Twelve years a slave - Solomon Northup
7%
Love Nina / Nina Stibbe
7%
The Shock of the Fall / Nathan Filer
7%
Dear Life / Alice Munro (short stories)
7%
A cat, a hat and a piece of string / Joanne Harris (short stories)
13%
The Goldfinch / Donna Tartt
20%
Dissolution / C J Sansom
No votes
Total votes : 15

I read it some time ago and agree with Ballerina.
Sorry SD and everyone ..i havent been well nuff to go to the library for this book..
The old man will have got out of the window and legged it over the fields by now so i might just join in next months choice x
It's not a very long book, you might still be able to get it in. I'm reading it. I'm about halfway through.
Oh I've just realised I haven't started it yet. Must get on.

Bean :starving: :geek:
CM and Bean: I wouldn't worry if I were you - I'm still on the Rosie Project ... :shock: :wink:
I think the Rosie book sounds really good,think will order it when i order The Old Man x
I really liked The Rosie Project. Also a quick read!
I am not in reading club but I read 100 year old man last year and thought it was fantastic I laughed out loud often.
How cool, the small state I live in, Connecticut, is mentioned in the book!!
You're not in it as well are you @cblasz?!

Bean :geek: :confused:
Nope, just my state. But, considering the book is mostly set in Switzerland and my state is the 3rd smallest in the U.S. I thought it was pretty cool! :geek:
Oh wow yes that is pretty cool isn't it!

Bean :cool:
Is anyone else reading this book? I'm actually having a bit of a hard time getting through it!
I read it some time ago. I enjoyed it-thought it was an interesting take on history-even if it was totally unbelievable and weird in parts , but I thought the weird bits stopped it being too heavy going.
cblasz wrote: Nope, just my state. But, considering the book is mostly set in Switzerland and my state is the 3rd smallest in the U.S. I thought it was pretty cool! :geek:

Are you sure it's Switzerland and not Sweden? Maybe something got lost in translation, I haven't read the english version so I don't know what it says there. :smile:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
117 posts Page 5 of 8