The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 5 of 65
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
14 Mar 2014, 04:16
I think I'm the exception to spanner's rule number 1. I have muscular legs, and while I can fit into skinny jeans, they tend to be too tight in the calf, so they bunch around my knees. They look ridiculous. I tend to go with boot cut, but I'm ok with straight, as long as it's not too narrow…

p.s. I love that yellow dress!
14 Mar 2014, 04:21
I should add that the girls in Newcastle Upon Tyne know how to do fashion on a weekend. Ask @silverdarling. They take it very seriously and even the weather does not deter them. :lol: :lol: :lol:
14 Mar 2014, 06:53
@Wineoclock I think we have very similar views!!

Crocs are absolutely blooming awful shoes - so ugly!!! I see people (grown ups) wearing them shopping and I am speechless!

@Maryann I too have muscly legs but if you get the jeans with lycra stretch in them they sit better. It's nice to show off toned legs!
14 Mar 2014, 08:17
@Rawkaren I couldn't open that last link of yours, shame as I love to see what you wear, SO stylish, makes me green with envy, no, not green as its not a colour I wear...... :shock: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:

P.S. Just LOVE this thread, thank you xx Oh,...and what are haviannas please?
14 Mar 2014, 08:35
Lol @spanner crocs in the summer and uggs in the winter for me. Either way, it's like going out in my slippers :lol: :lol: :lol:

@carieoates will carry on looking for nice skinnies. I do have some lovely ones but they are all too big now. I am back in old bootcut ones now because they are the only jeans I have that fit me and then I can get them off without undoing them because I have no bum (couldn't get them done up a year ago) I did try some nice ones on in M&S the other day. Size 8 :victory: but my muffin was topping, so more tummy work needed before trying them again. Looked great from the back though :lol: I will have to carry on looking because I'm not keen on the bootcuts any more after wearing skinnies with boots.

As for everyone else......... I can't wear skinnies with crocs then? Is that true? :razz:

@Minumonline lovely dress and shoes. You look great, I would love to wear that outfit but sadly nothing about it would look good on me :frown:
14 Mar 2014, 08:49
Like both the dresses Spanner posted. And couldn't open Karen's link either :curse: :wink:

The other day, I wore a tunic top I hadn't worn for a few years, light grey jersey with black and red flower pattern on lower part - and got loads of compliments on it. Will try and post a pic - when it's washed! :oops:
14 Mar 2014, 11:14
Not all crocs are the same. I wear quite a lot of them - not the cloggie ones but sandals with a slight wedge. I have had a big problem with my feet over the last few years , now thankfully resolving, and they have been my saviour. I get lots of compliments as well. My favourite styles are Patricia 1 - now sadly discontinued - and Huarache wedge. You should check out their website
14 Mar 2014, 11:30
That link reminds me so much of the poem about growing old and wearing purple.

http://www.barbados.org/poetry/wheniam.htm

I had a look at the newest free catalogue from 'Bon marche' and am loving some of the david Emmanuel clothing. Plus Bon Marche now do jeans with control panels for £18 (I think). I think I will have to wander down there and spend the money hubby promised me for when I need more clothes. http://www.bonmarche.co.uk/tops+blouses ... t/04604407

even though this goes against everything I had previously said about grandmas curtains,it looks lovely on the model with white trousers. Plus I have shrunk enough to be able to wear their bra's. No more paying £30+ for a plain bra.
14 Mar 2014, 12:08
Just popping my head in here to ask for advice from the fashionistas!

I bought a skater skirt in black the other day (I know, I should have got a colour but can't change the habit of a lifetime) and I have no clue what to wear with it - any ideas?

I keep seeing crop tops and trainers with skater skirts, but there is no way I'm going there!
14 Mar 2014, 12:14
Do you have a picture of the skirt so whe know exactly what it is and what shape are you.

I've just typed in skater skirt and got this, very different from crop top and trainers.
http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Skater-Sk ... UzYAsA&r=2

Sorry about the massive link
14 Mar 2014, 14:57
Oh i love this tent@rawkaren
Thanks for erecting it x
Interesting stuff and good links
Thanks for yr links @Julieathome
14 Mar 2014, 15:09
gillymary wrote: Agree that some people lack style so remembered this
http://www.pinterest.com/lisalalaw/adva ... e-and-age/

Oh my that nearly frightened me to death! :cool:
14 Mar 2014, 15:35
@Nicky_94 I usually wear a t-shirt tucked in with a skater skirt and maybe a short leather jacket or cardi or denim jacket. All depends on the weather I suppose! I used to wear mine with tights and boots in winter, or nice sandals in summer. Vest tops like this look good too, I actually love this outfit for summer : http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Skater-Skirt-in-Lace/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2871053&cid=3149&Rf936=3990&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=9999&sort=-1&clr=Cream&WT.tsrc=Retargeting&affid=11719 sorry it's such a massive link!
14 Mar 2014, 16:19
I use to wear skirts like that without tights when I was 25 ie pre kids. Was a bit risky going up spiral stairs and on windy days. In fact I lived in them. Now my knees are too fat.

Gawd....I've found seven dresses in the sale for my daughter on asos now. We have two wedding she'll be able to have one for each.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 5 of 65