Twelve years a slave - Solomon Northup
7%
Love Nina / Nina Stibbe
7%
The Shock of the Fall / Nathan Filer
7%
Dear Life / Alice Munro (short stories)
7%
A cat, a hat and a piece of string / Joanne Harris (short stories)
13%
The Goldfinch / Donna Tartt
20%
Dissolution / C J Sansom
No votes
Total votes : 15

Hello :) Thank you for tagging me. I haven't been on here for a little while, but the email to tell me you tagged has got me back!
Yes, I did enjoy The Rosie Project and also liked both characters very much. I finished the 100 year old man a while ago but it wasn't really a book I enjoyed - after about a third I did get fed up, but ploughed on and was pleased to finish!
I'm off to post some more...!
Hiiii @Doodle! So glad we've got you back! X
I've recently read Big Brother by Lionel Shriver. Very well written as you would expect from her but also with a lot to say about peoples relationship with food and their body image which I think would be of interest to people on this forum
Oh thats interesting @Lil must look out for that
Loved her we need to talk about kevin book..
Was confused the whole way thru tho,coz assumed Lionel was a man,and kept thinking..
This book feels like it was written by a woman! X
Yes, The Rosie Project was great! I did not enjoy the 100 year old man, but forced myself to finish (sometimes skimming through parts.) I have read a bunch of books this summer. I've enjoyed

This is Where I Leave You - Jonathan Tropper - very funny and coming out as a movie.
One Plus One - JoJo Moyes (good but not as good as her Me Before You)
Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Book Store - Robin Sloan (about books and computers, so for me it was great!)

Right now I'm reading Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Coast Trail - Cheryl Strayed and I am enjoying it.

Maybe instead of the Book Club, we should just have a book lovers tent!
I'm trying to read Jaws. Well, I say trying...I've added it on my "to read next" pile. Its in my cupboard ready! Its just that I love the film (its one of my faves) but I understand that actual book is quite different to the film...so I'm intrigued.

Must get my reading head on...but I keep thinking of Funkos

:bugeyes:
I didn't read it as part of the bookclub, but I absolutely loved the 100 year old man! You have to be prepared to suspend disbelief a little of course...so not to everyone's taste!
Have you read Goldfinch? I thought the first two-thirds or so was great, but didn't enjoy the last bit at all. But it seems to get nothing but good reviews.
I like people recommending books they've read, keep doing it please!
Annurca - It wasn't the unrealistic-ness of the book that bothered me, I just found it incredibly boring!!

I did read the Goldfinch and agree that it started out great and then not so great at the end. I've heard other people say that as well!
@cblasz You cheer me up about Goldfinch; I'm no longer the only one who didn't love it all!
I also enjoyed the 100 year old man. I thought asyou could see the theme emerging it was clever how he kept it going. A while since I read it but I seem to remember all the loose ends being nicely tied up.
I'm currently reading Little Lies by Liane Moriarty and it mentions the 5:2 diet! How cool!! :)
@cblasz that IS very cool!
Ive just read The Storyteller by Jodie Picoult ..quite harrowing as part of it is an account of life in a concentration camp...but a very intricate plot...amazes me how authors pull all the strands together by the end..
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
117 posts Page 8 of 8