Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

174 posts Page 9 of 12
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Re: Fitbit February Camp Site
19 Feb 2014, 14:10
LMAO - you're too funny!!
19 Feb 2014, 18:35
You're quite welcome, @jeninboston. I considered continuing the analogy, but wondered if I might be overstaying my welcome in the announcer's booth. Here it is anyway...

Born and raised in Great Britain, Jen now runs for the US. She's poised to....

Well, I'd have to have more details to go any further. :smile:

And @Carieoates, my man is doing his usual, a full hour on the rowing machine. And @BruceE is at number 10. So I think the men are doing fine, and it's a damn good thing the competitions are single sex - well, this one at least.

And now, since I've pulled into the lead due to running around the house at nearly midnight last night (nothing better to do while waiting for hubs to finish working :frown: ), I'm off to walk to the bank and try to stay in the lead!
19 Feb 2014, 18:47
@wendyjane it gets very confusing when people don't have the same name on both. Sorry but are you WendyG. And who's hubs.
19 Feb 2014, 18:52
...and who is Rho? and how does she/he manage so many Active minutes? who is Mandy? why do some people's little pic show up on the summary and not on the full leaderboard?.... I could go on
19 Feb 2014, 19:10
Yes, so many questions.......you know which ones me Don'tcha
19 Feb 2014, 19:17
Hmmm give me a minute.....
19 Feb 2014, 20:05
carieoates wrote: @wendyjane it gets very confusing when people don't have the same name on both. Sorry but are you WendyG. And who's hubs.

I am indeed Wendy G. I didn't pick the name when I signed on to Fitbit, near as I can remember. And my hubs - my husband - is neither a fitbit user nor a 5:2 faster - I was just pointing out that he's very fit - way out of my league at this point, I'm afraid.
19 Feb 2014, 21:42
SianS wrote: ...how does she/he manage so many Active minutes?

I think the Flex may be give more active minutes credit than a One, not sure why. I'm way up on active minutes rankings and further down on steps. Of course, a lot of those steps are running steps so that gives me both miles and 'very active' minutes.

That said, I think the Flex gives more 'very active' (instead of 'active' or 'lightly active') minutes credit for a given walking pace than the other devices, especially the One, tend to give. (The Flex also may miss about 5-10% of your steps on more-casual walks compared to the One.)
19 Feb 2014, 21:57
@wendyjane did you know that you can change your user name on the fitbit profile page? I only realised when I appeared on the leader board with my real first name plus the first letter of my surname. As I have a very unusual first name (8 of us in the UK last time I looked) I am a big wary of having it displayed on the net. Also, I figured nobody would know who I was in relation to here. It was easy to amend, even for me as a technophobe :smile:
19 Feb 2014, 22:28
Yes, BruceE and I can go on the same dang walk, and I get more steps than he gets (often more than can be attributed to our difference in height) and yet he gets more active minutes.
But still, I love my One and wouldn't trade for his Flex. In the end, it doesn't change the exercise I'm doing. And I love how it tracks (or even erroneously tracks) stairs.
19 Feb 2014, 23:21
I've got a flex, and it seems to give me more active minutes now compared to when I started using it in October last year. I forget when it happened, but it seemed to do a sudden jump - my exercise didn't change, still the same walking, so I wonder if there was a change in how it calculates through an update? (I'm not too cluey on how it all works - know it uses an "accelerometer" whatever that is to do the steps)
20 Feb 2014, 00:12
Thanks @Winsome - I now have the same username in fitbit. I am still loving my one - and am finding it addictive. Helps we adopted a rescue young dog - who of course needs to be walked!

Cheers to all! :like:
20 Feb 2014, 04:22
Good morning everyone. It's my fitbitversary today :)

This time last year I was 10 stone 3 quite unfit and squeezing myself into size 14 jeans that were definitely too small to be comfortable.

Now here I am 8 stone 10 this morning ( a little heavier than usual but it's my time of the month and I wasn't fasting yesterday) wearing size 6-8 jeans and feeling extremely fit and healthy (dodgy knees aside!)

It wasn't long after that I started fasting too so all in all a very good year :like:

By the way when I changed from a zip to a one my previous power walking that had been logged as active minutes no longer was and that is why I started jogging! Now that I'm back to walking again I'm hardly logging any active minutes even though I'm walking quite fast and building up a sweat!
20 Feb 2014, 04:30
Happy 'Versary, @Umleila!

My fitbit app just told me I'm an overachiever! LOL. Not true, but I will, I think, exceed 16000 steps today. Woo hoo!! That's a combination of walking to the bank and grocery store at the strip mall (1 1/2 miles round trip) and going to Zumba this evening. Now I'm really beat...
20 Feb 2014, 07:56
Good on you Umleila, fitting in those smaller jeans must feel great. I think you just feel so much better about yourself. Happy anniversary.

I agree with you Katamac, I'm sure my flex is logging more active minutes now than previously.
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
174 posts Page 9 of 12