The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

86 posts Page 5 of 6
Re: Fitbit March madness
14 Mar 2014, 22:13
I probably shouldn't speak for the Team, but let me just speak for the Team and say

WAY TO GO, @Tracieknits !!!!!
14 Mar 2014, 22:30
Safe journey @tracieknits and hubs. You should go on holiday more often with that step count. Woo hoo.
14 Mar 2014, 23:34
Thanks !! Hubby has a weeklong conference in Paris in August, so we are working on it ;)
15 Mar 2014, 00:15
Just to say my recently replaced battery ran out beginning of March and I didn't notice. When I did, it was replaced again and fitbit was popped today in my jeans pocket. It must have fallen out with my keys and I thought it gone forever. But, through the power of Twitter, it has been found and I collect it later this week.
Whoo hoo....
16 Mar 2014, 17:41
Here are a few pictures from our European fitbit feeding session ;-)

Don't click on a fast day, as there are food pics.

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/TracieKnits/library/2014%20Europe%20in%20March
20 Mar 2014, 06:42
Hey, teamUSA, let's get moving! Where's our personal trainer? Is that you, @carieoates? You're leading all of us on the team (by total, but not by average).
Sadly, I might be pulling us down further, as I'm in the middle of a big job involving sitting in front of the computer for hours every day. Blech.
20 Mar 2014, 07:18
image.jpg
wendyjane wrote: Hey, teamUSA, let's get moving! Where's our personal trainer? Is that you, @carieoates? You're leading all of us on the team (by total, but not by average).
Sadly, I might be pulling us down further, as I'm in the middle of a big job involving sitting in front of the computer for hours every day. Blech.

I could be your personal trainer, but I've had my own hiccup this week in that I left my fitbit at home last thurs and then missed two classes, fri then sat, so hopefully this week will be better.

So

COME ON GIRLS........YOU CAN DO IT. :neutral:
Just borrowing one of your many beans @nursebean hope you don't mind, but @wendyjane needed a kick up the bot. :smile:
20 Mar 2014, 07:21
Good morning Fitbitters,
I've been too busy feeding my One to post much. It's a lovely clear day here at the moment so I think I'll go for a run, then for a walk .....AGAIN :smile:
20 Mar 2014, 08:57
I have been reunited with my Fitbit. Thank goodness there are still some honest people in this world.
26 Mar 2014, 08:55
We are having amazing rain, hasn't stopped since yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon, and looks like it'll keep going until at least Friday morning. Very needed, as we've had a dry summer (our wet time of year) and everything has been very parched. But that, combined with working from home, has meant I've only just got my target of 12,000 today, and will probably be the same tomorrow. I don't mind walking in the rain (it's actually pretty fun, it's not really cold), but a couple of decent walks with the dog morning and evening is pretty much it.
26 Mar 2014, 14:32
Good afternoon fellow Fitbit users. I'm new to this forum but not new to Fitbit. I've been attached to my 'bit since 10 June 2011 and in the last 3 years + I've done 7,162,775 steps, 11,185 flights of stairs, and 3,128.90 miles. I weighed 165.6lbs on the day I got my 'bit and within a month I was down to 162.3lbs. Then despite the best efforts and motivational effect of my little friend, I had crept up to 225.4lbs by June 2013. But my 'bit does not give up! And since November 2013 I've been feeding it with lots of activity and steps and now I'm on the downward trend. My target for March, and indeed every month, is to do 375,000 steps which is above the WHO recommendation and now I feel affronted if I don't make 12,000-13,000 steps a day!

Any other Fitbit "old timers" around? :cool:
26 Mar 2014, 14:54
Hi Rachael,
Welcome to the group.
I only got my Fitbit last spring after finding out about it on this forum. I had previously used a pedometer and in fact had seen Fitbit at The Gadget Show, a few years ago, but at the time couldn't see the point in up-grading to one.
I run a bit but I'm quite a fair-weather runner. My OH took early retirement last year and we now try and walk nearly every day, usually about 5 - 8 miles, and are planning some walking holidays once our son finishes his exams and (hopefully) leaves for Uni.
27 Mar 2014, 06:15
Hi Rachael. I'm also a newer fitbit user. I have lost lots of pedometers in the past, and never got into the habit of always having one on until I got my fitbit last year about Sept or Oct. Now I just have my flex on permanently and am slightly obsessive checking steps.
27 Mar 2014, 09:08
Apologies if someone has already asked this on a previous page....but which Fitbit do you all use/recommend?

I keep hearing about them & would like to get one.....but which one??!!

Hope you can help!

Many thanks

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
27 Mar 2014, 09:26
Hi @Hazelnut20
I think it is still a choice of the flex, one or zip. I have the one and love it because it attaches on my bra so I wear it all day; I didn't want a wrist band. I also chose it because it had a display, so I could see it when I was out and about. To be honest, I barely use that feature, except when on holiday and away from my computer. I've also given up recording my sleep, after a few months the wrist band doesn't work so well and it's a faff. However the flex would I imagine, be good for that.
I don't think the zip records the number of floors you climb. You may think you are not interested in that, but believe me, you will be!
They are not cheap, but I've now had mine for 7 months, so it has cost on average £11.40 per month. Fitbit has made me (and thus also my partner) walk further most days. If it broke now, I'd go straight out and replace it!
For the sake of being fair, I should point out that lots of other brands of activity monitors exist, but I'd happily recommend the One!
86 posts Page 5 of 6