The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 51 of 65
Previous 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
13 Jul 2014, 11:03
I can't wear blouses, at all, which is a shame because I would love to. My bust is so big that I need a size 26 for the buttons to do up without gaping. But, if I get a size 26 the armholes are down by my waist and the shoulder width is so wide that the shoulder seam is half way to my elbows. I do have a couple of blouses that I use as overshirts that I leave open.

I have tried on my swimming costume (well one of them). The tankini I have been wedded to for the last 3 years and its too loose, so I now have to find a new tankini too. There really is nothing worse than a baggy swimming costume. Even a too tight one doesn't look as bad as a baggy one.
13 Jul 2014, 11:11
Joining in with clothing woes...
I am needing work clothes. Long sleeved teeshirts in bright colours and chino type lightweight cargo- ish trousers.
So far I am failing miserably. Need this style to keep me decent when I'm climbing/crawling about and at a complete blank as to alternatives.
So far, Primark, H&M , M&S, Debenhams, Gap, Fat Face, Sainsbury's, Asda, Peackock all checked out to no avail.
I can see me going back with nowt and continuing to have a saggy botty and hauling up me breeks!
On the positive side though, and the most traumatic, I managed to get brassieres.
13 Jul 2014, 11:29
If you only want them for work you might look in the M&S classic ie old ladies department. They have or had light weight cotton ones- ok they have elasticated waists but don't look too bad if you iron out the crease that M&S seem to insist in putting in all their Classic range. They are comfy for dog walking and the crease is not stitched in- that spoils most of that range.
13 Jul 2014, 15:15
13 Jul 2014, 17:24
@Azureblue Very nice, I like the delicate detail and I'm also trying to wear more red's/purple/ oranges as people say they suit me. I did look at East website last night for a dress for nephews wedding. I might pop into the store later this week as I see things online I like but fail to register they are the wrong shape so they are generally returned.
13 Jul 2014, 19:03
Because I am pearshaped I tend to go for tops that fit around the bust and then skim my waist. I have spent most of the day altering summer clothes. As long as I can make them fit around shoulders and bust they don't look too bad if they are a bit baggy around the hips. I have also 'narrowed' the legs on 2 pairs of silk trousers - surprisingly successful!
13 Jul 2014, 19:21
@janeg have a look on ebay, there are sellers on there that sell the old stock, still new and usually they deliver in 2 days.
13 Jul 2014, 19:34
@Janeg Have a quick look at very clothing if you choose the collect+ its free p&p and use filters choosing colours and size I've bought 2 pairs for £12!!!!
Then 2 pairs for £8!!!
Now 2 pairs for £7!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great value true to size but check if they're the stretchy version coz mine weren't not the last one anyway.
You'll not find cheaper anywhere I recon. :clover: :clover: :clover:
14 Jul 2014, 07:21
@azureblue that East top is lovely!
@Sue.Q Thanks for the Very recommendation,will take a look x
14 Jul 2014, 07:25
@janeg - try Landsend. Www.landsend.co.uk Very good quality, lots of styles, snd colours. Sale on at the mo
14 Jul 2014, 09:05
pleased to report a modicum of success. Despite having been in 4 Nexts, the latest one had wombat cargos! :D . As did Sainsburys.
Lovely top @azureblue . Similar to kurtas which I wore for ages, decent, colourful and comfy. I' m going for a slightly more fitted look as I'm a wee bit more slender now. Still love them and can get them in the sandpit reasonably cheaply.
@Julieathome keep meaning to ebay, but as it's so lovely, I just want to be outside playing!
@Sue.Qmy sister has mentioned that website. I have a train journey tomorrow with interwebs.
with ebay, ?visit and landsend ( thanks @silverdarling I'd forgotten about them) it may be an expensive trip. :)
14 Jul 2014, 11:02
Never mind the cargos@janeg, any luck with the battenburg? :razz: :shock: :grin:
14 Jul 2014, 12:04
I've been sorting out holiday clothes today. Can't quite believe that I now own FOUR bikinis! :shock: hubby is very impressed :wink:

I also have four pairs of shorts. Heaven help the person who take a photo of me from behind wearing them lol. I can imagine I will be better in my 3/4 trousers but I'm bowing to peer pressure - people keep telling me I need shorts for Florida.

Lingerie drawer is looking a bit better, albeit rather boring with mostly black and nude ATM. Bring on all the gorgeous Christmas stuff in the shops. No more bulging boobies lol.

I'm hoping to have some shopping time in the states so hopefully anything I've missed can be bought. At the moment, given that I had NO summer holiday clothes that fitted at the beginning of this mission, what I've accumulated is still looking a rather small pile. Then again, it's all smaller sizes than last time I went on holiday :grin:

It does feel rather like I'm packing someone else's clothes, what with a fair number of S/M and size 10 (uk) items :victory:
14 Jul 2014, 13:05
Yes, my ebay blitz has netted me 8 pairs of shorts, 3 of which I need to lose a bit more tummy before I can get in them. Also half a dozen t'shirts or vests with another six I'm looking at from one seller so I can keep the postage costs down. Who ever mentioned Very.... curse you, I now have £60 worth of clothes in my basket and that's just more vests and a bras. I'm about to head upstairs to tidy up and sort out my ebay haul and try and figure out what goes with what.

I am wearing a pair of my shorts now, and freezing. As soon as I went outside it clouded over and chilled right down. Its been threatening rain on and off for most of the day.
14 Jul 2014, 14:15
waily waily @Callyanna still no battenburg. The quest moves to Scotland tomorrow.
Previous 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 51 of 65