The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 3 of 61
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 61 Next
rawkaren wrote: Morning fasters and fasting buddy @auriga. I'm fasting today. I need a good distraction from my new office. They like to be 'agile', but I tell them that headless chickens are agile..... If I get time in between I'm going on line to see if I can get prices for a Withings.... I have no scale here.

@rawkaren - this made me laugh: we could do with a bit of 'agility' over here - more than 2 months since review and interviews, new posts etc, and still waiting for first new team meeting ... :shock:
Debs wrote: Hello there buddy @juliana.rivers. Still not fasting but just thought I'd check up on you and make sure you were doing ok.

Hey @Debs... thanks for checking up on me. i love this as i feel i have a Personal friend to keep me on track. im ok though last 10 daily results are a bit less than good. lowest i saw was 70.2 and highest was 71.3 and my libra trend is like 70.7 so i have 7 ticks to go till i feel satisfied.

yes yes yes i know wheres the treadmill. its a bit embarrasing but as this is a confession box i havent pulled it out of storage yet. Work commitments is my excuse and im sticking to it. every weekend on a saturday i try and ever saturday i fail.

but i think i can muster up the courage to try again this weekend as i feel a bit more "movement" would help. I stopped resistance band work as my little muscle tendon problem is still there.

fasting wise, i think i should be more strict on fast days and start counting calories again. just in case im going over. my latest craving is Crystallised ginger. i know too much of teh evil S word but only on a feast day.

hope you are well Debs. its going to be action station next week for you right?
Does anyone else love eavesdropping on peoples conversations. i must be evil. :grin:
Hey there,
GET THAT TREDDIE DOWN IMMEDIATELY :lol: :lol:
There, does that help at all?!

Yep, onto it next week; I fly back to work Monday and will be fasting Tuesday onwards. I shall still be doing ADF and hoping that this week off will have helped a bit. I am not sure that weighing daily is good for me as I tend to get a bit peed off quite easily, especially as the last couple of weeks I seemed to be going nowhere fast, even with the three day fast. I haven't decided what to do yet, as I can't really moderate my eating that much doing ADF.

I am going to try and get a bit more exercise in though. I have resistance bands in my room and will try and do a bit more HIT if I'm not too exhausted.

Lurv crystallised ginger!
@auriga. Trying again to fast on Thursday. Today I had chicken salad for lunch, but then I ended up eating a protein bar, some M&M's which took me way over fast day calories. Tonight was lentil soup and warmed almond milk with cinnamon. I ordered my scales today........
Debs wrote: Hey there,
GET THAT TREDDIE DOWN IMMEDIATELY :lol: :lol:
There, does that help at all?!

Yep, onto it next week; I fly back to work Monday and will be fasting Tuesday onwards. I shall still be doing ADF and hoping that this week off will have helped a bit. I am not sure that weighing daily is good for me as I tend to get a bit peed off quite easily, especially as the last couple of weeks I seemed to be going nowhere fast, even with the three day fast. I haven't decided what to do yet, as I can't really moderate my eating that much doing ADF.

I am going to try and get a bit more exercise in though. I have resistance bands in my room and will try and do a bit more HIT if I'm not too exhausted.

Lurv crystallised ginger!

good to hear your plans @Debs

i only just discovered crystallised ginger. this one is from an Indian store and i know it sounds crazy but its sooooo strong its almost like chilli

and the DO IT FROM SCRATCH girl has already looked up how to make it by yourself which ill go and try (after the TREDDIE GETS BACK IN.. i spend way too much time on "food foraging" on a Saturday. and then cooking.
Sorry @Carieoates blimey, a lot happens when your back's turned! How was your class last night? Surely you must have burned off your birthday pud...and all those scrummy extras! So, if I'm right, you're fasting today? It's my mum's birthday today so we're having another meal out. I worked it out well which meant it didn't fall on a fast day ;).

Yesterday I realised I'm probably eating too many carbs in a day. I'll probably not worry too much about it today but from tomorrow I'm going to try to be more careful. It's funny because it wasn't that long ago when I was on the Dukan diet and lost a fair amount. But, of course, it just wasn't sustainable so all that hard work (and it was hard at times) was shattered when the weight came back...and some! Anyway, what I was trying to say is that I should know about the dangers of overeating carbs. Maybe I'm in denial but I'm now a new member of the low carbers' tent! :-)

Hope your fast goes well today. What have you got planned?

Bean :smile:
@nursebean I'm at work, leaning on a photocopier printing off yr 10 mocks yawn.
I am fasting today. Then in the morning I will decide what to set my easter goal at. Aubergine bake tonight. Yes I was a dukaneer too. Good loss but not sustainable. It put me off eggs for ages. I think your main prob is the cereal. Perhaps as buddies we could eat the same.!! Now that would be a good experiment.

