The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

2209 posts Page 5 of 148
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 148 Next
Re: Bean & Oates - Mad Eaters!
23 Feb 2014, 11:53
Good morning @nursebean how are you today?

I've got a bit cross I have to admit. No move on the weight front. I've exercised, I've fasted, I've nearly no chocolates, I've had virtually no booze.

Maybe I'm not eating enough.?
Maybe it's my horrible hormones?
I was running this morning and goodness me my boobs hurt, they stopped hurting after 3 mins running.

Watching Sunday brunch they're making my fave moussaka.
I'm having roast rib of beef and all the trimmings tonight with wine. Pft........
How about you. What's your update on all thing weight wise?
Is it roast today, we are both fasting tomorrow as well. And I'm back to work tomorrow doing my proper hours so will not see you till after 3.
:starving:
23 Feb 2014, 16:07
Sorry Oates, I had a quick hello and then had to drive the girls for their walk. It was still extremely muddy out in this particular area we like to walk and so it just zapped my energy more than normal. Unfortunately, even though I felt completely drained when I returned, I had to quickly plonk the girls in the bath and wash their filthy paws! Never mind, I then enjoyed a delicious Sunday lunch of roast pork with all the trimmings...but definitely a smaller portion than normal :wink: this was followed by my mum's new invention: a butterscotch angel delight 'cheesecake'. Basically it's said Angel delight on top of digestive biscuit base...extremely delish!

Oh isn't it frustrating when the weight doesn't shift...despite great efforts. It must be something to do with our hormones don't you think. Just don't get despondent because you know how well it does work. It's gonna be slow weight loss because we can still eat what we like in between! I've just had a glass of wine today and I'm sure I feel much fatter just after that. Does wine lead to water retention? Hm

As for my weight report. I guess I was slightly disappointed with my weigh in today, just because I had hoped I would be 11:7 which would mean I'm on track to reach my Easter target. However, I was 11:8, which isn't bad but will mean I'll be a pound off my goal weight for Easter...phooey that was a mouthful!!

Blimey, back to work already? That was a quick half-term wasn't it...doh!

How are you going to spend the rest of your day? Does it involve wine at all?! :wink:

Bean :smile:
23 Feb 2014, 19:08
Hello.
Yes wine will be involved, but it's a school night so just a couple of small ones nursey.

I've been looking at Hols for me and the hubs. We had thought about Seychelles, etc but I might like a trip to Dubai in a luxury hotel. Sky scanner is a great app for flight searches btw.
23 Feb 2014, 21:56
Oh wow! Dubai is supposed to be amazing isn't it. Ooh definitely book a holiday there!

Bean :smile:
24 Feb 2014, 15:54
Afternoon @nursebean wow it's quiet around here. I'm home from work and enjoying a cup of tea.
I have had to move my scales. Which is fine but they are reading a lot higher. I don't really know what to do now. According to the reading this morning i was 13 st. Arghhhhhhhh
I got our fat monitors out a school today to make sure they were working for a class and the BMI was 26 and Fat percentage was 37. Which is a bit comforting as that's what my scales said It was. So do I re asses my Easter goal and alter all my info to the new weight or give it a few days to settle? Am I I just fooling myself! ,!!! People can't believe my weight when I tell them as I don't look it and they think I'm a size 12. I wish.

So it's a fasting day again and I'm doing ok. Had a mug of homemade tomato and lentil soup at 1. Which is very low cal. I'm having baked aubergine moussaka type thing for dinner early as have class at 6.30.

What's your day been like and what's for din dins ?
Have you dyed your hair yet?
24 Feb 2014, 16:29
Good afternoon Oatesy! Oh no, I don't believe you can be 13 stone...you've been so good. How old are your scales? Don't forget, though that muscles weigh, so if you've been doing body building that'll weigh a bit! Don't panic, though. I myself am 3 lbs heavier than I was yesterday! Dedicorous isn't it? If I'm right, tomorrow I should be 2 pounds lighter and then when I come to do my weekly weigh, I'll be a pound lighter! That's the theory ;)

What a wonderful morning I had. The sun was shining and I even spotted a huge bumble bee. Is Spring really here?! I just find it incredible how much a bit of sunshine boosts your soul. I was able to walk the girls for not 39, not 40 or even 50 but 70 whole minutes (I've probably overdone it but we'll see ;) ). It was actually warm out and I felt good today.

D'you know, it's so strange. When it's a fast day I am really strong-willed and never give in (well, just the once but that was when I tried eating earlier!) but on feast days I give in and end up eating two bowls if cereal...weird or what? Anyway, tonight I'm having a moussaka with sprouts and broccoli...can't wait! What are you having tonight? Have you got any calories left? ;)

How was your first day back?

