The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

364 posts Page 18 of 25
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 25 Next
Seems like everyone is going great guns at the moment! Well done folks.

The girls and I have continued our room by room chuck out. The craft room has been overhauled - bags of old school work sorted, smiled over and pruned down the only the best bits AND those filed neatly. Surfaces cleared. They purged lots of craft kits that were gifts and either not to their taste (they much prefer doing their own thing) or outgrown. Likewise sticker books, craft books aimed at younger children. My stuff was in pretty good order as I purged a few months ago, but I did get rid of a lot of paperwork as I also use the desk for home admin.

Down at the beach hut (which is looking good) we've ditched an old inflatable dinghy, the oars, some outgrown child-size folding chairs, broken buskets, old picnic rugs and all the old cans of paint from the previous colour scheme. I was also very strong about not bringing in clutter; mil bought me some bunting as it took her fancy. Now, bear in mind that she was at the beach last week admiring the new pink, red and white colour scheme... so this bunting is navy. I thanked her and said I would put it up at home instead, which I have. She seemed a bit put out BUT DD1 tells me that she has tried to tell her gran at the time of purchase that I wasn't going to want it at the hut.
Spent most of the day decluttering virtually - got rid of a lot of old files on my work PC - some back to 2004! Much needed as I'd got the dreaded message that only 1% of space left on my Allwork :lol: :victory:
Oh decluttering tenters! Hello! I had a great de-clutter today. I did the 15 minutes, 3 boxes method and I cleaned out a junky room. There is more to do in there, but I made a start. We have a visitor coming to stay this Tuesday and I had to make the room inhabitable. Tomorrow I can vacuum and clean the walls which are mouldy!!! Another day I will declutter the cupboard in that room. I have had a bit of a break from de-cluttering but now I feel all inspired and ready to get into it. The wonderful thing is that as I work through cupboards there are now places to put things. Having done the linen press and labelled the shelves, it makes it easier. I have a vision of a tidy house! On the horizon is my material box. Oh no!
@sallyo absolutely thrilled and delighted that you have a linen PRESS. I thought it was only Scots that had presses!!! :D
and well done on your return to decluttering.
I did the freezer yesterday . It's tiny and was full of lebanese bread that comes with the meal and I just hate to waste it. There was so much though, and there is a limit to how many meatballs I can make.
Also put out the two pairs of work trousers that are too big , the very baggy bras and two tea shirts from events still in the packets. I'll never wear them!
Still haven't done Florence of Arabia the lobby press.
Was thinking about this today as I filled another box from my spare room to go to the dump. I have to stop hubby from looking in though as he keeps saving things!
I had a sort out in my wardrobes this morning and took two huge carrier bags to the Red Cross shop. Some were thrown away because they were too big and some because I haven't worn them for years - and am never likely to now! I still need to do more but that's a job for another day!
One of those charity bags was in my letter box the other day and that always inspires me. I've pulled out the el cheapo tee shirts that always looked crap and some pants that never sat right at the crotch. Why do I keep these things? I also bought some new socks this morning but heaved out the ones that were a hideous colour and had holes in the toes. Feeling quite virtuous.
Finally made it here but I'm not sure where to start, it's a BIG job :confused: :shock: I have two weeks to declutter before returning back to work............. but I know I'll feel much better getting the house back into order.

Here is the hit list
A loft that is FULL - not looked at that for 10 years and can't remember what is up there. :shock:
Clear out crusty old kitchen equipment I never use. :grin:
Clear out at least half of the contents under the stairs as it's too full and I can never find what I need. :bugeyes:
Recycle all that unnecessary paperwork from home, work and voluntary work (currently piled in a huge box).
Recycle all clothes not worn in the last 12 months (really?)

I'm starting today with the clothes, wonder what I'll find :lol:
Hi @lizbean when you said yesterday,you were gonna join the declutter tent, i almost envied you,coz i LOVE decluttering and do it a lot and have none to do right now! Wish i lived near you and could help.i think i love it coz stupidly as i throw things out, i feel like I' m losing weight..which would be lovely if i actually WAS losing * sigh *
Good luck,you will feel marvellous for it,and it creates space for new good things to come into yr life! X
Cuppa tea break! @CandiceMarie I know what you mean, it'll be a weight off my mind and body once done. Been so busy this year I needed some space for this project.

Aw, I like your idea of a declutter party! :cool: :cool: :cool: I have three bin bags of full of clothes to go, one quilt, three pillows. I have a put a selection of autumn/winter clothes in my bottom draw that I'll keep my eye on and if not worn by Xmas they will also go. Off to reorganise what clothes are left and then I'm into the remaining bedroom chintz .......... till my friend pops in for a cuppa at 4pm. Feeling better already :grin:
Sounds like you're doing a great job @lizbean
Think putting some stuff to one side is a good idea,don't want to be too hasty in case they come in handy ( long as they go in the Noo Year if they dont come in handy after all ! ) x
Oh, I just found this thread! I have been needing to de-clutter forever! We inherited both our Mothers houses full of stuff, and all three of us are somewhat neatness challenged. Fast day is Tuesday. Messy bedroom here I come ! Hope I can do as well as you all are. Phyllis
Hi @MountainMystPhyl! Good luck for Tuesday! Just remember..Pace Yourself xx
Hi @MountainMyst - good luck with your Tuesday declutter. @CandiceMarie is SO right - pace yourself - BUT not to the extent I have - I'm still not through with yesterdays bedroom - need a good kick up the posterior :shock: OK - I'm on it, NOW. :wink: and will report success by close of day.
Thanks Candy and Lizbean, oh I expect it will take me several chuck out days to get that bedroom in shape. LOL but ,slow and steady should get me there eventually. Good luck with your clean outs. Phyllis
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 25 Next
364 posts Page 18 of 25