The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

364 posts Page 20 of 25
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25 Next
Wow, I missed a lot whilst I was cleaning. You all are doing so well. I only managed a couple of drawers cleaned out yesterday, but that is two more than before I started. Hubby and D.D. Are taking some things to the charity shop today, LOTS more to come.
We had stormy weather yesterday so a lot of the time was spent watching the skies.
Lizbean, so I'm not the only vertically challenged lady here. LOL. The "dress" is lovely, I hope you will share pictures when you get all gussied up.
Hope everyone is having a great day. Phyllis
Well done Phyl @MountainMyst!
And i love some of your American expressions! " gussied up" is fab! :lol: xx
Oh, Candy you need to come visit me in Tennessee. You wouldn't know we were speaking the same language sometimes. :-) I'd show you around and teach you to speak southern. LOL phyllis
That sounds like such fun @mountainMyst!
I' m in and out of bed by the minutes tonight needing to pee after my fasting day :yawn: xx
@MountainMyst @CandiceMarie@Silverdarling I'm back! I have lots of pics, but none of me, yet. Forgot to ask others to take a pic of me with my camera. What a great, great day!

Back to the Crouch End deluttering party ............... off to the loft :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: I went for a walk earlier today and mentioned to my friend Isobel that I was entering the loft to declutter. She reminded me I had an embroidery piece her father made back in the 1950's. Long story about why I have that in my loft since the early 90's, but makes me wonder what else I'll find and not recognise :shock: :shock: Here I go :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very large bag of surplus clothes taken to the charity shop on Friday. They were either too large, outdated or hadn't been worn for some time - in some cases - a very long time! There's still a lot of clearing out of wardrobes to do but at least I can actually move the hangers along the rails now!
That's the loft done, not much went - at least I know what's there. Now for under the stairs. I have Tuesday and Wednesday left to get everything in order before leaving town and then returning to work next Monday! :victory: :victory: :victory:
Break time - lot's gone from under the stairs - I now have a huge mountain to go in the hallway. Time to make dinner. Later I'll be in the kitchen cupboards and cupboards in the dressing room! Feel like I'm winning .........
Congratulations, @Lizbean. You are on a roll! :smile:
Thanks very much @stowgateresident - to be honest I am shattered - up and down ladders etc! :bugeyes: but this has to be done before autumn arrives, the light falls etc. The exciting part is we are planning for a new kitchen, bathroom and fresh decs throughout next year.

I have another day of it tomorrow, rest Wednesday and then up to Lancs to visit dear parents till Sat eve.

It's amazing what we can accumulate over time - but never use or need. Good luck with weeding your wardrobe, my wardrobe is sighing with great relief! :like: :clover:
Bean good today, had 3 bags of shoes and a bag of bras (hardly if ever worn) sorted them months ago but hadn't taken them to recycling centre so they were hanging around. Took them just now. Shoes to variety club. Bras to Oxfam. Hope they do someone a good turn even if just raising money by further recycling.
Well done@Wendy Darling!
I am thinking of moving on to a" deep clean" ...most of my decluttering is done now..tho will have a further one when DD moves with Hub to their new house in a few weeks time.
If only the fasting was done with too and the excess weight! :lol:
Ps not really looking forward to a deep clean but hey ho! It's due..x
The girls and I purged every clothing drawer other than undies and pjs at the weekend. We know their summer pjs will all be chucked when it turns properly cold next month. Undies they reviewed before the holidays and socks I purge regularly in the course of doing laundry.

Said girls have grown about four inches upwards (but barely and inch outward) in the last year, so the pile of cast off clothes is pretty big! It isn't properly de-cluttered yet as I want to pack it up for their cousins, but it is sorted into 'pass on' 'charity shop' and 'dusters' . I just haven't had time or energy this week to move them on but I WILL.

Gave away some dressing up clothes yesterday.

As an aside, after a long break, I've started following the fly lady missions again. I now get the 'lite' version of her emails which means you get ONE email a day. Much better. I

The very good news is that so far, I've gone to do the missions and have realised that hey, either it was a very easy task or didn't need doing at all - because some of the good habits she encourages have stuck. My under sink cupboard didn't contain anything I should throw out and was very tidy. I did under the utility sink too - same story! The Tupperware cupboard was purged a few weeks ago, and the larder cupboards recently as well. Am off to wipe down my big appliances now.
Good work Winny@Winsome!
I might bring fly lady back into my life if i can have a " one email a day version" ..i unsubscribed coz of the sheer volume of her daily mails!
Oh if only we could grow four inches up but not wide! *sigh*...My life wd feel a whole lot easier! X
Ps off to do a spot of decluttering/ tidying/ sorting to make me forget about food til this evening! X
Just been looking through my autumn winter clothes. Not ready to get them all out yet, too much black and grey when the sun is still shining this afternoon. Have binned a couple of once loved and well worn wrap dresses which I can still make fit (gotta love a wrap dress when your size fluctuates) even though they are a bit big. They've had their day, I've had good wear and they either look past their best or don't make me feel great any more. Classic is good but some things I've been wearing every winter for five years or more and I'm bored rigid. One or two things I've put away because they ARE lovely and maybe a season off duty will make me want to wear them again.

Cleaned out my car ready for a good wash and vac at the weekend.

@candicemarie it is unfortunately true that my girls take after their father - build wise. I've NEVER been long and lean like they are. Not skinny, just lean. Their legs will be the envy of their friends, but they got my blonde curly hair and fair but 'goes nicely golden in the sun' skin so the really did get the best of both of us. At nearly ten year of age, their jeans are nearly as long as mine :cry: It's fair to say they get good wear out of their clothes; we've just chucked out the denim skater skirts that I customised for them... Age 3-4! They are only just too snug in the waist and yet they are wearing age 11-12 tights for the length :shock:
Previous 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25 Next
364 posts Page 20 of 25