Twelve years a slave - Solomon Northup
7%
Love Nina / Nina Stibbe
7%
The Shock of the Fall / Nathan Filer
7%
Dear Life / Alice Munro (short stories)
7%
A cat, a hat and a piece of string / Joanne Harris (short stories)
13%
The Goldfinch / Donna Tartt
20%
Dissolution / C J Sansom
No votes
Total votes : 15

You are right Sweden! I was confused! (you know they both start with Sw!) :)
cblasz wrote: You are right Sweden! I was confused! (you know they both start with Sw!) :)

Yes, it's a common mix-up. As a Swede I have heard it before :lol:

I've almost been to Connecticut! I rode a greyhound bus between Boston and New York, but I guess just being on a bus doesn't actually count. :geek:
Oh dear @cblasz is it THAT bad? I must confess I haven't started it yet :confused:

Bean :starving:
No it's not that bad! Weird in many ways but an interesting alternate view on history- is the best way I can describe it. I am not keen on fiction but I actually finished this one.
It's not THAT bad, but I'm just having a hard time getting into it I guess. I find some of it a little boring. I'll keep at it though. Maybe it will pick up!

Very cool @Kajsa! I would say that counts, you could see if from the windows! Pretty much - what you see is what you get! It's not the most exciting state - pretty, but not overly exciting! :smile:
Let me put it this way - The Goldfinch was 800 pages and I finished it in
3 weeks. This one is closer to 400 and after 2.5 weeks I'm not even halfway through the book yet!
Oh ok so The Goldfinch is pretty good then huh?

Bean :starving:
It certainly kept me captivated! :)
I read this some time ago and really enjoyed it. It was a bit contrived but I found it fun to guess how each 'episode' was going to evolve. Another reason I enjoyed it was because it reminded me of my Dad. He was 5'5" and of slight build. He died just over 10 years ago at the age of 90. A couple of years before he died he was sent for some cardiac rehab. He was telling me how much he enjoyed the gym. As he was not particularly sporty I asked him what he wore on his feet to the gym to which he answered 'my slippers'. So from the start of the book my mental picture of the main character was of Dad!
I havent even got it yet,never mind read it..Might just wait to see next month's choice. X
Just finished a book that gripped me from start to finish
About a girl who goes missing,written from her best friend's point of view
Quite dark but i really enjoyed it
Called The end of Everything by Megan Abbott x
Still on The Rosie Project too!
I really want to read that one@Jazzbird
I really liked the Rosie Project. Read that one in a few days. Still working on the 100 year old man. I had to renew it from the library. But, I think I'm past halfway now! :)
Are we going to choose a new book for April? I am currently reading Life after Life by Kate Atkinson for my other book club which I am enjoying. I also have The Rosie Project to read for a book evening for a women's group I belong to
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
117 posts Page 6 of 8