The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 3 of 65
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
12 Mar 2014, 23:27
Ballerina wrote:
Azureblue wrote: But I do like to be in colour and not creeping around in black like a mourning beetle

:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock:

That thought will be with me every morning now when I get dressed in my ubiquitous mourning beetle black, note to self........must not creep around as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laugh AB

Ballerina x :heart:

@BallerinaBeetle oh that's just soooo funny :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks @Azurebluebut it's a Ballerina beetle with flaming red hair and not forgetting the :cool: not to mention the nails, and I also can't imagine you creeping around Ballerina :razz: :wink: and I bet you wear lipstick at all times :lol:

I've always admired Zandra Rhodes - as being a total original,and completely and uncompromisingly herself, but producing clothes that almost any woman could wear. And also Barbara Hulanicki , she wore dark, and ornate, but again a total original ... And not forgetting Celia Birtwell.
12 Mar 2014, 23:35
WestLondonChick wrote: Hi :heart: :heart: :heart:

Can I please come in this tent too as I need fashionistas to talk to after being teased here in the office today for wearing the following stripey shirt over skinny trousers!!! :cry:

http://www.wallis.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?searchTerm=stripe&storeId=12557&productId=13299146&urlRequestType=Base&categoryId=&langId=-1&productIdentifier=product&catalogId=33058

The lads in here say I look like I am off to referee a baseball game??? As I am based in London, UK - how was I supposed to know - that is all I can say! Humph.... :shock:

@WestLondonChick you would be ok up here in Newcastle :wink: :razz: :lol: - those are the colours of 'the toon' aka Newcastle 'the magpies' - and this combo to be seen in the Bigg Market and surrounds on a Saturday night and all over Tyneside. (except in Sunderland :lol )
13 Mar 2014, 01:12
Ha! I wondered where my buddy @WestLondonChick was hanging out and now I've found her - causing a stir in here with her stripy shirt!
I've been in a clothing desert for a long time but I think the oasis is starting to come into view now I've shed a few pounds - I wore a dress on Monday which I've had for over a year but hadn't yet worn. There's just something about wearing something new I find! I have oodles of clothes in a full range of sizes which I have bought "to slim into" - so I'd better get on with it! :grin:
13 Mar 2014, 04:36
@Ballerina I was an all black girl and then started to experiment with single pops of colour. It did wonders for my skin tone as black is so draining even though I used to think it helped me fade into the background. I reckon red, orange or green would suit you. I picked this out for you http://www.jaeger.co.uk/Bubble%20Silk%2 ... efv1=Green punchy price but you are a classy lady and you will get the idea. I'm sure there are cheaper options around but its a lovely colour.
13 Mar 2014, 04:49
I'm not really a fashionista, but I love clothes. I have to say, since losing weight, it's such a joy trying on clothes because they fit so much better now (as long as I'm in the US or Europe)! Quite a few of the things I bough over Xmas have sort of 60s geometric designs. I wouldn't say it's my style… just what was available at the time. Probably my favorite item I got then is a kelly green sweater I usually wear with jeans. I was given a scarf for my birthday, white with a green, turquoise, and purple pattern, that goes really nicely with it.
13 Mar 2014, 05:32
MaryAnn wrote: I'm not really a fashionista, but I love clothes. I have to say, since losing weight, it's such a joy trying on clothes because they fit so much better now (as long as I'm in the US or Europe)! Quite a few of the things I bough over Xmas have sort of 60s geometric designs. I wouldn't say it's my style… just what was available at the time. Probably my favorite item I got then is a kelly green sweater I usually wear with jeans. I was given a scarf for my birthday, white with a green, turquoise, and purple pattern, that goes really nicely with it.

that sounds like a lovely combo
13 Mar 2014, 06:48
Skinny jeans are a classic staple and you can wear them until you croak @Franglaise! My one proviso is that they are not bleached, ripped, patterned or otherwise - such things are best left to the very young and unwise :lol:

I'm a retro and classic chick myself. Love a fifties frock whether wiggle or full skirted :smile: In the winter and for practicality I live in jersey dresses - either wrap or sheath style, thick tights and boots. I have started wearing jeans now that I can get away with skinnies tucked into boots. Used to wear bootcut but now I get fed up with the extra material! However I've never been big into jeans (trousers are just a nightmare to fit due to a long rise) -always happiest in a dress. Can't wait to bring out my cotton summer frocks! I do wear a lot of black but I also love my colour. For my birthday I wore a bright, tight orangey-red dress with a plum coloured 3/4 sleeve bolero and got heaps of compliments :smile:

My most recent purchase was a long coveted leather biker jacket. I've wanted one for years but between my size and the fact that I am long in the body despite being overall short, meant I could never find one that fits. Now I've found the perfect one for me and I LOVE it :grin: Did I mention that I have a thing for coats as well? :oops:

My biggest problem is shoes. Wide forefoot, narrow ankles, problematic feet... It's a real issue finding comfortable shoes. I adore a very high heel but one can't exactly do the school run in 5" without looking like a complete tart :lol: Not to mention that the arthritis in my big toes only permits wearing these lovelies now and again.
13 Mar 2014, 07:21
marypaul-11 cropped.jpg
Now I've lost weight, I love being able to try on clothes I like, rather than just ones I think I can get away with. I'm really pleased with this dress from Warehouse, which was showy enough for photos and lunch to celebrate our wedding anniversary, but not OTT, I hope !
13 Mar 2014, 07:39
Minum, its perfect! I love it :smile: :like:
13 Mar 2014, 09:21
Loving the colour, excellent choice :0)
13 Mar 2014, 09:55
[quote="Silverdarling"] and I bet you wear lipstick at all times :lol:

:cool: :lol: :cool: :lol: :cool: :lol: :cool:

Yep :kiss: @Silverdarling you know me sooooooo well :oops:

@Rawkaren that is indeed lovely, great colour but I never wear green, fuschia pink is my one colour of choice but I sometimes use bits of scarlet or lilac but never yellow or orange even though I think @minumonline looks fantastic in that very combination.

I really must get out more, well I would but the wardens are a bit strict round here :shock: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
13 Mar 2014, 10:20
Ooh @Minumonline beautiful you and so brave with your colours, you go there

Here is another blog I follow which often has some really beautiful work
http://vanessajackman.blogspot.com.au
13 Mar 2014, 10:34
Thank you @Ballerina :heart: and @PennyForthem :heart:

Oh oh @Silverdarling :heart: - my in laws are from Sunderland and I actually went round there last night after work - oops! :oops:

Looks gorgeous @Minumonline :heart: - lovely pic :like:

Hi @Franglaise :heart: - I'm going to be 47 in May and I love skinnies - jeans, ribbed trousers, disco pants, sateen ones - the lot! I think they can look very smart / chic :cool:

Hehe :heart: @Madcatlady :heart: - what am I like? :grin: I am behaving myself today though in the office and have a black shirt on with a black & pink flowery pencil skirt. How's your day going? Are you online today else I'll text you instead? :heart: x

Hope all you fashionistas are having a fabulous day :heart:
13 Mar 2014, 10:59
@WestLondonChick love skinny pants of all descriptions now my legs are skinnier and I can wear them and loved the black and while striped blouse classy
13 Mar 2014, 11:15
Thanks @gillymary :heart:

I was the same re skinnies - I started wearing them once I was happy about my legs - I also noticed they made my legs appear longer as I'm only 5ft 3inches tall - and have never looked back. Long live the skinny jeans / trousers!!! :victory: :victory: :victory:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 3 of 65