The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

86 posts Page 3 of 6
Re: Fitbit March madness
09 Mar 2014, 03:40
KataMac wrote: I listen to podcasts too - what ones do you listen to? I'm always looking for new ones :D

I tend to have a few from BBCs radio 4, my favorite being the world book club. It usually inspires you to read a book from a world author that you may not know. I also listen to Time magazine, one with meditation and a bunch more.

How about you?
09 Mar 2014, 06:00
I do BBCs World Book Club too, it's how I discovered David Mitchell and Cloud Atlas (cannot believe I hadn't read his novels before, he's now one of my favourite authors ever.)

I do a fair few of the BBC ones too, plus a lot of the ABC (Australian's national broadcaster, similar to BBC). Then I love storytelling ones too, so Moth, Snap Judgement, Risk!, Strangers and others. Also quite a few NPR (Snap Judgement is NPR, plus This American Life, RadioLab, TED hour). Radiotopia is a new grouping of some podcasts I already listen to, but there were a few new ones there too. Plus a few science ones too, and a few random ones. :) Total podcast junky! Sometimes I walk further or go for extra walks just to listen to a podcast.
09 Mar 2014, 07:10
Will someone explain the relationship of total steps (for a seven day period) to average steps? Clearly you don't multiply the average by seven to get the total. Which seems like it would make the most sense.

Right now (midnight, but sadly "really" 1 AM) @GoLinda and @Tracieknits are within 200 steps of each other on the 7 day leaderboard (that's kind of weird in itself, actually) but Tracie's average is 10,000 and Linda's is almost 12,000. Since they only live one time zone apart, their daytimes are virtually the same.

I'm SO confused...
09 Mar 2014, 07:27
I'm in Amsterdam right now and had 11k steps yesterday by the time my Fitbit thought it was noon lol
09 Mar 2014, 07:42
Aha! Well, that explains part of the mystery. I forgot you were leaving. Hope you are having a fantastic time. I was last in Amsterdam about 40 years ago!
09 Mar 2014, 16:01
Thanks! 11433 steps so far and it's only 5pm :) Amsterdam is nice but it's so crowded and there are so very many smokers. Amazing apple cake :) the canal tour was really pretty. We go to the Anne frank house and Van Gogh museum tomorrow
09 Mar 2014, 20:04
hmmmmm - my coffee-buddy @CarieOates said she would get me into this and now I find myself looking at the website.........
09 Mar 2014, 21:20
It's so FUN, @Madcatlady!
09 Mar 2014, 21:44
Madcatlady wrote: hmmmmm - my coffee-buddy @CarieOates said she would get me into this and now I find myself looking at the website.........

Yay....go for it.
10 Mar 2014, 03:30
I listen to podcast too. My faves are radio 5 live fighting talk, Danny Baker, and Richard Bacon. Radio 4 Friday night comedy and desert island discs and I also listen to NPR car talk, Diane rehm and fresh air. All good company :)

I haven't been walking as much or being as active recently because of my legs. I had my steroid injections yesterday and feeling quite sore today but I'm hoping they make a long term improvement and chasing a top ten spot again :)

Have a good day everyone and enjoy Amsterdam @tracieknits :)
10 Mar 2014, 19:21
15630 steps and my feet HURT!!

Train to Brussels tomorrow and I may take it fairly easy :)
10 Mar 2014, 21:15
I think I am holding back because I know how inactive I am unless I am going places for work, when I can do quite a bit of walking - I suppose that's really the confirmation that I need to get one of these little critters! The band or the pod - that is the question???
10 Mar 2014, 22:44
I love my flex (band) because it's just always on. I also always have my phone, so to check more data than just the. 5 lights (how close to goal you are) is as easy as if I had a One. But it doesn't count stairs climbed.

You can also get a band which does heart rate as well as steps, can't remember brand right now. More exsy, but would be excellent if you wanted that option.
11 Mar 2014, 00:11
Thanks @Umleila for your list of podcasts :like: - I'll definitely try them out :cool:
11 Mar 2014, 02:40
@madcatlady I love my One and have it for about a year. They are recalling some of the Force bands because some people were experiencing skin irritation...and two people at my work have had them tear. The Flex can be nice but you do need to sync it to see any results. And it does sometimes report typing as steps. The One will sometimes count potholes and lawn mowing jarring as steps....but I do believe most who have the One are very satisfied.
86 posts Page 3 of 6