isn't. I've been eating bread at lunch for two days on a course . So low carb won't start til weds (tomorrow) then I will hit Ketosis in time for my weekend treats.

What's a girl to do.
I know, drink champers and gin instead of red wine. And don't have any bread. Let's see how I do??.?.
24 Jun 2014, 17:33
Hi there. I just wondered if there is anything you can eat on a low carb diet that full fills a sweet fix?

Here's hoping??!!

Alex x
24 Jun 2014, 18:34
How about some whipped double cream over blueberries and strawberries, sweetened with a little bit of stevia if liked?
24 Jun 2014, 18:46
With a few flaked almonds, and unsweetened desicated coconut on top

I heat the fruit in the microwave first, so it feels more like a "pudding"
24 Jun 2014, 18:49
After feeling so unwell yesterday and finding it may have been because i over carbed it the day before a fast..today ive only had 50 g of carb..and 31 of them was in a large apple! Who knew! Its deffo low carbs on replenish days for Candy now...!
@Carieoates thanks for the info,drink gin and champers instead of red wine,less carbs? :?: luckily i love gin AND champers ( tho i love red wine too) **hic!** xx :lol: :razz:
@Callyannaand@Minumonline what a divine dessert you 're concocting..
Yum yum!X
24 Jun 2014, 20:01
alexsid wrote: Hi there. I just wondered if there is anything you can eat on a low carb diet that full fills a sweet fix?

Here's hoping??!!

Alex x

@alexsid
Make pannacotta....
I pint of double cream take out about 1/3 put in a jug or bowl and mix with equal quantity of milk and then add two sheets of gelatine.
Bring cream up to a boil and add a few teaspoons of stevia or other sugar substitute, to taste with half a vanilla pod.
When boiled add gelatine mix and stir until dissolved.
Pour into small ramekins and pop in fridge for 12 hrs or until set.
Serve with grated high cocoa chocolate, or stewed fruit eg rhubarb, rasps, strawbs which have started to go mushy in the fridge.

Good fat, low carb desert. Makes about 6 of my ramekins.
Cover with cling film touching the surface otherwise you get a skin forming when setting.
24 Jun 2014, 20:34
Wow thank you all. Trying to get my head around all this. Feeling guilty, today was a fast day, had scrambled egg in some butter then couldn't resist half a large bag of white choc buttons!! Also have weed a LOT today (drinking lots of coffee and now loads of water). Might try to make bullet proof coffee but surely this isn't allowed on feast days? Def going to try the panacotta. Thank you Caroline.

Alex x x
24 Jun 2014, 20:38
Oops I meant the bullet proof coffee ? allowed on fast days and do you guys still manage to stick to 500 cals on fast days?

Alex x x
24 Jun 2014, 21:23
alexsid wrote: Oops I meant the bullet proof coffee ? allowed on fast days and do you guys still manage to stick to 500 cals on fast days?

Alex x x

Although quite high in calories some people find that drinking a bullet proof coffee on a fast day satisfies their hunger and allows them to get through the day and still leave enough calories for a reasonable meal of protein and veggies.
The 500 cals is really an approximate estimate of 25% of the 2000 calories or TDEE of the 'average woman' but many people find they still lose weight successfully by consuming up to 700 or so cals on a fast day. Just try it and see what works best for you!
Previous 1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 62 of 96