The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 50 of 65
Previous 1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
11 Jul 2014, 21:27
Not quite my 'birthday suit' but rather the dress that I bought with birthday money and hadn't had cause to wear until now. We went out for dinner with the darling daughters and very nice it was too. Well, how else would a foodie celebrate being their lowest weight for years? :lol: 11.6 dead on today. Still 12 lbs over the top of the healthy bmi range :curse: Ho hum.
image.jpg
image.jpg (23.47 KiB) Viewed 2080 times
11 Jul 2014, 21:43
Wow @Winsome You look amazing well done that dress is so flattering on your slim/flat tummy :like: :like:
Bet Mr W and the daughters were very proud of all
you've achieved. :like: :heart: :clover:
12 Jul 2014, 00:12
Wowzer! Fab foto! XX
12 Jul 2014, 07:03
@Winsome, you look great!
12 Jul 2014, 09:04
Wow, just wow @Winsomeyou have the curves in all the right places. And a Little heel always elongates your legs. Nice one.
12 Jul 2014, 12:41
@Winsome - a wow from me too - looking good Winsome and your dress is very flattering :wink:
12 Jul 2014, 20:19
Thank you all :oops: Hubby was very impressed with the dress too :wink:

I have to say that today has been a fashionista hit and miss scenario. Holiday clothes shopping; we're heading to Florida soon. On one hand, I felt surprisingly good when trying on bikinis. Bought a few, and a lovely, lovely swimsuit that can go strapless too. Shorts though - Oh my word :bugeyes: Trauma. Total and utter trauma. Who invented this garment from hell and WHY are they sized/shaped differently to every other garment with two legs, or so it seems? I desperately needed nude-tone bras as well and that proved a whole other trauma. I'm exhausted!

On the other hand, I do now own a seriously lovely Coast dress in a size 10, half price, and several other lovely bits and pieces :grin:
12 Jul 2014, 20:49
New here :wave:

I'm SO going to love this thread! (and bombard it with outfit pics every day lol)
12 Jul 2014, 21:01
Oh yes @winsome - you look fab-u-lous!

Very flattering dress - can totally see why you bought it.

Isn't 5:2 great?!!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
12 Jul 2014, 22:10
Holiday shopping here too. I have finally come to the realisation that traditional T shaped t'shirts just do not suit me. Its the sleeves, when they cut directly across the bicep its directly in line with my boobs and make them look utterly huge, as in HUGE and rather squarish. The sleeves also emphasise how chunky my arms are, no not emphasize, they exagerate them. Yet a t'shirt I got from M&S via ebay has the normal length T'shirt sleeves but the sleeve is cut so it's higher on the outer arm than the inner and it looks great.
I also don't suit v'necked t'shirts either. So my favourite t'shirts are now sleeveless vests, scooped neck with reasonably wide shoulder straps (to hide the bra straps) that come to below the waistband of my jeans or shorts by a sufficient amount so that if I stretch upward no-one has to suffer the sight of my pallid white floppy tummy. Square necked tops look good too.
The spending spree on ebay has still not come to an end, I am now looking for at least another 4 vests and a maxi dress annnnd, sandals, lots of sandals, though I doubt if I will buy more than one extra pair.
13 Jul 2014, 06:12
Yes @Julieathome I'm not a lover of t-shirt cuts either. Having broad shoulders and muscly arms they can often get tight under my arms. Plus having a wee chest I always go for V neck not scooped because they gape (is that the right word) or fall open. M and S do shape their tops nicely as well.
I also hit Dorothy Perkins when they've a 20-25% sale because their cuts feel comfy on me too. Got a super dress in there for £16 not sale price. Clarks have a sale on at the moment too.
My prob is that I'm in that stuck in the middle age of 45. :confused:
13 Jul 2014, 07:59
I agree about t-shirts. Really unflattering on most figures, definitely not good on me with chunky upper arms and busty. Cap sleeves are great but hard to find and I'm still clinging to some oasis ones I bought about 12 years ago, albeit they are only fit for painting in now :grin: I also find most t-shirts too boxy; if it isn't nipped at the waist I look 3 sizes bigger.
13 Jul 2014, 09:07
@Winsome I gave up shorts decades ago as I always felt a bit of a disaster - could never find a flattering fit - I just look a 5ft 2ins dumpy. Good luck with your search. So I opt for flattering, fun summer skirts or short light weight trousers. T-shirts - I prefer 3/4 length arms as they make my arms look more slender. V neck works as again it elongates me! :wink:

Last night I spent browsing the web for a dress for my nephews wedding 21 August. I ended up bug eyed :bugeyes: from the sheer volume of choice. I'm looking for something casual that I can wear again. I found this http://www.next.co.uk/x5392s2#654816X53 however I normally go for a waisted dress rather than something that falls from the bust. It is a trip to the shop - to see if it fits.
13 Jul 2014, 09:45
I never wear T-shirts because they will insist on clinging to the roll of loose skin (once filled with fat) which hangs around my middle! Instead I wear blouses - well shirts really, which can be tucked in if I'm feeling slim enough or left out to skim over the deflated spare tyre, if I'm having a 'fat' day! The sleeves of T-shirts never quite cover the 'bat-wings', whereas my shirts can be worn rolled up to whatever length I want. It's a win-win for me!
Previous 1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 50 of 65