Bean :starving:
24 Feb 2014, 16:43
Gosh, you two are the busiest, beaniest buddies I ever did see!
24 Feb 2014, 16:50
It was lovely going back to work, fasting is much easier for me when at work. I had a text from Madcatlady too, she was heading down to Brighton with work, and she did say on Friday that she was staying in a hotel with her boss and wasn't sure if he'd expect them to eat together so may not be able to fast.

I'm having my special fast day moussaka (what a coincidence) is yours a M&S one, how many cals in it mine comes out at about 250cals. just made it, will pop in the oven just before 5 so it can go down before class.
I am a bit tired, but class will wake me up. I will have had 362 cals today, will be burning about 500 later. So I've got a few left for a treat later. I'm allowed 576 but will prob not have them all.
24 Feb 2014, 16:59
PennyForthem wrote: Gosh, you two are the busiest, beaniest buddies I ever did see!

Ha ha apparently it's always quiet at work when I'm not there.
Busy, chatty. Laughy, that's me.
@nursebean you seem to be getting more energetic as the weeks have passed by. Is it usually like that, or are you improving, or is it the sun, or what?
24 Feb 2014, 17:15
Ha ha how strange is that? Especially as we did the same last wee with lasagne didn't we! Spooky! How did you guess? But yes I have just eaten an M&S Moussaka...delicious! I added six sprouts and some broccoli. The moussaka came to 280 calories. Is yours a vegetarian moussaka with aubergines? Mine was tasty, but I bet yours was better ;)

ME is such a weird thing. You have bad days and good days. Lately I've been on a bad patch but the last couple of days the aches have not been quite as bad. Today, though, was the best day. Walking the girls was just fabulous! Here's to more sunny days!

Enjoy your exercise class

Bean :starving: xx
24 Feb 2014, 18:09
@carieoates I've always weighed heavy for my size too. Great looks wise but a right PITA when it came to doing weight watchers. I never did make their 'gold' member status as I had to be within the healthy bmi scale. I was never closer than half a stone away from the very top end of the range, despite wearing size 10/12 clothes :frown:

I currently weigh 12st 4 and wear a size 12, sometimes a 14. I'm 5'4 tall and wear a 6.5 shoe, a medium glove, so not a petite build. It's not all muscle either, as I don't weight train and I don't run very much really either. On the plus side, apparently it may mean very dense, healthy ones, so let's not complain too much.
24 Feb 2014, 19:20
I guess it's just another example of how weight isn't actually as important as how you feel and your dress size. That's why measurements are so important as well as scales! I'm looking forward to being a size 12 one day :wink:

Bean :starving:
25 Feb 2014, 16:18
Hello...
Get home from work and there's no hot water, been playing Mrs plumber. Flicking this switch then that, like I Know what I'm doing.
So we're not fasting today. Yay. I'm doing liver and bacon with.....wait for it....mashed potato, cabbage and carrots..........yummmmmy.

I'm thinking about doing mon, weds, fri again for a while to get this fat a shifting.........I really can't do ADF, like you, you're such a star for doing it my Beany bobs.

Popped to tesco on the way home from work and got a bag of jam donuts, a French stick and some veg crisps. What makes you think that I neeeeed some carbs lol lol :grin: :lol:

I will have a donut, and maybe some of the stick to soak up my gravy. Buy before I eat I'm running!!
25 Feb 2014, 16:28
Winsome wrote: @carieoates I've always weighed heavy for my size too. Great looks wise but a right PITA when it came to doing weight watchers. I never did make their 'gold' member status as I had to be within the healthy bmi scale. I was never closer than half a stone away from the very top end of the range, despite wearing size 10/12 clothes :frown:

I currently weigh 12st 4 and wear a size 12, sometimes a 14. I'm 5'4 tall and wear a 6.5 shoe, a medium glove, so not a petite build. It's not all muscle either, as I don't weight train and I don't run very much really either. On the plus side, apparently it may mean very dense, healthy ones, so let's not complain too much.

@winsome I'm not complaining I'm just so blinkin frustrated. I really don't want to go carbless again. I don't do many anyway. I'm not really sure what's going on to be honest. You never know I might get a big loss just when I'm not expecting it.
25 Feb 2014, 18:02
Well hello my little buddy!

What a nightmare coming home to no hot water! Did you manage to save the day?

So glad you're not fasting either...and your dinner tonight sounds so delicious. You sound like a great kitchen bud...any chance of seeing you on MasterChef this year?!

Well I've had another good day and just managed to get tea (something I haven't done for months!)...ok it was just a Warburton Thin with sweet chilli chicken and salad cream, but I made my mum's too! Doesn't sound like much, but believe me it's really quite amazing and long may it last!?

Just eaten a bowl,of Cheerios and Cornflakes. They're nearly all gone, so no more after that!! :doh:

Bean :smile: :smile:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 148 Next
2209 posts Page 5 of 148