The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 2 of 65
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
12 Mar 2014, 11:11
Oooh wonderful! I tend to be Lands' End, M&S, EWM, with occasional forays into Kaleidoscope and TKMaxx and mostly sale items at that. Such a fashionista (not)! But I do like to be in colour and not creeping around in black like a mourning beetle :0) I've just invested in a size 16 denim skirt and four Spring tops so I've got to stay in shape to enjoy them.
12 Mar 2014, 11:16
Azureblue wrote: But I do like to be in colour and not creeping around in black like a mourning beetle

:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock:

That thought will be with me every morning now when I get dressed in my ubiquitous mourning beetle black, note to self........must not creep around as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laugh AB

Ballerina x :heart:
12 Mar 2014, 11:34
I'd love to tempt you into the lovely colours our wonderful world provides BallerinaBeetle!
12 Mar 2014, 12:44
I am a total beginner where fashion stands. For many years all that mattered was that the clothing covered the bits that needed covering whilst in public. So it has been jeans and long t'shirts all the way.

I still need the covering in public as I am still huge, but I also need to figure out what looks good on me. I may look into Trinny and Suzanne for inspiration.

My main bugbears at the moment are that t'shirt fashion at the moment is for belt skimming tops, which exposes acres of muffin top all over the high street. For my size I don't feel comfortable until the top goes down to mid hip level.

My other bugbear is the patterns that are around at the moment. I constantly feel as if I'm wearing my Grandmothers curtain material, so I tend to go for plain t'shirts rather than patterned tops or blouses. I would like to wear blouses as I have the cleavage for blouses, but not when I feel that the pattern is too bold. At the moment my favourite t'shirt is a plain black one from M&S, the material is so soft and slightly stretchy, it just feels great.

I really must get out of this rut also of only buying in budget shops, as the quality isn't there.
12 Mar 2014, 13:03
Hi Fashionistas...how are you all doing today?...have just indulged in some online retail therapy...purchased 3 shirts/tops from Marks& Spencer on sale...with free delivery to Australia...its amazing that with the help of my IPAD...that I can go shopping at the other side of the world...while relaxing in bed :)
12 Mar 2014, 15:15
Hi :heart: :heart: :heart:

Can I please come in this tent too as I need fashionistas to talk to after being teased here in the office today for wearing the following stripey shirt over skinny trousers!!! :cry:

http://www.wallis.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?searchTerm=stripe&storeId=12557&productId=13299146&urlRequestType=Base&categoryId=&langId=-1&productIdentifier=product&catalogId=33058

The lads in here say I look like I am off to referee a baseball game??? As I am based in London, UK - how was I supposed to know - that is all I can say! Humph.... :shock:
12 Mar 2014, 15:20
@WestLondonChickI actually love that shirt, I imagine it'd look great with skinny trousers - the sort of thing I'd wear for work anyway!
12 Mar 2014, 15:26

Can you please pop round and tell the lads in this office that!!! x
12 Mar 2014, 16:16

I'll have to see what I can pull out of the wardrobe to get them talking tomorrow then :grin: x
12 Mar 2014, 18:09
Like Izzy, I love black and white stripes so to me the shirt was lovely, tell them to wind in their scrawny little necks. Having said that if it happened to me when I was working I'd have been rather tempted to be as outlandishly dressed as possible, just one thing wrong with that plan is that I own nothing that could be remotely regarded as an outlandish sartorial choice, too boring sadly!

Ballerina x :heart:
12 Mar 2014, 18:37
Hi Fashonistas - I shouldn't really be here as I'm not really one. I live in jeans (as do most women in France) and just wanted to know if skinny jeans are acceptable on a 48 year old, or at my age should I be looking for a more sophisticated style? My (French) OH hates my skinny jeans...but I just don't feel comfortable in straight jeans. I'm 5 foot 8 and with boots I think they look fine....
12 Mar 2014, 18:56
Gosh Franglaise, I hope the answer is yes! I've bought three pairs of skinny jeans note I've got thin enough thighs (I hope) to wear them. I was told bootleg is too middle aged (I'm 54). Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive response!
12 Mar 2014, 18:58
@Franglaise I am also a big jeans fan but I like bootcut. I am 5' nothing and 52 and worry that my jeans are too tight for my age! Ah well the trouble is I don't feel 52! I love t shirts too, when I worked in a factory when the boys were little I had the most marvellous arms from all the lifting. Unfortunately now I am in a school and 10 years older they need covering up a bit more :oops:
12 Mar 2014, 19:03
@carorees I've got one pair of skinnies but I have trouble with footwear as I mostly wear caterpillar boots or similar and they don't look good with skinny jeans.
12 Mar 2014, 19:16
Hmmm, I love that shirt too!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 2 of 65