The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

172 posts Page 11 of 12
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
I shall remember that: I'm often appalled at how few crisps you get in a bag...although in some ways its probably a good thing :wink: Image
The Theory of Everything was amazing because I almost felt as though I was watching a young Stephen Hawking. Extraordinary acting & completely believable descent into incapacity that must have been devastating for Stephen Hawking to have to actually cope with.
I will not be going to see Fifty Shades of Grey because it doesn't appeal to me & I have chosen not to read the book even though a friend has raved about it & all the music mentioned in it that she even downloaded it all to reread the book & play the accompanying music!!
I'm looking forward to more adventure/action films & Star Wars when it comes out. The actor who played Thor is very watchable :lol: :shock: :wink: I will also go & see the Marigold Hotel sequel.
@isis i too loved Theory
Had to keep reminding myself that Eddie Redmayne was NOT actually Stephen
Very very touching film xx
Did either of you see the tv drama about Stephen Hawking starring Benedict Cumberbatch? He was SO good in that. What an amazing being Hawking is.
No @nursebean but i' ll look out for it if it comes back on x

Yes, I'd be interested to hear what version you prefer! Image
nursebean wrote: Did either of you see the tv drama about Stephen Hawking starring Benedict Cumberbatch? He was SO good in that. What an amazing being Hawking is.

No unfortunately missed that & I am a Benedict fan & wanted to see his latest film, The Imitation Game, but my local cinemas are no longer showing it! I will probably buy a dvd of it.
Yes I'm the same @Isis I missed it too.
Has anyone seen "The Babadook"? It must have bean on for literally one day at the end of last year. It is Mark Kermode's film of the year...and its a horror! I SO wish I'd seen it. I'm sure I can get it on DVD but it won't be the same will it! Image
Not seen 'The Babadook' yet but I did get around to watching 'Frozen' at the weekend. Are they the same type of film? :)
Well let me think now....er...No! :confused: Image
Image :wink:
Yesterday we went to see The Second Marigold Hotel & very much enjoyed it. It was a matinee & filled with people of a similar age :lol: is "silver back" a good description rather than "wrinklies"? although of course many over sixties dye their hair :confused:
Anyway the film I thought was less funny than the first but Richard Gere made a nice edition & the original cast all re-appeared with all the usual misunderstandings happening. If you would like a gentle view of the vagaries of getting older in a possibly aspiring setting then do go & see it. There is no violence, sex or unpleasantness & it has knocked Fifty a Shades of Grey off the UK top listed films!
Well I finally watched Alien. Yes I know I'm 34 years late but I alway thought it was scary and I don't like scary. It wasn't scary but it was a good film if a bit dated now.
@isis we have a thing here called Silver Screen on tues/ thurs..cheap tickets, tea ad biccies for the over 60s...we love going but its a sea of white heads! :lol: glad you enjoyed second Marigold starring the fab Bill Nighy,my favourite!
We went to see Jennifer Aniston this week, playing a serious mo make up,no fluff part in Cake
A bit harrowing and tiring but worth seeing i thought xx
Oh @Wineoclock Alien is a classic! I think you need to see it at the cinema, though, to really get the feel of it. Actually, the picture on my calendar this month is of Alien with "In space nobody can hear you scream"...a great tag line! A few years ago I saw the Director's cut of Alien which includes Dallas near the end coccooned. VERY creepy!
On Wittertainment last week they had an interview with Sigourney Weaver and there were hints that they are thinking of making a final Alien film...with Sigourney!! Something to look out for (but I'm sure it will take years before anything happens).

Well yesterday I sat down with my mum and we watched "The Babadook". I must confess it was a bit of a disappointment. As it was Mark Kermode's Film of the Year I tried my hardest to like it more than I did. But one scene involved the killing of something that was so unnecessary and despite closing my eyes and ears I still heard the screams. It was interesting but that scene really killed it for me. :bugeyes:

I saw the first Marigold Hotel on the very same evening I shook hands with Harrison Ford. Yes, me! My sister and I enjoyed it...but were we just buzzing from our recent encounter? Anyway, I think I'll go and see the sequel. I also want to see a new horror film called "It Follows". It was Mark Kermode's Film of the Week. Hmm I wonder if its better than The Babadook?!!

By the way...did anyone see "Arthur and George" on ITV the other night? I forgot to record it and watching ITV player is proving difficult. Is it worth the hassle?
@Nursebean we are very lucky as we built a theatre room in our new house. Projector, Huge screen that's comes down out of the ceiling, surround sound. So it's almost like being at the cinema without the expensive tickets and overpriced popcorn. I still like to see some movies at the cinema as that's an experience too. We watched Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones last week, that's still a great movie.
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
172 posts Page 11 of 12