How's the low carb going and are you still ADF ing ?
Hi @rawkaren, which scales did you order???? :victory:
Hi @cblasz :)
Glad to hear that swapping your fast days worked ok for you. I also have those days where I end up having just a little something extra later in the evening. Have you thought about saving a few cals for something later - eg 50cals for a square of dark choc (tho I do prefer and will have milk choc sometimes...!). I find that sometimes I do "need" something sweet just prior to bedtime to help me settle.
Even if you don't save the cals, going over by 50 once in a while probably won't matter - unless it is the start of a slippery slope (and you'd know about those, being a skier!). I did find that after a few months of this WOL I was starting to regularly exceed fast day cals. Then I discovered the forums, which gave me the motivation to get back on track. I feel that not exceeding the fast day allowance did help ensure the continued weight loss.
As for today, I have broken my fasting-without-eating period a little earlier than usual for me on a fast day - normally I can make it to dinner time without eating, but at 3pm I had some porridge with a little honey. I had kept myself busy up til then, but I was starting to get a headache despite lots of water and black tea being drunk (and I am not a headache sufferer), so I thought some food was in order.
I have started having porridge with water, not milk, the last couple of days, as I have noted that many on the forum swear by it for helping keep hunger at bay. So far it has worked - both days I did not exceed my TDEE, whereas since being on maintenance I generally had been on non-fast days. If this continues to work, I may only need one fast a week - or maybe just 16:8. Will see how it goes.
Have a wonderful SAFE time skiing! :D It's hard to imagine snow with all the hot weather we have had. I have decided I don't mind the heat, but we could desperately do with rain - parts of the garden (which we don't water) are looking rather sad. :( Lucky Adelaide has had rain at last - my mum is very glad as her garden is one of the things that keeps her going.
Okay, that'll do from me! :)
Hi fasting buds!

Oh I like the idea of eating the same @Carieoates but not sure how easy that would be!! I think, somewhere (yesterday was a haze) @PennyForthem explained that just my little bowl of Shreddies and cornflakes came to something like 69 carbs...that was just breakfast! Oh dear, I'm not doing too well on the low carb thing. I know you're not really having breakfasts are you, so that's a bit tricky. I was thinking of maybe having a boiled egg one day and a bowl of oats that Dukan used to recommend. I dunno...it's a work in progress!

Hope you have a good day today...despite this awful weather!

Bean :starving:
How about scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. You only need a little bit of the salmon. Or sliced ham.
But yes I remember having natural yoghurt with oat bran sprinkled on top.
I'm home today, don't work Fridays. And its half term next week yipeeeee
Going to waitrose to get a fancy desert for tonight, the off to class, so will check back in later with my valentines weigh in, just before I break my fast. Hoping for 12.8 then I would have lost Xmas and op weight.
Ooh yes that sounds good (especially in a fast day!)

Glad you've got today off! I didn't realise it is half term next week. Hope the weather gets better for you all. Enjoy your class. What is it today? Zumba?

I'll probably spend the morning in bed. I'm going to exercise my eyes by attempting to finish The Luminaries!

Good luck with your weigh-in later today

Bean :wink: :starving:
Hi @Sassy1 - glad your fast went well, especially with it being Valentine's Day and all. I know a lot of people talk about not eating in the morning and saving all their calories for at night, but I just don't know if I can do it. I really feel like I need breakfast to get through the day. Someday I might try it. I usually do save a few calories and I recently bought some 25 calorie hot cocoa which helps. But, I often just feel REALLY hungry right after dinner. It seems to be worse the 2nd fast day. But, I will keep working at it and at some point I might try skipping breakfast and seeing how that goes. I do find that I am not as hungry on feast days, so I'm usually below my TDEE on those days!

We have has SO much snow and it has been extremely cold, so the exact opposite of you! I don't mind the snow, but bitter cold has been a drag. It looks like it's supposed to snow again on Sat. I hope it doesn't interfere with my ski trip!!

Have a great feast day today!
cblasz wrote: Hi @Sassy1 - glad your fast went well, especially with it being Valentine's Day and all. I know a lot of people talk about not eating in the morning and saving all their calories for at night, but I just don't know if I can do it. I really feel like I need breakfast to get through the day. Someday I might try it. I usually do save a few calories and I recently bought some 25 calorie hot cocoa which helps. But, I often just feel REALLY hungry right after dinner. It seems to be worse the 2nd fast day. But, I will keep working at it and at some point I might try skipping breakfast and seeing how that goes. I do find that I am not as hungry on feast days, so I'm usually below my TDEE on those days!

We have has SO much snow and it has been extremely cold, so the exact opposite of you! I don't mind the snow, but bitter cold has been a drag. It looks like it's supposed to snow again on Sat. I hope it doesn't interfere with my ski trip!!

Have a great feast day today!

Thank you for posting here.

It's amazing how the tone of the conversation when people are talking to their buddies is so much more a two-way and friendly and open and honest chat... just like one would have if you met a fellow faster at the cafe or on a train.. quite different to the way that we might post to the forum. And I really think it really gives us all a great insight to some of the people on the forum taking this journey

so thank you OP for setting up this thread.. ahh that was me. lol
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 3 of 61