Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 4 of 65
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
13 Mar 2014, 13:01
@minumonline. Looking good :heart:
13 Mar 2014, 13:58
Ooh a fashionable tent! I am going to say it now - those fashionable glamorous women of the world terrify me.....
Despite being a mere 34 years old I have never managed to be particularly trendy but have learnt a few tricks in the last couple of years for when I do make the effort.
Very hands-on job means boring trousers, sensible shoes and usually a fitted t-shirt/top for work but I am trying socially to look more stylish and wear heels. Also in the last two years I have become friends with a lady who works as a colour stylist/dresser and she has given me free bits of advice along with multiple stares of horror that I am sure are meant for my own good!!!!

Through her I will tell you what I have learnt:

1. EVERYONE can wear skinny jeans - they are your friend!
2. Only a few people can wear black, everyone can wear navy! If you have warm peachy or olive skin try brown, if you have pink skin tones try grey.
3. Ugg boots should be only used as slippers and never leave the house!!
4. Lipstick is essential at all times (I must confess I don't abide by this- it scares me!)
4. Show off your best assets and get good tailoring!

I like Fatface and have just bought this

http://www.fatface.com/jessica-butterfl ... invt/47444

I think I can wear it with my tan long boots to the pub and also with sandals when it gets a bit warmer!

I also love joules and I am wondering about this:

http://www.joules.com/Women/Dresses/Liz ... LIZ|INDIGO

Especially since it is named after my new diet buddy @lizbean!
13 Mar 2014, 14:22
Great tips @spanner :heart: - when I'm rushing in the mornings, I do tend to forget about lipstick but am going to make sure I remember from now on :cool:

And I think both the dresses are lovely :like: :like: x
13 Mar 2014, 14:45
@gillymary
Here is another blog I follow which often has some really beautiful work
http://vanessajackman.blogspot.com.au

That first image is my look exactly. T'shirt, jeans and an extra item that's just a bit different.
13 Mar 2014, 14:55
Lets see, the only time I would pay more than say £30 for any single item of clothing is for a dress for a wedding or a decent winter coat. If I had £100 for clothes I could go shopping and buy the whole family a summer or winter wardrobe. The price of brand named clothing horrifies me.

All your talk about skinny jeans has inspired me though. I won't go for skinny yet, I am still way to big for that, but I will go for straights instead of bootcut from now on.

One of these days I am going to get a colour analasys done as I have no idea what colours suit me, I don't even know if I have peachy skin or not. I do like the combination of coral and khaki though. Plus the classic white, navy and red. Any colour of t'shirt as long as its either fairly plain, or has an amazing graphic on it. Hubby says I don't suit mustard if that's any help.

I also don't suit tops that gather under the bust, the gypsy look. I tend to look very pregnant.
13 Mar 2014, 15:55
I think @Wendy darling may be going to get some of those skinny jeans soon. She was chatting about where to buy them. New look have some but I got my daughter some lovely ones from H and M £12.99 without the zip and button on the front. I suppose that makes them jeggings. But from behind they're lovely soft stretchy jeans.
13 Mar 2014, 17:00
I get mine from New Look as they do petite (all the way up to tall) - their Supersoft range feel lovely and are ever so comfy :heart:
13 Mar 2014, 21:52
I had a look at what is current up on both the blogs I gave you and I do suggest you go back into the archives. I just like to know what is out there might pick up a idea of how to tie a scarf differently, get a boot style, coat shape, or most recently I have noticed how much grey is in winter so I am hanging onto my baggy grey jumper this upcoming winter and am chuffed my new soft dotty and stripes grey black and pale peach coloured scarf will team up just nicely with skinny legged black pants and new gunmetal grey boots. Over the top will go my long $10 pure wool coat. With my favourite rosy red leather bag I figure I will pass muster and can go most anywhere.

Here is another fashion blogger I have followed for a number of years, she might be familiar to many on the forum already http://maggiealdersonstylenotes.wordpress.com. Check out her archives

@spanner thanks for the tips and so agree about lipstick or you can also use a lip pencil and a lip gloss. That and a small but of blush if pale is my solution to face the world. Takes just a few seconds. Another tip is wear the colour of your eyes up close to your face as it is your signature colour, eg my eyes are a grey blue and so now I get it and am finally wearing more blue in my tops

@Julieathome oh hubby sounds like he has a good eye ask him what other colours he thinks suit you. The right colour brightens up your face and the wrong one drain you. You might find your favourite colours are one which suit you. Another tip As we get older it is wiser to not wear the bright primary colours but go for more muted
14 Mar 2014, 00:02
@Rawkaren I was in the Jaeger shop today but didn't see the lovely green blouse you posted. Lots of other nice things though but nothing I couldn't live without, shame about that :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
14 Mar 2014, 03:47
Today I wore fuchsia, orange and navy. I got a few funny looks at the office because the trousers (pants here), were rather colourful to say the least. They were those pyjama pants. Mostly navy with fuchsia, orange and silver stars and then the orange top in my photo. The pants are from Bimba y Lola a Spanish retailer. I bought them a couple of years ago in Palma but they are still great. This will give you an idea of their style. http://www.bimbaylola.com/shoponline/ca ... tegory=551
14 Mar 2014, 04:02
@spanner two more fashion rules
5. Crocs should never ever be worn
6. Leggings are not pants.
14 Mar 2014, 04:06
@spanner I really like the second dress, the crochet one, reminded me that when I was a teenager I actually crocheted myself a dress, maybe I should have kept it.
14 Mar 2014, 04:08
Wineoclock wrote: @spanner two more fashion rules
5. Crocs should never ever be worn
6. Leggings are not pants.

Seconded. Crocs and leggings are not fashion......
14 Mar 2014, 04:11
@rawkaren you should see some of the girls around here (very large girls) in their leggings and very short tight tshirts. Actually no maybe you shouldn't see them I wouldn't want to make you suffer. :curse:
14 Mar 2014, 04:14
plenty here too @wineoclock and with trainers or haviannas. Also not fashion :lol:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 4 of 65