The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

174 posts Page 10 of 12
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Re: Fitbit February Camp Site
20 Feb 2014, 08:58
I've gone from a one to a flex and I'm really not sure if I get more active minutes. I can understand if I do as it's on my wrist rather than my center (bra) my arms move about much more than my center during an exercise class. I realise that the mechanics will take this into account but...my instructors often wear polar watches which gave them cals burned counts of 600+ cals per session but my one was only giving me 3-400. I shall go away and do some investigation. Watch this space.
20 Feb 2014, 09:38
TBrewerton wrote:
I have booked in a 10km run for May so that's my target and timeframe :-)

Excellent, it is always good to have a goal. I ran my first 10k run 2 months after joining a club and starting training properly (although I ran 5k a few times a week before that). I never thought I'd be ready to do a 10k run so early but I was, and in a very good time too. Running isn't just legs, it is mind and heart too.
I'm going to so a half marathon in April, that is my next target, 5 months after my first 10k race (have done a lot of those now!)
20 Feb 2014, 10:11
.... so my daughter said this morning (watching me take off the sleep band) "you are quite devoted to your little fit bit, aren't you?" :smile:
20 Feb 2014, 10:24
Wow Susan that's fantastic. What a great goal to have and just far enough away to get you really motivated too. Good luck.
20 Feb 2014, 19:46
My American teammates - @Jeninboston, @GoLinda, and @Tracieknits - we are still running neck in neck (right now, 12:30 Mountain time, we're in positions 18, 19, 20, and 21 on the leaderboard).

That gives me an idea. Would you all like to be fitbit buddies for motivational purposes? This is modeled of course on @Juliana.Rivers' fasting buddy system.

The way it would work, so that we'd be cooperating instead of competing, is that we would try to lower the sum of our leaderboard positions. Right now we're at a "score" of 78 (18+19+20+21). As buddies, we'd try to get to a lower score. Say, start with a not very aggressive goal of 75.

What do you think?
Wendy
20 Feb 2014, 20:03
Sure! I have been a wee bit of a slacker in that I have NOT wanted to get any more steps in on the dang treadmill. Do Not WANT!! LOL and it's been way too dang cold to walk outside. So it's been a struggle to get 10K in and recently, I just have had trouble motivating myself

:-)
20 Feb 2014, 20:10
I am SO in. I had actually even been toying with us encouraging each other on the Fasting side as well. No reason we can't comment chatter about both:)

We need one more from the West coast to cover all time zones, ha!
20 Feb 2014, 22:02
I am so waiting for my fitbit one to arrive in the mail! I ordered it last weekend. Now, it should be just a nice addition to what I'm already doing, but as I am in a rut and sitting on my butt (had to say that cause it rhymes), I need the fitbit to hoist my motivation up and back at it. My canine buddy, Baxter, is also waiting! Maybe today's the day! :cool:
20 Feb 2014, 22:08
Is Nevada close enough to the West Coast? We used to say if there were a giant earthquake ( :cry: not really, just kidding) in California, we would be sitting pretty on the beach! (And, we are Pacific time.) I would love to be part of the buddy group! :grin:
20 Feb 2014, 22:14
wendyjane wrote: My American teammates - @Jeninboston, @GoLinda, and @Tracieknits - we are still running neck in neck (right now, 12:30 Mountain time, we're in positions 18, 19, 20, and 21 on the leaderboard).

That gives me an idea. Would you all like to be fitbit buddies for motivational purposes? This is modeled of course on @Juliana.Rivers' fasting buddy system.

The way it would work, so that we'd be cooperating instead of competing, is that we would try to lower the sum of our leaderboard positions. Right now we're at a "score" of 78 (18+19+20+21). As buddies, we'd try to get to a lower score. Say, start with a not very aggressive goal of 75.

What do you think?
Wendy

That's a great idea. I shall enjoy heckling you as you move on up. It's very fluid though so you'll have to do a screen shot with the different time zones it changes rather unexpectedly. :clover:
20 Feb 2014, 23:22
wendyjane wrote: My American teammates - @Jeninboston, @GoLinda, and @Tracieknits - we are still running neck in neck (right now, 12:30 Mountain time, we're in positions 18, 19, 20, and 21 on the leaderboard).

What do you think?
Wendy

Sure that would be lovely.

And I just finished my days walk, 15,000 steps - woohoo :cool: but this good progress will stop soon; I go back to work in a couple of week wahhhh :frown: :cry: :cry:
21 Feb 2014, 01:10
Okay, great! TeamUSA - @Jeninboston, @Tracieknits, @GoLinda, wendyjane, and @bordergirl - is officially formed. We even have a mascot - Baxter.

@Carieoates, we welcome hecklers, as well as more, well, supportive, fans. In fact, anyone is invited to post where the team stands at any given moment (just do the addition, steps only - lets not complicate things by keeping track of distance or active minutes).
21 Feb 2014, 03:21
I had a hair appt after work so I didn't get a walk in after...and I was a lazy mongrel ( no offense Baxter) this morning before work as well. Did buzz outside at lunch for a short stroll so at the end of the day I fell short of my personal goal. But wait, the goal of TeamUSA is to reduce the number of our combined rankings.

@tracieknits, @wendyjane, @bordergirl, @jeninboston Are we going to use steps, miles or active minutes and by the current month or by the week? I'm always higher in rankings for miles and active minutes than I am in steps but whatever you all decide. I do suggest we use the weekly leaderboard stats rather than a month period though. Each week allows us to start anew. Thoughts?
21 Feb 2014, 03:33
I say steps only (am perhaps swayed by the fact that I'm always behind in active minutes - even when I walk particularly fast, it doesn't seem to help). Steps seems to be the most widely accepted metric for fitbit users.

Going by the weekly totals is fine, especially since that will allow @Bordergirl to establish her place in the rankings more quickly.
21 Feb 2014, 11:54
GoLinda wrote: I had a hair appt after work so I didn't get a walk in after...and I was a lazy mongrel ( no offense Baxter) this morning before work as well. Did buzz outside at lunch for a short stroll so at the end of the day I fell short of my personal goal. But wait, the goal of TeamUSA is to reduce the number of our combined rankings.

@tracieknits, @wendyjane, @bordergirl, @jeninboston Are we going to use steps, miles or active minutes and by the current month or by the week? I'm always higher in rankings for miles and active minutes than I am in steps but whatever you all decide. I do suggest we use the weekly leaderboard stats rather than a month period though. Each week allows us to start anew. Thoughts?

I think that using miles may be more fair because a short person (like me) will get more steps in the same number of miles compared with a taller person, though for my own personal use, I tend to use steps.

For me, it would be hard to use active minutes because it's impossible to walk at a fast pace with this incessant snow that's piled high on the sidewalks!

I'll leave it to the powers that be to make the decision :cool:
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
174 posts Page 10 of 12