The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 6 of 65
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
14 Mar 2014, 16:44
LOL @Carrieoates, will have to wear it only when at work because bending down to deal with my two year old will be v risky!

@Julieathome Maybe the crop tops/trainers is just the fashion here in France? The link you sent looks much more wearable! Don't have a pic of the skirt, I'll try and take on later, but I'm pear shaped and short!

@gym-sparkle-90Thanks! Will try with a vest tucked in and see what I think! I think I'm mostly thrown by the weather as it's 18 degrees here, a bit cold for bare legs/sandals, but a bit warm for tights...

I just hope I'm not too old for all this :shock:
14 Mar 2014, 16:55
gillymary wrote: Agree that some people lack style so remembered this
http://www.pinterest.com/lisalalaw/adva ... e-and-age/

The ONE thing that all these women have in common is.............apart from scaring me..................they are THIN!
Actually a few of them are pretty good looking, although whether or not they've had a face job is debatable.
I am sure you girls with your skater skirts will look good! I am afraid if I wore one I might just get taken quietly to one side and asked to leave! :bugeyes:
14 Mar 2014, 17:18
[quote="Wendy Darling"]Lol @spanner crocs in the summer and uggs in the winter for me. Either way, it's like going out in my slippers :lol: :lol: :

I agree@Wendy Darling Except my crocks are for around the garden and house only but my faux uggs and I are inseparable for most of the year. Skinnies are just not for me, too unforgiving so there you go ladies, stuck in my fashion rut AGAIN! :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
14 Mar 2014, 18:48
Judging by my daughters tastes and her friends (12-15) the high fashion is skinny jeggings/jeans cropped with a bit of leg showing and lace topped sockets with Nike airmax trainers. I'm being precise as this is her outfit of choice with a hype or ratchet t-shirt.
Any takers....lol
14 Mar 2014, 19:37
I can't bring myself to do skinnies, just not me. But I do like my Levi's slight curve, straight leg, lowish rise they are perfect for me.

I wanted a kilt just before Christmas and have ended up with a couple which I think look good, even though they are well above the knee. I did have a moment the first time I wore one, wondering if it was a case of "just because I could didn't mean I should" otherwise known as 16/62 (I'm 59). Anyway I've been wearing them and other above the knee skirts happily with black opaques. Not sure what to do when the better weather comes, maybe a summer of linen or cotton trousers.

Whatever there will be no cheap, or expensive, white linen trousers for me as a) I'm messy and they'd be dirty before I finished putting them on and b) seen to many ladies in same with their coloured/flowery/patterned knickers - or worse thongs showing through :shock:
14 Mar 2014, 23:32
Thanks Karen, great thread, thanks buddy@spanner - for plugging Liz range!

Lip stick - yes, a bit of a Marilyn moment for me, if you like your lips enjoy them and feel proud. :smile:

I've been a vintage / charity shopper since I was 15 - mixed with new buys of fashion trends of course but I do always look for value and social and environmental credentials.

Not worn my one pair of jeans since starting fastday. When I get to my goal I'll reassess what cut suits me.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying some funky dresses (to the knee) and skirts layered with various styles of tops.

My mum (now 89) is and has always been fashion snob (maybe a generational thing), so I pushed against her expectations (punk in 1980s etc)and she has always given me the thumbs down .... until the last decade. So if you find yourself in that position, just be you. :clover:

Lizbean
14 Mar 2014, 23:50
@Lizbean I had the same problem as you, I was a constant disappointment to my Mum who was 4inches taller than me and very stylish she was 92 when she died and would not be seen ever without high heel shoes and lipstick, I took after my dad, however a couple of months ago when I was singing away to myself and getting dressed in my fal-de-rals my husband blurted out that if I had been a man I would have been a transvestite I took that as a massive compliment. I am afraid that I am in no stretch of the imagination a fashionista, I am enjoying the thread , it is nice to see how the other half lives. :lol: :wink:
14 Mar 2014, 23:59
I do have one question, having just seen the new jeans in the 'Cotton Traders' catalog which have darts in the back. Now are these jeans for people like me who no matter what size they are they can always put their fist down the back of the waistband. I have a very curvy spine and this happens to all my jeans or trousers that don't have elastic, no matter how snug at the front, they always gape at the back. If so, I am going to splurge on a pair of darted jeans.
http://www.cottontraders.com/womens-jea ... vt/ac12703
15 Mar 2014, 03:35
Hi @ballerina, havianas are jandals here in NZ, but often called flip flops elsewhere. Made in Brazil and very popular, come in a wide range of colours. http://www.havaianasnz.com/havaianas/wo ... d=81_.html
15 Mar 2014, 04:36
Ah a shoe theme. Now we are talking. I'm quite a conservative fashionista (classics etc), so I channel my creativity into shoes. Here is what I'm wearing at the moment. @ballerina, the flip flops are haviannas..
15 Mar 2014, 08:16
Love the shoes Karen, here is a photograph that means I obviously tell porkies, a GREEN long cardigan I bought from Wallis and shoved to the back of my wardrobe till last night when I wore it in your honour. Still not sure about green and me.

15 Mar 2014, 09:46
image.jpg

Tunic that got so many compliments this week, fished out from the back of the wardrobe ...

Ballerina, that green is lovely, amd will just go with your hair :victory: (in fact, it will also go with my hair :cool: :razz: :wink: )
15 Mar 2014, 10:02
Like the tunic SD and I must say that anything goes with my hair, vivid mouse is such an adaptable shade of boring, but hey, suits me to a T, off now to shock with a photograph of my extensive shoe collection that will make @Rawkarengreen with envy, not!

15 Mar 2014, 10:16
Well, here they are, every one a Ballet flat, what else did you expect? Actually, this is about half, I got bored laying them all out but at least there are some colours in there so all is not lost on the sartorial front yet :lol:

Oops, just seen my crocks sneaked in at the bottom there, sorry all you crock haters :shock:
15 Mar 2014, 11:45
You both have twice the amount of shoes I have. Especially shoes that fit nicely. I did have a pair of Merrel walking/trainer shoes that were in a lovely camel/pale brown colour that I actually wore to death. It was a sad day last year when they finally split the sole right across. I had, had them for over 4 years, they fit like a glove and I haven't seen anything like them since. My little pair of flat, red ankle boots are now too big too. All in all I think I have 6 pairs of footwear and that's including the ones I had a recent buying splurge on ebay with.
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 6 of 65