The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 2 of 61
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61 Next
My fasting buddy @rawkaren is working VERY hard at the moment so I shall be posting alone 'til she's ready & has bought some scales! :heart:

I had a lovely surprise this morning and found the scales had shifted to 56.7k! Just got to keep in the 56k zone now for a while. Onwards and downwards.
Good luck buddy teams! :clover:
@Brand-ie I'm just plateauing at the moment. After 45lbs lost I should think my body has decided enough is enough for a while. Well not a full plateau, I still seem to lose about a pound a month. I was hoping that a 2 day back to back with a 16:8 afterwards would kick start something, but I actually put on 1 lb. Probably water as I only had 1000 kcals in 54 hours so it couldn't be fat. I will see what happens after the next fast. I so want to lose an extra 30lbs before my surgery, to really get me into a safe size for having the surgery and to make the recovery easier.

What are you up to today and what are you eating?
Morning fasters and fasting buddy @auriga. I'm fasting today. I need a good distraction from my new office. They like to be 'agile', but I tell them that headless chickens are agile..... If I get time in between I'm going on line to see if I can get prices for a Withings.... I have no scale here.
rawkaren wrote: Morning fasters and fasting buddy @auriga. I'm fasting today. I need a good distraction from my new office. They like to be 'agile', but I tell them that headless chickens are agile..... If I get time in between I'm going on line to see if I can get prices for a Withings.... I have no scale here.

I don't suppose you can get yourself weighed in a pharmacy in good old Walnut Creek?
Amazon.com do the Withings Body-analyser Scale at $150 Karen....slightly cheaper than UK.
nursebean wrote: Hey @Carieoates you shouldn't be counting calories on your birthday! Sorry, struggling a bit with energy levels today so I expect you're already out having your delicious meal!! Hope you don't/didn't count calories then!

Hope you're having a great birthday today. I've eaten some of my birthday coffee cake today just for you :-)

Bean :cake:

Hello @nursebeanI thought you were quiet. Hope you are feeling better today.

I had a great birthday, only overindulgence was alcohol. Had grilled chicken and chips then a very rich sweet pud and an Irish coffee. This was interspersed with too much fizz and also some red wine. I'm going to class tonight as I'm not over tired and I miss my mates and they miss me too (so they say)

So today is a regular food day and I'm afraid I've still got some chocolates to finish off.
I'm not a big cake eater and certainly not coffee cake. :frown: so fill your boots. Actually no don't.

I'm just so used to keeping an eye on my cal consumption, really don't realise I'm doing it anymore. Been home from work about half an hour and I'm Thinking about my chocolates sitting there, Don't know what we're having for dinner tonight. Going to be early whatever it is as I'm going to class at 7.
@Julieathome Sorry to hear you are plateauing. That must be hard but a loss is a loss. Do you think your body is just catching up a bit with your eating?

Today I am making quiche for tea which is a bit of a nightmare trying to get it low cal ( would never be able to eat it on a fast day) and we are going to have some wedges made from sweet potato, butternut squash, celeriac ( I have never cooked this or eaten it before so should be interesting), carrots and normal potato mixed in a bit of crushed garlic. Hopefully it will be nice.
I have decided what to do with the thorntons chocolate santa my SIL gave me for christmas ( she didn't know I was going to start changing my eating habits) I am going to melt it down and make crispy cakes with the kids next week in half term. Put the recipe into MFP and it's about 100 cals per potion.
I have actually lost a whole stone in weight now so very happy about that.The weather is so yukky here glad to be in.
I've just calculated my calories for today and come under my TDEE and that includes the slice of Chocolate and beetroot cake I had as a midafternoon snack. Most of the time I tend to feel guilty about having 'treats' but when I add them all up I am invariably lower than my TDEE.

I don't like the MFP food counter as it doesn't give enough options. The calculator I use has for example. Apple - Large, medium, small, ounces, grams. Not just apple 80 grams or multiples of 1 gram. Or for instance butter, block, pat (restaurant single portion size) Tablespoon, teaspoon, grams. And you can adjust it to be a part of said size, so half a teaspoon, quarter of a large apple. Its much more precise and it gives you the option of eyeballing the item if you haven't got a set of scales in your handbag.
Hi @pennyforthem and @callyanna how's it going? How was your lunch PFT? hope you're having a light meal tonight :grin:

16:8 for me today, smoked salmon salad and soup for lunch. Chicken stir fry with salad for dinner. Full to the brim now. As usual I weighed myself this morning. 9st on the nose. Can't believe I have maintained that for 9 days now, dipping to 8st 13lb two days running. Fasting tomorrow, so let's see what happens.
Light meal tonight @wendy darling ? No, goulash with beany mash and some edamame beans. I shall fast tomorrw. What about you and callyanna?
Hi @Wendy Darlingand @PennyForthem! My usual 16;8 (prob more 14:10 actually today),routine too so no brekkie apart from tea and a coffee mid morning. Light early lunch of cottage cheese and salad in a wholemeal pita bread before an hour's aquacize class followed by zumba toning! Was really hungry afterwards so had a dish of soyamilk with chia seeds and cocoa when I came home. Then for dinner some turkey mince/chorizo topped with mashed celeriac and swede. Will probably have some blueberries and Greek yogurt at 9 ish. Not feeling the need to fast at the moment as I've dropped to 6st 10 so don't want to go any lower!
Oh chocolate and beetroot cake sounds lovely Julieathome. I have heard of it but never had it. Is it easy to cook?
I saved your celeriac beany mash recipe yesterday @pennyforthem might give it a go tomorrow. I saw after I posted above that you had made goulash this morning. Just right for this miserable weather. You are so energetic @callyannaNo wonder you don't need to fast. Like the idea of the turkey mince and chorizo. I will have to tackle the celeriac tomorrow otherwise I will feel like the odd one out. Night night x
@Brand-ie it was, apart from the mess of puree'ing the beetroot. If I do one again I will be just grating the cooked beetroot, I think it will work just as well and be less 'faff' as my Gran used to say. The rest is normal cake making methods. It also seems to be pretty forgiving of substitutions. Its supposed to be gluten free but I didn't have enough ground almonds, so I part substituted ordinary flours and not enough cocoa powder, so added extra chocolate chips, it still worked remarkably well.
Tomorrow, buddy friends @wendy darling and @callyanna I will have lentil salad. Shall post recipe tomorrow. My tum needs a rest after today...
Hello there buddy @juliana.rivers. Still not fasting but just thought I'd check up on you and make sure you were doing ok.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 2 of 61