The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

2209 posts Page 1 of 148
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 148 Next
Bean & Oates - Mad Eaters!
17 Feb 2014, 09:10
Hope you like the title Oaty! If not, :frown: just let me know and I'll change it!

I love the sound of your fitness routine and even better is the fact that you get your classes for free! I had a similar thing when I helped out at my local Weight Watchers group...I wasn't paid but had free sessions and discounts on their products. Of course, with this way of life, we don't need to part with any money!

D'you know, I've never been to Cambridge, although I've been to Oxford (sorry!) many times and love it there. Is Cambridge similar?

What ARE you gonna do with yourself this week, then, eh? I guess it's all planned for you :wink:

As for me, I'm happy this morning because I'm back to 11:9 (I will try and work out the kgs because that seems to be the norm around here) and so hopefully I'll reach my Easter target in time!

Have a great day!

Bean :smile:
Re: Bean & Oates - Mad Eaters!
17 Feb 2014, 09:40
Great name Beany. :like:

So we've decided to start our own thread as we end up "chasing" each other around the forums for updates.

We are fasting buddies, the same age (45) aquarians, (born 3 days apart) and have extremely different lives. The one thing we have in common is that we both fast. We both struggle sometimes to lose the weight but also like to help others along the way. We are both like sponges, absorbing as much knowledge as we can and I aim to find out more about ME.
I have two kids, two cats, two chickens, one husband (lol) and work in a school.

I'm addicted to exercise and love red wine. I have promised to give up chocolate until Easter which I thought would be easy as I'm not bothered by it. But I was given lovely chocs for my birthday and valentines and thought I'd better eat the, all up. Well thats not going to happen as I am not failing my bean.
I am 5ft 7 weigh 12.8 at the moment and want to get to 12 st for Easter and then 11.7 by the 13th June as the wedding season starts and I would love to buy a size 12 dress.
I'm a traditional 5.2 er and don't do breakfast anymore so it's 16.8 on non fast days. 14 weeks ago I had an op. Wow how time flies.
Bean is lighter than me already, so over to you luv...what's your story.
17 Feb 2014, 12:06
Knew! So glad you liked the name :wink:

This buddy idea is great. I was rather touched that you are going to find out about CFS/ME as it's such a difficult illness to explain, but there's a great deal of information out there! As a result of contracting ME, I have had to give up my career, sell my lovely little house and move in with my folks (poor things!)

My story, eh? Well, like you say, I've just hit quite a big milestone...45. Does sound old doesn't it! I used to be a practice nurse in a small GP practice not far from me. I worked crazy long hours and wonder if the stress of that contributed to my illness. Having said that, I was extremely stressed when my dog was given 2-3 months to live following the discovery of a lump. I couldn't bear the thought of having her put to sleep. Well, she is a miracle dog and here we are some two and a half years later and she's still going strong. She's a very special girl! As well as Poppy, I have another Italian Greyhound called Minnie. She'll be 7 this year and Poppy will be 9...they're both getting little white faces, bless them :)

Unlike, Oatesy (I'm working on a nickname!) I don't have children. In typical Bean style, I was just starting to get serious about finding a man and settling down with a couple of kids, when this wretched illness struck me...and I wouldn't want to inflict myself on anyone...not yet anyway :wink:

Anyway, Oates and I are very different in that I barely do any exercise and Oates is on an incredible fitness regime. Feel worn out just thinking about it! When I'm on a good run, I can do some yoga and walk my dogs, but during a bad phase, I just stay in bed or on the sofa. I'm lucky, though, because there are many people with ME who are permanently confined to their bed. I hope it won't be too much longer until I'm a bouncing Bean again. I live in hope!!

I am 5 ft 6 and today I weigh 11:9 (although it currently ranges from 11:9 - 11:13!) my aim is to get to 10:13 by Easter and 9:7...some time in the not too distant future...hopefully! And, yes, to be a size 12 would be fantastic wouldn't it!!

