The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

172 posts Page 1 of 12
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 Next
I mentioned Philomena, starring Judy Dench, on another thread. It's a brilliant thought provoking movie. Anyway this gave me the idea of a new tent for Fastonbury Glamping Grounds.

Im always inspired by the thoughts of people in this lovely "fast day" community and would love for us to gather in this new tent and tell us about any film thats in your "must see before you die" list. or "i can watch it 100 times and still enjoy it"

for the latter mine is "Love Actually" no idea why .. kwirky film but so good, as is Sound of Music and My Big Fat Greek wedding.

It would be great if you can even give your films a number rating. Only want good films here so i guess anything from 8 for great, 9 for brilliant and 10 for a must see.

no spoilers in case they are new films included here please.

enjoy...
Hi Juliana ..i love "O Brother Where Art Thou"..a definite ten
Also love the latest Coen Bros film, "Inside Llewyn Davies" .another ten
And also..tens again.."Distant Voices,Still lives " and " Etre et Avoir " and all Mike Leigh films! X
I definitely agree with your three Julianna and O Brother.
I could list so many, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Gods Must be Crazy, Flying High and all three Lord of the Rings.
That's just a few.
Just realised this tent is missing overpriced choc tops and pop corn, I'll just duck out and get some.
Wineoclock wrote: Just realised this tent is missing overpriced choc tops and pop corn, I'll just duck out and get some.

yumm can you get me a really big box of pop corn. and so long since i had a choc top. its my feast day so i can indulge guilt free.
I'm just going to list some of my favorite movies including from when I was young. I love movies and could go on and on, but I'll just list my top ten.

Pretty in Pink
The Outsiders
When Harry Met Sally
The Wedding Singer
The Shawshank Redemption
Remember the Titans
Mr. Holland's Opus
Love Actually
About a Boy
Garden State
@cblasz there are a few films in your list i havent yet seen but want to..
Would like to see Garden State coz i believe a few Shins songs feature? One of my fave bands...
Often the soundtrack in a film can make all the difference to my enjoyment of it!..
I love Silent sigh by Badly drawn boy in the film,about A boy..enjoyed the film and the book x
BtW what are choc tops?we don't have them in England..are they like choc ices.? :razz:

Ps and a thought,which way is better,read the book then see the film or the other way round . Think i prefer not to have read the book first,coz i can get disappointed if the characters are not as i imagined them.. X
CandiceMarie wrote:
BtW what are choc tops?we don't have them in England..are they like choc ices.? :razz:

so yum

http://www.goodfood.com.au/entertainmen ... 1y52c.html

:grin:

Hurry up wineoclock with that big barrel of fresh hot popcorn!
CandiceMarie wrote: @cblasz there are a few films in your list i havent yet seen but want to..
Would like to see Garden State coz i believe a few Shins songs feature? One of my fave bands...
Often the soundtrack in a film can make all the difference to my enjoyment of it!..
I love Silent sigh by Badly drawn boy in the film,about A boy..enjoyed the film and the book x

Ps and a thought,which way is better,read the book then see the film or the other way round . Think i prefer not to have read the book first,coz i can get disappointed if the characters are not as i imagined them.. X

The soundtrack to Garden State is awesome. It is definitely one of the reasons I love the movie. After I bought the CD it stayed in my car player for years! I highly recommend it!

Hard to say about movie or book first. Sometimes it's cool to see the movie and then get more of the background from the book. But, then when I read the book I don't imagine it the same way I would without the movie. If I read the book first, it never quite lives up to my expectations! Sometimes I just won't see the movie for a book I loved!

I think the bottom line is, whichever one you do first (book or movie) is the one you'll like more. I had seen About a Boy a ton of times before I read the book. I almost didn't like the book, it was so different!!
On my way with the popcorn, just had to take out a second mortgage to pay for it :lol:
My OH said to add his.. gives it a number 9

has subtitles as made in Denmark

Babette's Feast
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babette%27s_Feast

on the question of book and film..

The writer of the screenplay said..

"There is a lot that works in writing, but when translated to pictures, it doesn't give at all the same impression or feeling. All the changes I undertook, I did to actually be faithful to Karen Blixen." – Gabriel Axel
Wineoclock wrote: On my way with the popcorn, just had to take out a second mortgage to pay for it :lol:

Great. cant wait.

but isnt it good and we are both worth it.
The film that I have seen the most is The Sound of Music, tho often I will stop watching after they have got married!!

My fave film is "Dave" - idealistic, but have also seen it many times. Other films I have watched repeatedly are Love Actually, Groundhog Day and lots of old musicals - Singin' in the Rain, White Christmas, High Society, Kiss Me Kate and so on.
Juliana! We must be twins that were separated at birth as MY two favourite films are The Sound of Music and Love Actually as well! Closely followed by The Time Traveler's Wife (which I avoided like the plague having ruined the book of PS I Love You by watching the film!!) The book of TTTW is my absolute fave and I will read it at least once a year.

I also love The Notebook, The Lake House and good ole Mamma Mia! for a singalong.....

(I'm such an old romantic......)
@Juliana.Rivers Love the Axel quote,so well put x thanks for the choctop info! They look fun! Istill havent seen The Notebook but really want to!
@Domane great to see you..havent seen you round for a week or so
Going to check out the GS soundtrack @cblasz..if the other tracks are as good as Shins " Caring is Creepy" and " New Slang" it must be fab! I love it when you find something you can listen to over and over.where would we be without music?
image.jpg
(42.8 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 Next
172 posts Page 1 of 12