Twelve years a slave - Solomon Northup
7%
Love Nina / Nina Stibbe
7%
The Shock of the Fall / Nathan Filer
7%
Dear Life / Alice Munro (short stories)
7%
A cat, a hat and a piece of string / Joanne Harris (short stories)
13%
The Goldfinch / Donna Tartt
20%
Dissolution / C J Sansom
No votes
Total votes : 15

Still haven't started 100 year old man yet...sorry!

Bean :shock:
For goodness sake Beanie Bobs, get on with it, it shouldn't take a hundred years to read it even though it's beginning to seem that way,
:lol:
Ballerina x :heart:
Hee hee you're not wrong there Beanarilla :wink: Right, ok, so I've got a couple more March days left...better get on with it. Hope it's worth it :confused:

Bean :geek:
I still havent even got a copy..the old man took it with him when he climbed out of the window! :lol: :grin: :lol:
:grin: :grin: :lol: :lol:

Oh you've spoiled the ending now Candy

Bean :shock:
Beanibops and CM - I have a confession to make. I have not read them either :shock: and that,s the last two, no three books :shock: :shock: :shock: as life has just got in the way :curse: so anybody feeling bad about not catching up, well I am badder :lol: :wink:
Silverdarling wrote: Beanibops and CM - I have a confession to make. I have not read them either :shock: and that,s the last two, no three books :shock: :shock: :shock: as life has just got in the way :curse: so anybody feeling bad about not catching up, well I am badder :lol: :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

SD I am SO shocked at you, our own librarian extraordinaire, :geek: organiser par excellence, :geek: quiz Meister sans comparison :geek: of our book club and you are NOT READING THE BOOKS????? Shame on you, go straight to the naughty step, do not pass go, do NOT collect £200 and feel ashamed, yes, ashamed of yourself...... :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
Here's another shocker- even though I'm Swedish I haven't read 100 yr man....many at work actually say the movie is way more better than the book. But if you want to read a truly wonderful book, you should pre-order the translated "A man called Ove" (think it will be released in June or July) - it's the best Swedish book I have read in a long time.

Right now I'm reading The Goldfinch and oh my it is solo flipping good. I'm so happy it's over 700 pages, then it will last some days more :smile:

Now I will go out in the green house !!
@Wolfie, there's a movie, loved the book, would like to see the movie.
Wineoclock wrote: @Wolfie, there's a movie, loved the book, would like to see the movie.

The 100yr man is a Swedish movie with the comedian Robert Gustafsson in the lead. I don't think I ever would see a film out of A man called Ove, the book is way to good.
Still struggling to get through this one. Any thoughts on an April book?
I enjoyed The Rosie Project tremendously, and I began the 100 year old man yesterday. I'm not fast, but I'm doing my best :)

Thank you for all the suggestions - I have certainly broadened my reading through your ideas.
I finally got through the 100 year old man! Anyone reading anything good now?
I've just read Life after Life by Kate Atkinson - a pretty amazing book. There is a lot of historical detail about WW2 in Europe in it so perhaps not quite so much interest for US readers but I would still highly recommend
I' m reading The Rosie Project at t he moment,which i see @Doodleand@cblasz both enjoyed..me too..have only a little left to read..dont want it to end as i like both Don and Rosie so much...have just come to a bit i didnt see coming! Will say no more as dont want to spoil it for new readers!x
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
117 posts Page 7 of 8