The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

2209 posts Page 4 of 148
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 148 Next
Re: Bean & Oates - Mad Eaters!
22 Feb 2014, 08:07
I am going for it today, my first ever Saturday fast. The reason why is because my daughter is going to a party and needs a taxi, so I've volunteered to do it so that op can't have any wine. Were also having venison steak , which is so low in cals that all I have to do is not have lunch and I've done it.

This is what I posted on the sat fasting thread. So I'm on with you again. Buddy
22 Feb 2014, 08:22
Hoorah!! Welcome to your first Saturday fast! (It's just like any other fast day really!!)

How funny that you're having venison. I've recently bought my dogs some new food. "fishy Fish Pie with peas". Everything was going ok until Poppy started to be sick the last couple of nights. This new food does contain a bit of turkey and I'm wondering if it's that because Poppy can't eat chicken...poor soul, she loves chicken. Anyway, today I'm going to change it to either venison and rabbit or beef and potato! I've heard that venison is supposed to be good for delicate stomachs. Or I could get her lamb. Oh no, now I'm really confusing myself :confused:

Anyway, hope today goes well for you Oatsy

Bean :starving: :smile:
22 Feb 2014, 09:43
I'm enjoying your progress Caroline and nursebean. I just wanted to come on carrieoates comment about your hair relaxant and finding a cheaper home style way. Sorry I'm bad at quoting. As you can see from my pic I have salon blonde hair. It goes frizzy with the slightest humidity or rain drop. The first time I had a salon keratin treatment I'm ashamed to admit I paid $350 and it was bloody amazing - silky straight non frizzy hair - now they've taken out the bad chemical (formaldehyde)( effective) stuff that works and you can get a keratin treatment at any salon for _$100. It works OK but not as good. Anyway, god bless aldi. For $15 I got a keratin pack with a keratin treatment { that will last 3x3_month treatments plus shampoo and conditioner) and my hairdresser said its as good as any of the previous salon keratins. God bless aldi and all home made hair treatments.
Xxx
22 Feb 2014, 11:58
Thanks for the info @Julianna I doubt it is the strong enough for my curly wirly cuckoo hair. Got to love aldi though. I wonder if we get the same products as you do in US.

So I've just got back from class, I've just had to side step poached eggs brunch courtesy of my hubs.
But apparently we have some prawns which have to be eaten or will be binned today. Rather than waste them I will have two meals today. Prawns wrapped in lettuce leaves then venison with garlic mushrooms, shredded courgette with carrot. I may have a small glass of red wine. But I'm taxi at 7 and 10 tonight.
22 Feb 2014, 12:09
So when your hairs are really laid back and 'relaxed' how long does it last until you have to redo it again? It's much cheaper doing your own isn't it...but just so faffy. I'm not looking forward to 'stripping' my hair because, according to reviews, it takes around 2 hours :( just hope it's worth it. Many moons ago I had permed hair (I looked like Charles I!). Anyway, I used to use a product called Frizz-Ease and that was really good for smoothing out my cuticles! Now my hair is thick but dead straight...not one kink in it!

Well done Oates for side stepping that lovely sounding brunch. That is very impressive indeed! Keep up the good work! :wink:

Bean :starving:
22 Feb 2014, 12:13
You two are like a double act, so entertaining! Always make sure I check up on your thread to see what the pair of you have been (bean?) up to! x
22 Feb 2014, 12:16
@nursebean
Potato makes one of my dogs sick-just a thought.
22 Feb 2014, 13:05
callyanna wrote: You two are like a double act, so entertaining! Always make sure I check up on your thread to see what the pair of you have been (bean?) up to! x

I believe you are spot on there callyanna. Like two beans in a pod.
It lasts 12 weeks, I have a mini trim half wayish, but my ends get really light almost ginger in the sun. It looks like I've got massive dark roots.
22 Feb 2014, 13:42
Oh 12 weeks isn't so bad is it. Do you have to dye your hair at all or are you lucky and natural? I look ridiculous at the moment: black hair with grey/white roots...doh!

Just listening to Pick of the Pops and Cliff Richard is on. I am now officially old :(

Bean :starving: :shock:
22 Feb 2014, 14:06
No I am very lucky - All natural Beany. My mum went white at about 40. Just found radio 2 pick of the pops. Whispers. "Don't really like cliff tho" suppose it's because my kids music sort of seeps through the walls, down the stairs, into my car, onto my iTunes. Goodness me I can't stand it. Sorry Im Switching over
22 Feb 2014, 15:50
Er, I'd just like to point out...I'm not a Cliff fan either...honest!

Bean :starving: :shock:
22 Feb 2014, 16:29
Yeah right :wink:
I might be able to get a sneak pic of my daughter later. She's going to a 13th Birthday party and her mate has just turned up to sleep over and get ready together, she's actually wearing a dress. She such a tom boy.
22 Feb 2014, 16:35
Aaah is this her first party? Interesting times ahead but think you already have teens,Carie, so you know the score! :confused:
Hey just thought of another Caroline tune..Carrie Anne by the Hollies! X
22 Feb 2014, 16:42
Yes is all going swimmingly upstairs, my son (17) and his girlfriend are now doing her a "speed bump" hair do. He's strutting around saying ooooh it's a hall party, coke, fanta and sausage rolls, lucky you!! It's hilarious.

He's now calling out to me to save him, he said can we adopt a boy, there's all theses girls wandering into my bedroom. He's now lost his girlfriend who has taken on the job of sorting the girls hair out. There's hairspray, straighteners, hair clips everywhere.
22 Feb 2014, 22:47
Whoops forgive me @nursebeanfor I have sinned. Blooming forgot and popped 2 mini eggs. 19 cals each. I've had 473 cals today, burned 2516, my fast day cal allowance is 572 cals. I will not eat til after my run tomorrow. Then I will weigh in. Night night lovelies.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 148 Next
2209 posts Page 4 of 148