One thing that will be interesting is who will lose weight the quickest/easiest? The constant exerciser or the constant recliner? Only time will tell

Bean :smile:

Ps Bean is very impressed that Oates hasn't given in to chocolate temptation :wink:
17 Feb 2014, 12:55
Good luck girls :clover:
17 Feb 2014, 13:04
Very best of luck with non-choc Lent, something I did every year until I started fasting, I've given up way more now!
Hope you won't mind me following your thread for inspiration m'dears :0)
17 Feb 2014, 13:14
Sounds a very tasty combination oats and beans! Hope you don't mind me 'eavesdropping' on your chats! (Completely OT, but does anyone remember a duo called Hall and Oates? Used to like them!)
17 Feb 2014, 13:16
@callyannaI remember Hall and Oates in fact that was what my brain said to me when I first saw the title of this thread.
17 Feb 2014, 13:18
Me too Loulou51, that's what made me mention them!
17 Feb 2014, 14:13
Me too. I remember seeing them at a John Lennon tribute concert at Pier head, Liverpool, in about 1988.
17 Feb 2014, 14:22
How lovely that you have shared your stories here. Really good inspiration and a great introduction to yourselves to anyone new who has never read any of your posts before. What a fab idea, well done ladies. You're a Rich Girl to have lovely forum friends and don't forget that on a fast day I Can't Go For That (but I can tomorrow) :smile: xxx
17 Feb 2014, 14:50
Yes. Hall and Oats, I recall that duo, but couldn't name a song..
Yes I'm called Oatesy, Oatie, all sorts. Better than my maiden name Green, so was called Greeny, GreenO. But unfortunately my first initial and surname made me c green (sea green) :oops:

Just had two oxo's and am now making bolognaise and cooking sausage rolls for my son. He's just changed his brake pads and I'm chasing him round the house with the jif getting finger prints off the Bl--dy walls. Venison burger, sweet potato wedges and roasted tomatoes with garlic and balsamic vinegar for dinner. Then class. :oops:
Been shopping for my daughter, jeans from HandM and bras from MandS. And for me I've just spent my Xmas and birthday dosh on a pandora neclace to match my pandora bracelet.
image.jpg
17 Feb 2014, 15:09
Wendy Darling wrote: How lovely that you have shared your stories here. Really good inspiration and a great introduction to yourselves to anyone new who has never read any of your posts before. What a fab idea, well done ladies. You're a Rich Girl to have lovely forum friends and don't forget that on a fast day I Can't Go For That (but I can tomorrow) :smile: xxx

Ha ha! very clever Wendy Darling! :grin:
17 Feb 2014, 15:12
carieoates wrote: Yes. Hall and Oats, I recall that duo, but couldn't name a song..
Yes I'm called Oatesy, Oatie, all sorts. Better than my maiden name Green, so was called Greeny, GreenO. But unfortunately my first initial and surname made me c green (sea green) :oops

Better than a girl at school with me who had the unfortunate name of Teresa Green! :grin:
17 Feb 2014, 15:22
callyanna wrote:
carieoates wrote: Yes. Hall and Oats, I recall that duo, but couldn't name a song..
Yes I'm called Oatesy, Oatie, all sorts. Better than my maiden name Green, so was called Greeny, GreenO. But unfortunately my first initial and surname made me c green (sea green) :oops

Better than a girl at school with me who had the unfortunate name of Teresa Green! :grin:

No really? Didn't her parents stop to think before naming their daughter?

Mind you, a father of a friend of mine swore that when his wife was in the maternity hospital there was a Mrs Bunn in the next door bed who called her daughter Penelope... :grin:
17 Feb 2014, 15:27
Oh don't get me on names! As an ex teacher I have heard some absolute corkers in my time, not to mention the phonetic spelling of some of them! Sorry Carrie and Bean, I seem to have gate crashed your special thread, will shut up now and leave you to it! :shutmouth:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 148 Next
2209 posts Page 1 of 148