The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

364 posts Page 21 of 25
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 Next
I might have another go at my wardrobe today. Got a fair few much loved shirts that are shapeless now and considering that I have no shape, I go straight up and down with a pot belly, I need shape enhancing fitted stuff. No empire line for me I'm afraid. Oh dear me no! Darts, darts and more darts. Can't get enough of them
Yes we need to wear clothes which fit our bodies. Showcase the good bits, lift up the saggy bits and skim over the not so good bits.

Was out last night and saw some horrific sights. Young girls with very short, very tight dresses on. Unfortunately they weren't wearing the right underwear either, There were four of us who go to classes together, all in our late thirties-mid forties with much much better bodies than we were having to endure. I'm not joking when I say that we wanted to tell them to get some weight off and do some exercise. It was a great laugh, and people watching was hilarious.
Oh I hate that, when you see overweight young girls with too tight, too short, too low huggers on. Do they not have a look before they go out or do they think they look good? I'm all for a bit of healthy weight but I wish they would wear something that enhances the figure, not something that makes them look like sausagemeat being squeezed out of it's skin. I blame the manufacturers, they cut everything so small to save money.
I also feel very sad when I see overweight young lasses but not just because of how they look but more because they are probably storing up health problems for when they are older and it is so easy to avoid excess weight when you are young, it gets so much harder when you get older

Ballerina x :heart:
Oops,we seem to have got off the decluttering topic but I think that, sadly, being overweight and oozing out of your (unsuitable) clothes is becoming the norm amongst some sectors of society, thus reinforcing the idea that it's OK to carry an unhealthy amount of surplus weight! Surely these girls just can't be so deluded that they look in the mirror and think that they look great?
I have decluttered the shoe chest this morning and put all the sandals upstairs for the autumn/winter. I have also disposed of several pairs of my husbands shoes but, sshh, don't tell him! :smile:
StowgateResident wrote: I have also disposed of several pairs of my husbands shoes but, sshh, don't tell him! :smile:

Not sure if that is naughty or brave :shock: :lol: I did remove from my wardrobe one of the many pairs of black trousers which I no longer wear. The pile for the charity shop is taking over the spare bedroom, I'm sure there is more there than in the wardrobe now. A small price to pay but sometimes it hurts to throw out something you love, I mean really love, not like husband or anything but something that always made you feel good when you looked at it, so...........definitely NOT like a husband :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
Just wanted to post here that I am intending to have a good declutter here this weekend - having a cleaner has made me realise how much "stuff" we have around the place that serves no purpose so it will be bin/bag/find a new home this weekend - will let you know how it goes!
@Madatlady good luck with your de-cluttering, even though I did loads in August you have reminded there is still a lot left to do. If I can find time this weekend I will tuck in and do a bit.
Happy decluttering everyone!
Going to have a good rejig of stuff this avvo
DD & SIL living here at the mo and things can quickly become a mess
So while theyre out, going to spend an hour re- sorting things then a welcome nap as not much kip last night :curse:
Just gone thru two rails of tops,teeshirts and jumpers
..about eighty items,around fifty of which don't fit or look bad coz of my lumpy /bumpiness.(And haven't counted the clothes that are in suitcases/ bags)
So,at least fifty reasons why i will stick with 5:2... Coz most of them are too nice to throw out/ give away. :smile:
CandiceMarie wrote: Just gone thru two rails of tops,teeshirts and jumpers
..about eighty items,around fifty of which don't fit or look bad coz of my lumpy /bumpiness.(And haven't counted the clothes that are in suitcases/ bags)
So,at least fifty reasons why i will stick with 5:2... Coz most of them are too nice to throw out/ give away. :smile:

Reassured that I'm not the only one with stuff in suitcases! Looking forward to getting some of them out - think I will do that when I hit my next stone (8lb away).
Ebay, all the way. One of my jobs for this week is to get the summer crop trousers out of the wardrobe and into storage as the wardrobe rail is starting to bend alarmingly. Next spring I will drag them out again and I hope to find that not a single one fits in a good way.

We have a brand new shopping precinct in hereford, which means we have joined the 21st century. It also means we have a Debenhams where I was measured and properly fitted and am now officially a 42 bust, having gone down from a 46 originally. Though again the boobs themselves haven't shrunk, so I'm up to an F cup. I also raided hubby's card and am now the proud owner of my very first t'shirt bra (padded cups anyone) which is so comfortable I don't even feel that its on.
Goodness gracious, I just discovered this tent.
I am slightly obsessive or in positive terms minimalistic. Can't stand having lots of things. I sort through all my cupboards, wardrobes shelves at least three times a year and clear out anything that I haven't used, worn etc for a while (with some exeptions)
Me too@Ieramul i love a good regular declutter..did one yesterday..i like to combine a fast with a declutter! X
Wish I could get some of you over and set you to work in my spare room!

Alas - I know I must tackle it myself!

Thanks for the motivation though

:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 Next
364 posts Page 21 of 25