The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

174 posts Page 8 of 12
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Re: Fitbit February Camp Site
18 Feb 2014, 04:31
Thanks everyone for the cheering up :) Still a bit upset this morning but I've been reading up lots. I have looked into diet, supplements and exercise and feel a bit more knowledgeable on the subject and better prepared to face it.

Katamac unfortunately it's not easy for me to go swimming but I do have an elliptical/bike at home (in fact I'm cycling gently on it now :) ) I will concentrate on getting my legs as strong as possible without hurtung my knees. No more stairs though boohoo. I think doing those daily stairs really helped boost my fitness levels.

I'll have to change my hiit routine as well but I'm going to give it a miss at least until the anti inflammatories kick in.

I've done 15 mins on the bike and am about to do some walking instead of jogging. Have good day everyone and thanks again x
18 Feb 2014, 07:50
Umleila, really sorry to hear your news, wondered how I'd managed to get anywhere near you on the leaderboard. Virtual hugs go out to you.
18 Feb 2014, 08:10
Hugs from me too @Umlieia, you have been such an enthusiastic Fitbitter. I'm glad you are feeling more positive today and I agree with @GoLinda walking is a great way to build fitness
18 Feb 2014, 09:02
Just realised that I went to class last night, haven't eaten anything, and now off to class again. If I don't shed a few grams, I will be very surprised. Either that or I will pass out. But I don't feel a bit like eating, so I'm not going to.
18 Feb 2014, 12:22
Just taken my fitbit for a jog this morning. Very satisfying to tally more steps in one morning than the previous two days totalled :oops: :cool:

The sleep monitoring is ramming it home to me that hubby and I are slipping into bad habits again. He works such long hours and we end up pushing bedtime later and later. I've been taking home to the station at 06:00 and getting back into bed to catch up this last two days! He's away for two nights now so I have no excuse not to bank some :sleepy:
18 Feb 2014, 13:32
I just found this article about the benefits of walking on Mark's Daily Apple
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/17-reaso ... z2qKRo7nqc
18 Feb 2014, 13:42
Oh @Umleila - I'm so sorry!!! My dad has to deal with arthritis, but being a guy, he let it get pretty bad before he sought treatment. I'm glad you found it early and I hope you can keep it to a low level. Sounds like you have a good plan there.

I had a bit of a scare yesterday - I went to check my fitbit and it wasn't in my bra. I had been walking around a few shopping malls with my mom and sister and so was hoping I was near my 10K steps. I retraced my steps at the mall I was at, called several other shops - no luck.

Long story short, We got in the car to head home from my mom's house and my fitbit started syncing to my phone - so we new it was there somewhere. Yup, it was in my toiletries bag Phew!! :doh: :loser: :nailbiting: :evilgrin: :-P
18 Feb 2014, 20:02
@Umleila (((()))) I'm so sorry, I know you love your exercise and you are one of my Fitbit heroes. I can't offer any advice other than what has already been said. Walking (maybe nordic walking, I know it is very popular here in France) and cycling will be easier on your joints. I *hate* swimming because it is indoors, you don't have the benefit of seeing different things, you can't swim and chat with someone as you can when you run or walk...I like sociable sports and above all, being outdoors.
I hope you manage to find something that suits you :clover:
18 Feb 2014, 20:11
...and the American ladies are in a close race out there...I'm leading Tracie, Linda, and Jen with just a 1000 step lead over Tracie...

(if the olympics aren't on, you can at least watch the leaderboard :lol: )

LATE NITE UPDATE:...And Jeninboston pulls ahead!! Watch her technique as she pulls ahead of the pack on the curve!!!

Sorry. Too much Olympics for my poor brain.
18 Feb 2014, 20:37
Lol Wendyjane much more exciting I'm sure :) I'm off to look up Nordic walking. Thanks Susan.
19 Feb 2014, 04:15
@wendyjane , hilarious. Oops, you didn't know we had a small warm up so I was able to take the dogs for a short walk when I got home. If I'd known we were going for the gold I might have walked farther :wink:
19 Feb 2014, 05:15
A mere 400 steps would have done it, Linda. And the results: @Jeninboston gets the gold! @GoLinda just seconds behind her wins the silver. Wendyjane takes bronze, and @Tracieknits - good luck in 2018, Tracie.

I know, as the British would say, I'm barking.

Screen shot 2014-02-18 at 10.12.45 PM.png
19 Feb 2014, 08:51
Hilarious. Girls on top as usual. Where are the menfolk?
19 Feb 2014, 13:47
wendyjane wrote: A mere 400 steps would have done it, Linda. And the results: @Jeninboston gets the gold! @GoLinda just seconds behind her wins the silver. Wendyjane takes bronze, and @Tracieknits - good luck in 2018, Tracie.

I know, as the British would say, I'm barking.

Screen shot 2014-02-18 at 10.12.45 PM.png

Wow ... I haven't been popping into this tent because I really haven't been walking that much but seeing this this morning made my day :-) :-)

This has really spurred me on to walk lots today :-)

THANK YOU

:heart: :heart: :victory:
19 Feb 2014, 13:51
wendyjane wrote: ...and the American ladies are in a close race out there...I'm leading Tracie, Linda, and Jen with just a 1000 step lead over Tracie...

(if the olympics aren't on, you can at least watch the leaderboard :lol: )

LATE NITE UPDATE:...And Jeninboston pulls ahead!! Watch her technique as she pulls ahead of the pack on the curve!!!

Sorry. Too much Olympics for my poor brain.

LOL, my technique? Spurred on my getting to brunch and indulging in a delicious feta and spinach omelet - I had to walk there, to compensate for the calories I was about to consume (ok, I confess, I had a chocolate chip cookie too) :grin: :grin:
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
174 posts Page 8 of 12