The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

86 posts Page 4 of 6
Re: Fitbit March madness
11 Mar 2014, 03:01
I love my One too!
11 Mar 2014, 05:01
I'm last place in the team :frown: How did I let this happen? :frown: Well, at least I'm ahead of Carieoates at the moment. Don't tell her, or I'll really be shamed when she pulls ahead :lol:
11 Mar 2014, 07:21
Ha ha @Wenyjane I'm not really interested in step count to bet really honest. I'm an active minutes junky. But d.d.d.ddd. That's a trumpet saying congrats to you. Also my treadmill Has had to be folded away to make may for the new BBQ. So no running at the moment.

@Madcatlady go and get a one or a flex like mine. I will meet up and show it to you, however I did have it on on Saturday btw.
13 Mar 2014, 03:04
Yeah, @carieoates, clearly cooking up some nice BBQ is more important than running! :lol: :lol: :lol: And you're ahead of me anyway. BTW my active minutes count seems almost random.

I can't believe my team! I was all proud of my 15000+ steps today (a walk and a zumba class).

EDIT: 16,000 steps today! A PR!

Then I went and looked at the leaderboard. Everybody is still ahead of me. :cry:
@Tracieknits is averaging 13,000 steps and @GoLinda is averaging about 12,000 steps. Tracie's on vacation and presumably walking all day, but Linda, how are you doing so well? And @Jeninboston is averaging closer to 14,000. What am I to do? Cry some more, I guess...

At least this means that our team score is improving - 50 right now at 9PM MDT.
13 Mar 2014, 03:34
@wendyjane, I'm not going to lie, it has taken a lot of effort to log those steps. I'm trying not to let TeamUSA down. Since I'm not a runner it takes me longer to get those. In fact it took me almost 3.5 hours on Sunday to log 20,000 steps. I was trying to bank some for days of the week where I can't get myself on the treadmill.

I also have the GO! St. Louis marathon/half marathon coming up in April so I have to condition my feet. Would like to beat my 3 hours and 7 minutes for walking the half but you know I'm not getting younger, ha!

The here and there glorious days are helping as well. Today was very cold again so I used up some of my banked steps from Sunday to try and maintain my 10,000 steps a day.

Hey, @bordergirl, did you get your fitbit yet?
13 Mar 2014, 03:47
Good for you, @GoLinda!! (translation for friends across the pond: Good on you, GoLinda!)
13 Mar 2014, 17:33
image.jpg
Well done team USA. I have been a total numpty and left my flex in my dressing gown pocket, so no steps until 3.15 today. I'm usually at about 6-8k by then. My monthly count should could might go up soon as I've decided to go native and run al fresco.
Here's my exercising bean, courtesy of my buddy @nursebean
13 Mar 2014, 21:47
How annoying Carrieoates - I was halfway through my walk yesterday when I realised I didn't have my flex on. First time I've done it too (and one of the reasons I have a Flex - you just strap it on and leave it on).

al fresco as in no shoes or al fresco as in nudie runny?

I have always disliked running (unless it's playing soccer or hockey or something) but walk, cycle and skate a lot. Now I watch Park Run and get oddly tempted to join in... specially because one of my skating buddies does it and loves it. Hmmm....

Does Park Run happen in other places? It's an Australian thing, so good, a 5km run every Saturday morning at 7am. You are pretty much competing against yourself, you have a barcode to record times each time you do it. All free. Happens at heaps of parks around Australia. http://www.parkrun.com.au/
14 Mar 2014, 03:09
@wendyjane don't give up, you'll definitely catch up plus I'll definitely drop my slot on the leaderboard once my sick leave is over and I have to go back to work (goodness, it's this coming Monday :cry: :cry: )

If I'm lucky, I'll average 5,000 a day ... I don't even want to think about going back to work but come to think of it, now I understand why my eating has been shot to pieces this week!! :confused: :shock:

Oh well ... repeat after me "fast and repair and walk" :bugeyes:
14 Mar 2014, 03:56
Katamac, We do have Park runs here throughout the states. I'm not sure they have a barcode tracker though. They have them in all different distances. Some you do have to pay for because of the "trainer".

Jeninboston, do not let work stop you from achieving your 10,000 daily step goal. Try to do 20-30 minutes in the morning before work and one short 20 minute break during the day. Those two periods will combine with your normal activity and give you 10,000 steps. So the mantra is walk, fast, walk, repair, walk, repair, walk, fast...walk every day:)
14 Mar 2014, 07:51
@Katamac wouldn't that scare the villagers, me running naked. :lol:

I thought that if I get up early enough I will only see the dog walkers and then the going to play footballers, then the church goers. Ooh er.............I will not be alone. Maybe park run will happen when I can eventually do 5k.
14 Mar 2014, 08:22
I wish I had known you had yours on on Saturday @carieoates so I could have had a demo. I would love to get one each for the family. I did look at them at Christmas but was undecided as to which one would be best. I thought I saw that there was a new one coming out in the new year too. I feel the same as @madcatlady which one to get?
14 Mar 2014, 12:12
It's not as big and unladylike as I thought then of you didn't spot it on my wrist. @Wendy darling
14 Mar 2014, 17:01
GoLinda wrote: Katamac, We do have Park runs here throughout the states. I'm not sure they have a barcode tracker though. They have them in all different distances. Some you do have to pay for because of the "trainer".

Jeninboston, do not let work stop you from achieving your 10,000 daily step goal. Try to do 20-30 minutes in the morning before work and one short 20 minute break during the day. Those two periods will combine with your normal activity and give you 10,000 steps. So the mantra is walk, fast, walk, repair, walk, repair, walk, fast...walk every day:)

THANKS!!! I like this "So the mantra is walk, fast, walk, repair, walk, repair, walk, fast...walk every day:)"

just need this damn snow to stop and for spring to hurry up and get here
14 Mar 2014, 21:20
Can I just say this? My feet HURT!! 111,359 steps this week, including over 20k the day I went to Paris. The weather has been unseasonably warm (I.e. PERFECT!!) and I've never done so much walking! 43 flights of stairs in Paris including the climb from the Eiffel Tower up to Trocadero. We are flying back home tomorrow -
About 12 hours in the sky, so I won't get my steps in. It has snowed in upstate NY so hopefully we can get our car into the driveway tomorrow night >.<
86 posts Page 4 of 6